• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Manuel I Komnen

Sergeant
10 Badges
Oct 29, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
I've been working on this project and I have made a good progress so far. I want to implement several events in order to make it fully playable. Other than that, I've edited the map and I've organized each army, according to a variety of historical sources. I've also added images for most units. Images I used for the Kingdom of Greece Improvement Project were added as well.

A few images:

darkesthour201203210033.png
darkesthour201203210030.png
darkesthour201203210033.png

I always welcome people who are willing to help.

changelog

Historical Borders
Accurate unit organization presentation according to the archives of each army
Complete overhaul of the Greek and Ottoman fleets
Correct names of land, air and naval units

Bulgarian land units:
AB: Schneider-Canet 75mm QF M. 1904
Greek land units:
AB: Schneider-Creusot 75mm QF field gun M. 1906
Greek air units:
Reconnaissance: Farman MF.7
Greek naval units:
Armoured Cruiser: Pisa-class (Averoff)
Destroyers: Wild Beast class (Aetos, Ierax, Leon, Panthir), Niki-class (Niki, Aspis, Doxa, Velos, Thyella, Nafkratousa, Lonchi, Sfendoni) -> note: the 4 latter are of the Thyella class but share the same characteristics with the Niki-class.
Submarines: Delfin-class (Delfin)

Ottoman land units:
AB: Krupp 75mm QF field gun M. 1903
Ottoman naval units:
Predreadnought: Brandenburg-class (Turgut Reis, Barbaros Hayreddin)
Protected Cruiser: Hamidiye-class (Hamidiye, Mecidiye) ->note: the two ships are not of the same class as they were built in different naval yards but they share the same characteristics (speed, armament)
Destroyers: Samsun-class

Serbian land units:
AB: Schneider-Canet 75mm QF field gun M. 1907

scaled.php
Montenegro 1907 Infantry
scaled.php
Bulgarian 1907 Infantry
scaled.php
Serbian 1907 Infantry
illbribul10.png
Bulgarian artillery brigade
scaled.php
Turgut Reis Predreadnought
scaled.php
Hamidiye Protected Cruiser

Last edited:
Nice idea. I've often thought of this, but since my modding skills are not the greatest, I haven't been able to do anything. However, now I've got my hands full, so I can't help. I will watch this, however.

is there a chance u add more provices and when do u think the mod will be ready?

Go ottomans,let's kill the invasors!

is there a chance u add more provices and when do u think the mod will be ready?

I have no knowledge in mapping and I'd welcome someone who would be willing to prepare a new map for the mod. With more provinces I would replace the divisions with regiments and that would make the conflict much more interesting and massive. Actually the Bulgarian divisions were equivalent to a Corps sized unit, therefore it's hard to portray the real power of each army, unless of course the regiment becomes the primary unit. As for the release date of the mod, I just have to add events. That's kinda hard so if someone has knowledge on working the events that would save a lot of time. The most important events should be the Peace Treaty, the creation of Albania and the 2nd Balkan War.

I want to add something to yours previous post, that is true about size of divisions, and for Serbian army division is more like corps. Serbian infantry consisted of 4 infantry regiments, one cavalry, one artillery regiment and auxiliary battalions. It is great idea to make regimental like primary unit.

Actually I have been working on a similar project! I guess you have advanced farther than I have. How are your unit strengths? I found some info about how powerful were Turkish divisions (some were lacking a regiment).

Manuel, considering this is looking like a scenario more then a grand campaign, you dont even need surrender events. Just have game simply end when someone reaches their main objective (IE: Ottomans crush the Greeks ; Greeks and Bulgarians beat the Ottomans ; ect ; ect). You can simply create a 2nd scenario for the 2nd Balkans War which would be easier to set it up then hoping the AI gets everything right in the first Balkan war.

I want to add something to yours previous post, that is true about size of divisions, and for Serbian army division is more like corps. Serbian infantry consisted of 4 infantry regiments, one cavalry, one artillery regiment and auxiliary battalions. It is great idea to make regimental like primary unit.

