+ Reply to Thread

Thread: France ate my Vassal-Artois

France ate my Vassal-Artois

Hello,

just noticed that my Vassal Artois (northern france, channel border, 2PM) just got sneakily annexed by france. I got no notification, no war, or anything.

Suddently everyone in Artois decided to rather be french and switched colors, without anybody even bothering to send me (or my 60k + other, more loyal vassals, Army) even a letter of goodbye.

What happened? And how do i prevent my vassals being sneakily eaten by foreign powers?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Did you vassalise them while they were still at war? If so then they will continue to be in that war and may be eaten.

What country were you? What year is it? The more details the better.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Same question as Jake.

Do you have an idea on how they appeared on the map ? released during a war, through event/decision ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

Could it be an event similar to the Burgundian one? It would make sence for Artois to have such an event because they did get diplomatically annexed by France, as far as I know.
    It should obviously not happen if it's a subject nation, though.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Well, if Artois has been released as vassal through event/decision, and "swallowed" back through event, it means that it woul indeed be part of the apanage system, and therefore should be added back to France when no male ruler. Like i said for Bourgogne, it shouldn't be able to become a vassal of any other nation than France, in the first place... but that is because i haven't coded that part of the feature yet
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Like i said for Bourgogne, it shouldn't be able to become a vassal of any other nation than France, in the first place...
    What? Why? I mean, obviously it historically was a vassal of France, and only France, in its history, but EU3 gameplay is largely ahistorical. Why would you try to add something that limits gameplay only to make it more historically accurate?
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    As i said, it would depend on how the vassal is to be released. An apangage was :

... was a concession of a fief by the sovereign to his younger sons, while the eldest son became king on the death of his father. [...] These lands could not be sold, neither hypothetically nor as a dowry, and returned to the royal domain on the extinction of the princely line. Daughters were excluded from the system: a now-archaic interpretation of Salic law generally prohibited daughters from inheriting land and also from acceding to the throne.
    So, it's not just a matter of a vassal of France, and only France, in its history, but of how the system worked. The apanage would have to be abolished first, and i'm thinking on how i could do it (abolish the apanage, i mean).
    •

Oh, I see. Well, that does make a bit more sense.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    I would never code something for France in the sole aim of favouring my homeland
    •

Year: Early 1400s
    Vassalisation: Released them as a vassal from my own provinces, via the normal "relase a country who΄s provinces you own as a vassal"-option. No event or war involved.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Then there seems to indeed be a problem... didn't intended that way of course. Thanks for the precision, i'll look into it.
    •

+ Reply to Thread