• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(464031)

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 12, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron III
So here a few questions of mine that I'll like to see answered

Q1; How many factions, if multiple, will there be?

Q2; How many units are there?

Q3; Is there Base-Building like in games such as Age of Empires of StarCraft 2?

Q4; What are the resources, and how many of these resources are there (I mean by like if there's a gold resource, is there any other resources)?

Thanks.

A1: There won't be any actual factions. You build your own contracts which decide which units you'll be able to spawn into combat (you choose which contract you want to use when entering a game and you can change it on respawn). There are numerous different manufacturers of combat droids and battlefield utility though, but you can still mix and match freely among these if you want to. They do however offer a easy way for new player so find natural synergies between units, since most units from the same manufacturer works well together (or if you just want a force with matching units). If you want to try out cross-manufacturer combinations, this is still very possible!

A2: Not decided exactly how many units there will be in the game on its initial release. But quite a few ;)

The units available will also be very open for customization, allowing players to customize their weapons, abilities and stats, making each units able to fill several different roles.

A3: Nope. None. We wanted to put the focus on the combat while playing the game, so it's gonna be fighting from the first minute to the last. The purpose of base building has instead been transferred into the contracts, where you can in peace and quiet before joining a game choose which units you'll be able to spawn and which upgrades they'll have instead of building the structure required or tech-ing it. There will still be defensive turrets and alike available for deployment in-game.

A4: We have tried to keep the resources quite basic - There will be energy which is used to spawn units and using utility abilities and an upkeep cap which is important to keep track of. There is currently also a resource called scrap metal which is gained from killing enemy units, which allows you to use your more powerful utility abilities, such as orbital rocket strikes. The idea is not that the player harvest resources like in traditional RTSes, instead their purpose is to limit players from spawning units too fast and for rewarding players for doing good in battle. As previously stated; we want to have focus on the combat.

I hope these answers made things a bit clearer for you. If there are more questions, just keep asking and I'll answer as much as I can and is allowed :)

Last edited: