• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

No idea

Field Marshal
53 Badges
Jan 11, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
In my current game as France the number of plots is dismaying. Every year I have to pause the game and do a cliking feast in order to stop the 4 or 5 plots per year that plague my kingdom. I am not interested in 90% of them, so I almost always end them. But its a tiring process. I think there are too many plots. Especially killing ones. Just how many nobles died assesinated in medieval France???. Because if I´d let them follow their course 2 or 3 nobles would die assesinated every year. On top of that, and as I said, it´s really tiresome to cancel most of them. A button is needed to end all plots that can be ended. Just my 2 cents

Yeah but why are you ending most of them? Do you have any reason or do you just figure that because you can you should? I ignore most plots in my realm unless their effect would be clearly negative for my dynasty or strategy.

For the record I'm not saying that the idea for an "end all plots" button shouldn't be enabled, simply that I don't see myself ever using it and I'm wondering if maybe you're looking at the mechanic in perhaps not the best way.

N Katsyev: Well, for example, I have hard time imagining that my just character would just nod and walk on when he hears that someone is planning murder.

While I get your point I also can quite easily imagine the following scene:

King of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia: "'Tis a fine day in the realm is it not?"

Spymaster Boleslav: "Nay my lord for Koniga third daughter of the count of Memel is rumored to be planning the foul murder of Helga cousin of the baron of East Bumfuchs!"

King of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia: "Who? Wait... seriously? Do I pay you to report nonsense like this, really? What do I care?"

Yeah but why are you ending most of them? Do you have any reason or do you just figure that because you can you should? I ignore most plots in my realm unless their effect would be clearly negative for my dynasty or strategy.

For the record I'm not saying that the idea for an "end all plots" button shouldn't be enabled, simply that I don't see myself ever using it and I'm wondering if maybe you're looking at the mechanic in perhaps not the best way.

I think being stuck with a cruel,arbitrary,drunkard,homosexual ruler might make you see the OP's point MOST clearly. :)

I dont care at all if some random noble assassinates some other random noble. Let them have their fun :p

I generally view it as marginally a bad thing. More landholder deaths mean more chance of titles combining, so unless the target is someone I have my own reasons for wanting dead I generally just want to end kill plots.

I'd like an "end all plots" button. Maybe even a tick box by each plot and an "end marked plots" button.

If the victim of the plot isn't of your dynasty then it's safe to ignore it. Let other dynasties weaken themselves, it can only help yours. If the perpetrator isn't of your dynasty then you have the option of imprisoning them now or in the future - either to kill them, to stop them reproducing, or for some easy (ransom) money. Ending the plot is rarely the best option imo, unless the perpetrator and victim are both members of your dynasty.

Yeah, the amount of plots you getting in a normal kingdom can be a bit staggering. But I really don't end all of them. If someone wants to kill a duchess, so she and her husband, who rules another duchy don't spawn an overpowered "super duke", I'm fine with it.

Well, I am usually happy with the state of affairs (as I am usually a powerful lord) so I tend to avoid changes to that (like a vassal with possible inheritances in other duchedoms that gets too powerful assesinating primary heirs). Apart form that, having to figure out the why of every plot is too much for me, as there are around 10 or 15 plots a year.