+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #28 - Sneak Peak 1.03 - Combat rework and more

Quote Originally Posted by g3st470 View Post
    Will those awfuly long battles be fixed in 1.03? In hoi2 they lasted hours,in dh they last for months.
    real life offensives often too up to some weeks to perform. However sometimes, slightly shorter attack times would be preferred.

Its 4 months since last dev diary! We need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tankist/45 View Post
    Its 4 months since last dev diary! We need a new one!
    +1

Come on, guys, give us something!

Darkest Hour Game Designer Fernando Torres's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegioThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    Martin and Björn are currently on vacations.
    The 1.03 beta should be ready by August/September (only balance and minor DB works remaining atm), along with new dev diary(ies).

Darkest Hour500k club

That was a good news indeed. I can't really wait for it too long.
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain
    I know I'm stupid. But when I look around, I take courage. - Ion Creangă
    Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. - Elbert Hubbard

Come on September...
    You can fight against stupidity but you cannot win.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Supreme Ruler: Cold War

can you remove the ai movement bonus where if theyre in combat and it ends, they immediately occupy the province but the same isnt true for humans?

or give us an option to turn it off? its really really annoying
    I wanna be Korean or Japanese.

"If it's an exploit for para's then it's an exploit for EVERY unit in the game and therefore the game itself is an exploit." -jju_57

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PanzerMan7 View Post
    can you remove the ai movement bonus where if theyre in combat and it ends, they immediately occupy the province but the same isnt true for humans?

or give us an option to turn it off? its really really annoying
    And I repeat the request I've made a few times before that AI should not regain organization when moving.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

I wasn't aware that they did that. I know my troops regain organisation while retreating - does the AI get to do it all the time?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Yes, AI regains organization when moving, retreating or not. It has been my primary annoyance with HoI2 since it was released, but it has never been changed.
    Mod:

AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi

ai cheats infuriate me a /lot/

though I can see the need /somewhat/

why cant we simply disable them if we like?

"If it's an exploit for para's then it's an exploit for EVERY unit in the game and therefore the game itself is an exploit." -jju_57

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Yes, AI regains organization when moving, retreating or not. It has been my primary annoyance with HoI2 since it was released, but it has never been changed.
    I guess that the AI will become much worse if this cheat is disabled. I expect that encirclements would be much easier to form.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybvep View Post
    I guess that the AI will become much worse if this cheat is disabled. I expect that encirclements would be much easier to form.
    doubtful

unlimited air and naval range (tho air only applies if any base is in range)
    regain org while moving
    i think they have no FoW too

except /maybe/ the last, none of those would affect encirclements

regain org while moving helps them avoid encircles by allowing the to be fairly strong during retreat. Otherwise it would be very easy to find weak points and exploit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Zog View Post
    regain org while moving helps them avoid encircles by allowing the to be fairly strong during retreat. Otherwise it would be very easy to find weak points and exploit them.
    This. Also, the AI in all HOI games likes to shuffle units around to a much greater extent than the player, so...

unlimited air and naval range (tho air only applies if any base is in range)
    This is much worse, I think. Unfortunately, I expect that the whole Air/Naval AI would have to be written from scratch if this was changed.

I know that cheats may be annoying, but they were introduced for a reason. The devs probably thought that it would be very hard to teach the AI to handle X or Y properly, so they implemented some cheats that make the AI's life easier. They went too far with unlimited range IMO, but other cheats are acceptable.

Blog Entries
    Then give the player org gain in moving as well.
    Mod:

AAR:

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Then give the player org gain in moving as well.
    This is HOI3's approach. Whether it's good or bad is a matter of debate, as it means that your divisions can move from Madrid to Vladivostok without ever stopping to regain ORG... Moreover, it's sth that would make the player's life easier and the AI's life and I don't think that we want that.

Preferable a misc command would be added that would control to which extent the AI ignores org loss during moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Kung Zog View Post
    Preferable a misc command would be added that would control to which extent the AI ignores org loss during moving.
    This sounds ok for me. Moddability is good in general .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast