Darkest Hour - Dev Diary #28 - Sneak Peak 1.03 - Combat rework and more

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was a good news indeed. I can't really wait for it too long. :mellow:

can you remove the ai movement bonus where if theyre in combat and it ends, they immediately occupy the province but the same isnt true for humans?

or give us an option to turn it off? its really really annoying

can you remove the ai movement bonus where if theyre in combat and it ends, they immediately occupy the province but the same isnt true for humans?

or give us an option to turn it off? its really really annoying
And I repeat the request I've made a few times before that AI should not regain organization when moving.

Yes, AI regains organization when moving, retreating or not. It has been my primary annoyance with HoI2 since it was released, but it has never been changed.

I guess that the AI will become much worse if this cheat is disabled. I expect that encirclements would be much easier to form.
doubtful

unlimited air and naval range (tho air only applies if any base is in range)
regain org while moving
i think they have no FoW too

except /maybe/ the last, none of those would affect encirclements

regain org while moving helps them avoid encircles by allowing the to be fairly strong during retreat. Otherwise it would be very easy to find weak points and exploit them.

regain org while moving helps them avoid encircles by allowing the to be fairly strong during retreat. Otherwise it would be very easy to find weak points and exploit them.
This. Also, the AI in all HOI games likes to shuffle units around to a much greater extent than the player, so...

unlimited air and naval range (tho air only applies if any base is in range)
This is much worse, I think. Unfortunately, I expect that the whole Air/Naval AI would have to be written from scratch if this was changed.

I know that cheats may be annoying, but they were introduced for a reason. The devs probably thought that it would be very hard to teach the AI to handle X or Y properly, so they implemented some cheats that make the AI's life easier. They went too far with unlimited range IMO, but other cheats are acceptable.

Then give the player org gain in moving as well.
This is HOI3's approach. Whether it's good or bad is a matter of debate, as it means that your divisions can move from Madrid to Vladivostok without ever stopping to regain ORG... Moreover, it's sth that would make the player's life easier and the AI's life and I don't think that we want that.