Welcome to this After Action Report (AAR)
What am I trying to reach with this AAR?
Nationalist China, officially Republic of China (ROC), is a very interesting country to play with. It has a fairly large starting army, but the techs and doctrines are very poor. It doesn't have a serious navy or airforce. Nationalist China starts with a good amount of leadership (10.68), so we can research several things. The strongest point of China is the almost unlimited numbers of soldiers. We have to use this as much as possible to fulfil our ambitions. But what are those ambitions?
First of all we want to add some other parts of China (Yunnan, Guanxi) to our empire. Later on Com. China and Shanxi will follow. We will join Axis after we beat Japan. This means China has to become a naval power! Can we resist the UK and USA and help Germany to beat the Soviet Union? I don't know, but we will see!
Some of my house rules in this AAR:
- I will play FTM 3.05.
- I don't play with any mods.
- No cheats or edited files. I only unpuppet Xibei San Ma!
- Manual control on everything
- Normal difficulty
- No build of reserve ARM, MOT, MEC etc.
Some other notes to keep in mind:
- This is my third AAR, one failed due a computer crash. The other one can be found here!
- Don't hesitate to give some hints and tips for this AAR!
- I will try to update this AAR regularly (once a week).
- English is not my mother tongue (I'm Dutch!), so there will be some language errors...
- Please let me know if you are in.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Building an army (1 January 1936 - 30 June 1936)
- Chapter 2: Prepare for War (1 July 1936 - 1 July 1937)
- Chapter 3: Conquest of Taiwan (1 July 1937 – 1 September 1937)
- Chapter 4: Hold the Line! (1 September 1937 – 2 November 1937)
- Chapter 5: Coming soon!
Last update: 28 March 2012