Indeed and the Bulgarian infantry divisions consisted of 3 brigades with 2 regiments each for a total summary of 6 regiments per division. They numbered 25-40.000 troops. The Greek divisions were weaker compared to both the Serbian and he Bulgarian ones and the strength of the Ottoman divisions varied, depending on whether they were Nizam (standing army) or Redif (made up of conscripts who formed regional Divisions). That has to be portrayed in the game as well.

Actually I have been working on a similar project! I guess you have advanced farther than I have. How are your unit strengths? I found some info about how powerful were Turkish divisions (some were lacking a regiment).

Currently I've set most Serbian and Bulgarian divisions to 100/100 and I've also supplied them with an artillery brigade. I guess the Greek ones must be set somewhat lower. For the Ottoman ones, I placed the Nizam at 90/100 and the Redif at 60/100. Some Ottoman divisions even numbered 3,000 men at various points throughout the campaign.

Manuel, considering this is looking like a scenario more then a grand campaign, you dont even need surrender events. Just have game simply end when someone reaches their main objective (IE: Ottomans crush the Greeks ; Greeks and Bulgarians beat the Ottomans ; ect ; ect). You can simply create a 2nd scenario for the 2nd Balkans War which would be easier to set it up then hoping the AI gets everything right in the first Balkan war.

You've got a point there. Actually I've structured it like a HoI2 battle scenario by turning Diplomacy, Technology and Production off. I was just thinking of adding several events in order to make it seem more complex and polished.

In the scenario I've also included Romania and Italy because I was thinking of getting them involved one way or another through a certain event. For example, Romania demanded the annexation of Dobrudja from Bulgaria. This should be made an event and if Bulgaria disagrees, a new front will open up in the North. In the same way Greece and Serbia may refuse to acknowledge the creation of Albania, thus causing Italy to attack both of them

In the scenario I've also included Romania and Italy because I was thinking of getting them involved one way or another through a certain event. For example, Romania demanded the annexation of Dobrudja from Bulgaria. This should be made an event and if Bulgaria disagrees, a new front will open up in the North. In the same way Greece and Serbia may refuse to acknowledge the creation of Albania, thus causing Italy to attack both of them[/QUOTE]

Great, but one or few suggestion, maybe it will be considered to involve Austria Hungary, because they was very eager to crush Serbia and just searching for good opportunity. Situation after siege of Shkoder, and naval blockade of Boka Kotorska.

it would be nice to add a event for the greek megali idea and a war in anatolia

In the scenario I've also included Romania and Italy because I was thinking of getting them involved one way or another through a certain event. For example, Romania demanded the annexation of Dobrudja from Bulgaria. This should be made an event and if Bulgaria disagrees, a new front will open up in the North. In the same way Greece and Serbia may refuse to acknowledge the creation of Albania, thus causing Italy to attack both of them

Great, but one or few suggestion, maybe it will be considered to involve Austria Hungary, because they was very eager to crush Serbia and just searching for good opportunity. Situation after siege of Shkoder, and naval blockade of Boka Kotorska.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably include their Bosnian provinces.

it would be nice to add a event for the greek megali idea and a war in anatolia

That'd take it too far, even after the WW1 though.

That'd take it too far, even after the WW1 though.

what i mean is that if greece wins the 2nd balkan war give her an event that would let her declare another war to turkey and national provices in anatolia and thrace. all this is imaginary but would make the mod last longer and let u fight in another battlefield(anatolia)

I've added the changelog of the work so far and a few images in the first post as a preview.

Last edited:
sorry for u non greeks but i have to talk a bit greek to help Manuel I Komnen about some info.

δεν ξερω αμα το γνωριζεις αλλα κυκλοφορουν 3 τομοι απο τη εφημεριδα καθημερινη γυρω απο το 1ο και 2ο βαλκανικο πολεμο που ισως μπορεις να δημιουργησεις για να φτιαξεις δεκαδες γεγονοτα. σημερα κυκλοφορησε ο 2ος τομος και τη αλλη κυριακη το τελευταιο