Go to thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Do cities, bishoprics and baronies build on their own?

  1. #21
    I think they spend a lot of money on their court and probably giving gifts to others. Another good reason to have fewer mayors, fewer courts to fund.

  2. #22
    Its not just money supply, theirs an ai build chance modifier in the buildings.txt that influences their building chance.

  3. #23
    Captain NCreepy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    453
    Really ? I didn't know that. I always start of any new game with my increase income phase. I build up my castles with the 100 + 120 income buildings, then i do the same for all cities. From there the mayors always build the rest up in a relatively timely manner.

  4. #24
    Can you blame them for valuing walls? Villages might pay off in the future, but added security? That pays off the moment the wall's done. Peace of mind!

  5. #25
    Captain NCreepy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by DominusNovus View Post
    Can you blame them for valuing walls? Villages might pay off in the future, but added security? That pays off the moment the wall's done. Peace of mind!
    Hehe no i can't blame them I usually have to build the first wall for them anyways since it's needed for the 120 gold income building hahaha
    It even increase the income by 0.20

  6. #26
    GroFAZ Demi Moderator blue emu's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Woodstock N.B. Canada
    Posts
    16,808
    Quote Originally Posted by azaz View Post
    Assassinations (Some guy apparently changed the cost for assassinations and noticed his vassals building a lot more because they couldn't afford the assassinations.
    Yeah, I've gotten a bit tired of all the assassinations in my game, and tripled the cost of them.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

    My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

    "The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

  7. #27
    Captain NCreepy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    453
    In my game an assassination cost 2000 gold, for a plot you need 15 colaborators. If they are able to get that many ppl onbord then they deserve to be able to kill someone.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Yeah, I've gotten a bit tired of all the assassinations in my game, and tripled the cost of them.
    The thing is, there aren't that many assassinations in a game. I have two data sets, the first one is from 1066 to 1400, and it looks like this:
    Death by depression - 3589
    Death by accident - 5584
    Burned at stake - 8
    Killed in duel - 32
    Death by wound - 1318
    Death by old age - 16842
    Death by Illness - 15373
    Killed by mob - 176
    Beheaded - 89
    Assassinated - 564
    Died at tournament - 12
    Mysterious Death - 473
    Killed in Battle - 553
    Died in a hunting accident - 95
    Death in prison - 1314

    The 10 most common ages to die at were:
    age : value
    41 : 1158
    60 : 1119
    61 : 1118
    65 : 1075
    62 : 1057
    57 : 1055
    64 : 1040
    63 : 1031
    55 : 1027
    59 : 1018

    The mean (average) age of death was: 52 [I rounded this down for some reason]
    The second data set is from 1066 to game end (1/1/1453, since it collects the data from the autosaves). In this I noticed a few assassinations in my own realm (I got poisoned twice, and a duke assassinated his way to another duke title so wiped out maybe three or four inheritors before he got the title), but again the numbers are fairly low:
    Genius - 1203
    Death by depression - 3987
    Death by accident - 6290
    Burned at stake - 4
    Killed in duel - 33
    Death by wound - 1436
    Death by old age - 19092
    Death by Illness - 17194
    Killed by mob - 230
    Beheaded - 78
    Assassinated - 648
    Died at tournament - 14
    Mysterious Death - 604
    Killed in Battle - 589
    Died in a hunting accident - 79
    Death in prison - 1539

    The 10 most common ages to die at were:
    age : value
    66 : 1241
    55 : 1231
    60 : 1220
    58 : 1219
    62 : 1215
    56 : 1211
    64 : 1196
    61 : 1193
    41 : 1189
    57 : 1183

    The mean age of death was: 52.700452555012
    Oh yeah, and I had a few assassinations on my hands as well, because you know, inheritances can be tricky things -- gotta make sure the titles go to the right person. The genius line was just a curiousity; but around 2% of the population are born with it, it seems (or rather, 2% of the population DIES with it, since traits are only recorded on death).

    Fairly low number of assassinations. Even IF we take 'Mysterious death' into account it's barely 2% of the deaths (I don't know what 'mysterious death' means, but I suspect it's when you kill someone through a plot -- I've yet to confirm that though).

    Edit: if I had a few more saves (with traits -- that is, using the Death Causes mod), I could normalize the data and we'd get some useful numbers out of it. With only two data sets, our data is nowhere near meaningful.
    Last edited by azaz; 26-03-2012 at 05:50.

  9. #29
    Captain NCreepy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    453
    For some reason when i "breed" a very good heir or 2 they seem to die around the age 20-30 I had a VERY good heir going, and he died at 30. The new heir got an event that simply said something to the effect of being a "poor" replacement compared to the original heir and he had a 90% chance of getting craven and 10% chance of getting brave in this event. He got the craven trait of course

  10. #30
    I wish it would tell you how the person died instead of just "they died".
    Like a low tech autopsy, were they choking on their own blood, were they poisoned, did they die in their sleep of old age, did they die of illness.
    Cause like you guys when someone dies randomly at age 20, I can only assume it was wet work.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokibukisa View Post
    I wish it would tell you how the person died instead of just "they died".
    Like a low tech autopsy, were they choking on their own blood, were they poisoned, did they die in their sleep of old age, did they die of illness.
    Cause like you guys when someone dies randomly at age 20, I can only assume it was wet work.
    The answer lies in this mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d-Death-causes

    Quote Originally Posted by NCreepy View Post
    For some reason when i "breed" a very good heir or 2 they seem to die around the age 20-30 I had a VERY good heir going, and he died at 30. The new heir got an event that simply said something to the effect of being a "poor" replacement compared to the original heir and he had a 90% chance of getting craven and 10% chance of getting brave in this event. He got the craven trait of course
    Hah, I had that the other way around. My idiot son died and my perfect second son became my heir. Of course, the event fired anyway and he got craven. Oh well.

  12. #32
    Captain NCreepy's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by azaz View Post
    The answer lies in this mod: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d-Death-causes


    Hah, I had that the other way around. My idiot son died and my perfect second son became my heir. Of course, the event fired anyway and he got craven. Oh well.

    Hmmmm, strange.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts