• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm. Just read both previews. Maybe you could tone the language in the commentary down a bit? I am against M-rated games, and I don't want this otherwise relatively mild game to recieve the 'M' rating.

Lol at the 2nd Falklands War "simulations" in the RPS preview:
we’ve run over 1000 separate conflict scenarios. Of these, 54% ended in stalemate, 19% were won by the defence industry, 12% by TV news networks, 8% by politicians, 5% by oil companies and 2% by anthropomorphic sunflowers.
Anthropomorphic sunflowers ftw! :D

Hmm. Just read both previews. Maybe you could tone the language in the commentary down a bit? I am against M-rated games, and I don't want this otherwise relatively mild game to recieve the 'M' rating.
I dont think the target audiance for this game is below 16 anyway. I do however agree that a written "we didnt want to start a fucking.." sounds much harsher than the same sentence being said out loud. However, a minister would proboably use the word "fuck" if their navy were close to start ww 3.;)

I can live without that kind of language and Im not sure it really adds anything so I guess that removing it to get a lower rating would be ok. I do however think its stupid if people are offended by a character saying "fuck" while they themselves accidentally are launching a set of sidewinders towards a commercial airliner....

I can live without that kind of language and Im not sure it really adds anything so I guess that removing it to get a lower rating would be ok. I do however think its stupid if people are offended by a character saying "fuck" while they themselves accidentally are launching a set of sidewinders towards a commercial airliner....
Aye, two good points.

In the end though, I think that if removing the language would enable more kids to play the game (there are alot of keen & intelligent 12-15 year olds that we've never met :p ), then I reckon it'd be a good idea

RockPaperShotgun.com/2012/03/23/the-flare-path-cod-wars said:
Naval War: Arctic Circle is a game that teaches you to be afraid of little crimson arrows. I know this because I spent yesterday being afraid of little crimson arrows.
This gave me the giggles for a while, :blush:

Last edited:
there are alot of keen & intelligent 12-15 year olds that we've never met :p
I'm sorry to say it, but you HAVE met one. Over the internet at least.:D I have been waiting for this game for almost a year, and I would hate for it all to go to waste because of a stupid word.

P.S. Yes, I know, I do know a lot about the military for a teenager. I can also explain how a nuclear reactor works. Nuclear physics for the win. :)

Last edited:
I don't get it do kinds follow the ratings over there? I remember playing doom as a teenager and I do believe 15 year olds are playing GTA now a days so i would not worry. Unless it has something to do with steam(I dont know if age determines what games you can buy-

I'm sorry to say it, but you HAVE met one. Over the internet at least.:D I have been waiting for this game for almost a year, and I would hate for it all to go to waste because of a stupid word.

P.S. Yes, I know, I do know a lot about the military for a teenager. I can also explain how a nuclear reactor works. Nuclear physics for the win. :)

Read again. You missed to intelligent part didnt you ? ;)

Anyway, I agree with what was previously said. If it makes the game available to a bigger audience I dont mind the foul language being cut out.

I myself am not very offended by the language. I hear the "F-word" about ten times per day at my school. The problem however, is Steam. So Jan, please consider removing the worst of the language.

Last edited:
There is no M. The age rating is, if I understand it correctly, 12 in the non-English speaking world and 16 in the English speaking world (go figure). There is no M that I know about, just a PEGI-16 and a USK-12 (off the top of my head).

We're not in a position to change anything at this point.

There is no M. The age rating is, if I understand it correctly, 12 in the non-English speaking world and 16 in the English speaking world (go figure). There is no M that I know about, just a PEGI-16 and a USK-12 (off the top of my head).

We're not in a position to change anything at this point.
U mad bro? Maybe because you've been receiving your Backfire advice from a teenager? :D M is an ESRB rating which basically means 17+. Is the language used frequently?

Last edited:
U mad bro? Maybe because you've been receiving your Backfire advice from a teenager? :D M is an ESRB rating which basically means 17+. Is the language used frequently?
Thats a seriously stupid statement. If I was an admin it would be itching in my fingers by now. The only one whos angry is proboably only you since youre not going to be able to play it with the 16+ rating. Thats also why you care so much. Am I correct ?

A pegi-16 rating doesnt really matter too much at all anyway. Since it has passed paradoxs check Im sure its nothing offensive and nothing were not used to hear in movies etc. If it could be lowerd to make the game adress a bigger audience I wouldnt mind but Jan clearly said that its not possible. :)

Thats a seriously stupid statement. If I was an admin it would be itching in my fingers by now. The only one whos angry is proboably only you since youre not going to be able to play it with the 16+ rating. Thats also why you care so much. Am I correct ?

A pegi-16 rating doesnt really matter too much at all anyway. Since it has passed paradoxs check Im sure its nothing offensive and nothing were not used to hear in movies etc. If it could be lowerd to make the game adress a bigger audience I wouldnt mind but Jan clearly said that its not possible. :)
Err, don't really know what you're referring to there... I was mostly joking. :unsure:

i am also a teenager. so it did get the rated m rating millions of teenagers in the us still the m rated games series call of duty battlefield.... so i guess it would not matter.