• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor7

Private
47 Badges
Oct 9, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
Hi everyone.

I´m new to the forum, i´m having trouble to register my game so i can acesse the mod sub-forum.

I bought CK2 on steam and, when registering from the "register" link when i launch the game and
using my steam cd key, i still cant acess the sub-forum. When i put a wrong cd-key, the interface
tells me so (that is invalid), but when i use the correct one nothing happens.

Anyone with the same problem?

thanx!

You need to register your game here on the forums. Click on the "My Games" tab at the top, and enter the code that Steam gave you.

Go through "My Profile" at the top of the page and "My Games" to register it. Choose it in the drop down menu and place your key there.

I´m going directly from the game launcher, i put my cd-key and nothing happens.
Tried changing and browser and still nothing is happening

Also tried acessing from the my games tab at the forum and same thing

what i´m missing?

Thx for the help

Hi, Sorry you encountered a problem.
Registering your retailer (steam) code has nothing to do with us, what you need to register here is the forum code, it may be that you can get that from your retailers site.
And that can only be entered by using the my games tab.

Also tried acessing from the my games tab at the forum and same thing

what i´m missing?
What do you mean "nothing happens"? You enter the Steam "cd" code in the CK2 line in My Games, click on register, and ... what? An error?

I enter the Steam "cd" code in the CK line in My Games, click on register. Than the browser starts loading and i´m back to the same screen, without anything changing.
I´m back to the same place without any error message

Than i check my profile to see if it shows that i registered a new game, and nothing changes. I´m back to the same place without any error message
Than i try acessing the mod sub-forum, and still cant see the threads.

But, if i change a few letters on my Steam "cd" code on purpose, than an error message "invalid cd key" shows up. But, if i put the correct one, nil, nothing.
Kinda weird and a little frustating.

Thanx for the help anyway guys

What is the "forum code"? Where can i get it? I thought i only needed the cd-key for registering

Hi, Sorry you encountered a problem.
Registering your retailer (steam) code has nothing to do with us, what you need to register here is the forum code, it may be that you can get that from your retailers site.
And that can only be entered by using the my games tab.

What is the "forum code"? Where can i get it? I thought i only needed the cd-key for registering
In this case, you are right. In general anything called a "cd key" is to enter as you install the game so you can play it, but Paradox games aren't like that. The forum code that Steam give you, they call "cd key" because that's the only term their software knows about for any kind of code.

It seems clear you have the right code and are putting it in the right place, as what you've done ought to work. I can only assume there's something wrong with your account here, only Castellon can really fix that up for you.

Last edited:

In this case, they are one and the same.

You're entering the code you get from the CD key option, yes?

As per this screenshot (replace EU3 with CK2)

oYYt5.jpg

Hope that provides some clarity for everyone.

Castellon/Andrew: Would you like me to do up a Steam FAQ for CK2 like I did for EU3?

Sorry I did not mean to confuse the issue, I misunderstood, and thought you had a download code to register with steam to unlock the game for you there.
If you got the code from steam it should work. If it does not, then contact zendesk as per the FAQ that is stickied in this subforum.

pevergreen: yes, that is the exactly the code that i´m using.

Castellon: i contacted zendesk, now waiting for a answer. Did it yesterday, does it takes long for them to answer?

Thanx for the help guys!

i also tried registering the game by creating other accounts here at the forum and no luck as well.

Found out that i had an old account in other email, but that was way before i had bought CK2

Tried using different browsers, different ip´s, different security settings and still the same results..

Zendesk has not yet answered my ticket.... 2 days already
Do they usually take long?

regards

They can get busy, and it can take time to track down the problem, especially if it is something rare.

Now look what happened:

Tried to register another Pdox game i had purchased in steam, Sword of the Stars .. it worked! Show as registered in the "My Games" tab.

Now, when i try to register CK2 the same way.. still nothig happens (as described above)

What is going on?

Feel free to send a request on that ticket for an update.
I just double checked my last e-mail from them and nothing about setting you up.

Same problem for me as well. Weird thing is, it worked for me some days ago, but as of yesterday I can't access the sub forum anymore.

Edit: And I can't edit my profile anymore. Access denied for various sub-pages

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.