+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optimal building cofiguration for tech rate

Optimal building cofiguration for tech rate

Anyone want to share what they think the best configuration of cities with universities and bishoprics is for maximizing tech rate without wasting too much on the "too far ahead" penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by mwm View Post
    Anyone want to share what they think the best configuration of cities with universities and bishoprics is for maximizing tech rate without wasting too much on the "too far ahead" penalty?
    Universities are better than monastic schools, obviously, and they also cost more. I don't see how you can avoid the 'too far ahead' penalty...if you've got enough schools and universities built, then you'll eventually get ahead of your time, that happens. You should keep in mind that cities make a lot more cash as well, while bishoprics can end up not paying you at all.

Thanks for the reply. And I guess I was specifically wondering if people think it's worth putting a second city in the capital for tech rate.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

If your capital is coastal (like London), then it's worth building a second city regardless.

Not sure whether multiple universities in the same province will stack their bonus or not.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is RED. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use Black for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEuropa Universalis IV

I guess building the research buildings in a church is "better" because they cost far less put together then the 1 city research building you can build within a resonable timeframe. 320 for the 2 church building compared to 600 for the first city building. I think you need lvl 3 city infrastructure for the second city reserach building maybe even lvl 4, i forget.

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    If your capital is coastal (like London), then it's worth building a second city regardless.

Not sure whether multiple universities in the same province will stack their bonus or not.
    If you're gonna choose between a bishopric and a city, obviously go with the city, it makes you a lot more money anyways. Personally, I never build bishoprics, I either go with castles for quality troops, or with cities for cash; I also make sure my demesne holdings are always coastal. The whole university thing is just a plus. I also assume that these bonuses stack, it would be silly if they didn't.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Semper FiCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by moldeh View Post
    If you're gonna choose between a bishopric and a city, obviously go with the city, it makes you a lot more money anyways. Personally, I never build bishoprics, I either go with castles for quality troops, or with cities for cash; I also make sure my demesne holdings are always coastal. The whole university thing is just a plus. I also assume that these bonuses stack, it would be silly if they didn't.
    Usually the building of churches is reserved for the under-developed provinces that don't have one yet, like most of the southern Baltic pagan provinces.
    “My own view is that this planet is used as a penal colony, lunatic asylum and dumping ground by a superior civilization, to get rid of the undesirable and unfit. I can't prove it, but you can't disprove it either.” - Christopher Hitchens

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    Interface shows that they stack.

+ Reply to Thread