+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many plots (an "end all plots" button is needed)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Too many plots (an "end all plots" button is needed)

In my current game as France the number of plots is dismaying. Every year I have to pause the game and do a cliking feast in order to stop the 4 or 5 plots per year that plague my kingdom. I am not interested in 90% of them, so I almost always end them. But its a tiring process. I think there are too many plots. Especially killing ones. Just how many nobles died assesinated in medieval France???. Because if Id let them follow their course 2 or 3 nobles would die assesinated every year. On top of that, and as I said, its really tiresome to cancel most of them. A button is needed to end all plots that can be ended. Just my 2 cents

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Yeah but why are you ending most of them? Do you have any reason or do you just figure that because you can you should? I ignore most plots in my realm unless their effect would be clearly negative for my dynasty or strategy.

For the record I'm not saying that the idea for an "end all plots" button shouldn't be enabled, simply that I don't see myself ever using it and I'm wondering if maybe you're looking at the mechanic in perhaps not the best way.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

N Katsyev: Well, for example, I have hard time imagining that my just character would just nod and walk on when he hears that someone is planning murder.

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

I dont care at all if some random noble assassinates some other random noble. Let them have their fun :P

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020Mount & Blade: Warband
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Baneslave View Post
    N Katsyev: Well, for example, I have hard time imagining that my just character would just nod and walk on when he hears that someone is planning murder.
    While I get your point I also can quite easily imagine the following scene:

King of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia: "'Tis a fine day in the realm is it not?"

Spymaster Boleslav: "Nay my lord for Koniga third daughter of the count of Memel is rumored to be planning the foul murder of Helga cousin of the baron of East Bumfuchs!"

King of Poland-Lithuania-Bohemia: "Who? Wait... seriously? Do I pay you to report nonsense like this, really? What do I care?"
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

Member of the OTFTRC - Off Topic Friends of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by N Katsyev View Post
    Yeah but why are you ending most of them? Do you have any reason or do you just figure that because you can you should? I ignore most plots in my realm unless their effect would be clearly negative for my dynasty or strategy.

For the record I'm not saying that the idea for an "end all plots" button shouldn't be enabled, simply that I don't see myself ever using it and I'm wondering if maybe you're looking at the mechanic in perhaps not the best way.
    I think being stuck with a cruel,arbitrary,drunkard,homosexual ruler might make you see the OP's point MOST clearly.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonHarry View Post
    I dont care at all if some random noble assassinates some other random noble. Let them have their fun :P
    I generally view it as marginally a bad thing. More landholder deaths mean more chance of titles combining, so unless the target is someone I have my own reasons for wanting dead I generally just want to end kill plots.

I'd like an "end all plots" button. Maybe even a tick box by each plot and an "end marked plots" button.

Star Swirl the Bearded Baneslave's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

And option to stop the plot straight away from the message box that informs about the plot.

If the victim of the plot isn't of your dynasty then it's safe to ignore it. Let other dynasties weaken themselves, it can only help yours. If the perpetrator isn't of your dynasty then you have the option of imprisoning them now or in the future - either to kill them, to stop them reproducing, or for some easy (ransom) money. Ending the plot is rarely the best option imo, unless the perpetrator and victim are both members of your dynasty.

Yeah, the amount of plots you getting in a normal kingdom can be a bit staggering. But I really don't end all of them. If someone wants to kill a duchess, so she and her husband, who rules another duchy don't spawn an overpowered "super duke", I'm fine with it.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by N Katsyev View Post

Well, I am usually happy with the state of affairs (as I am usually a powerful lord) so I tend to avoid changes to that (like a vassal with possible inheritances in other duchedoms that gets too powerful assesinating primary heirs). Apart form that, having to figure out the why of every plot is too much for me, as there are around 10 or 15 plots a year.

+ Reply to Thread