+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Graveyard of Empires" — Fridays, 20:00 AEST

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Graveyard of Empires" — Fridays, 20:00 AEST

A semi-competitive multiplayer game, open to players of all experience and ability.

GM: Myself, Taiisatai64
    Host: To be determined. If you can host well, please say so.
    Version: Divine Wind 5.2, LATEST Beta (currently 19th of March 16th of March Beta until the issues with the latest release are resolved
    Checksum: LFKX
    Game Time: 20:00 AEST to 00:00 AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time).

Game Settings:
    Difficulty: Normal
    AI Aggressiveness: Off
    Spread of Land and Sea Provinces: 75 years

We may be using Mumble for voice communication. In any case, we will also be using Steam chat as the main way to coordinate rehosts and conduct diplomacy, as well as generally converse outside the game. Please join the Steam group Terra Incognita United if you are going to participate in the game.

Roleplaying and writing AARs is encouraged, but not required. I have found that, in general, roleplaying, etc. makes the game more enjoyable for everyone and prolongs the lifespan of the game.

Rules:

1. Wartaxes are allowed.

2. Lucky nations will be turned off.

3. Disrespectful treating of other players is forbidden. Any disputes about in game situations are to resolved by the GM. Continual harassment of a player will lead to removal from the game.

4. It is a players duty to find a sub to fill in for his absence, the GM holds no responsibility to this.

5. Wrecking your own nation just because you lost is forbidden. So you cant release every possible vassal, or refuse to peace and go to ridiculous lengths to annoy your enemy.

6. No sale of provinces to nations who cant see said provinces, who cannot get to the province by discovered land or sea route or cant see the sellers capital.

7. A player can DOW another player's vassal IF { that vassal is not allied with its overlord AND the player has no truce with the overlord }

8. Bargains between players will NOT be enforced. If a player does not hold his side of a bargain he made, the sanction is to have other players know it and act in consequence. Deals made in peace will be enforced by the GM, unless deemed silly.

9. Going to war with another player just for the lulz is not allowed. Fake wars are allowed, but must be announced as fake.

10. A steam account is required to have for easy communication. It is free and easy to use.

11. Reason for the steam account is you must be a part of and inside the group chat. If you are not already part of the game, add me on steam and I will invite you.

12. War aims must be stated when declaring war. These aims can change and are not required to be the final peace terms straight up.
    Peace Rules:

Basically, there are no peace rules. Only karma. If you demand a lot, expect to give up a lot if ever defeated. If you continuously ask for little when you win a war, expect to have little to be asked of you if you lose a war.

For new players, it is advisable to work through diplomacy and ask for only a few provinces in peace deals until you get more experienced. You don't want to win a war, ask for a whole lot, then have a more experienced player come by and ruin your nation because he can demand a lot from you in return for you demanding a lot from another nation.

There are, however, rules on how you may peace out of wars:

1. Peacing a player trough an AI is prohibited. There is an exception to this rule based on the fact that the AI nation was a player in the last session which was unable to find a sub.

2. A surrender is a surrender, and is definitive. Once you invoke surrender, peace must be agreed to. You may not sit on his land refusing peace to drive up his WE and drive down his treasury, you must present your demands out ASAP. If the session ends after a surrender but before peace is worked out, get the peace deal finalized before the beginning of the next session. If the person who surrendered doesn't like the peace deal being offered by the attacker, he reserves the right to withdraw his surrender and continue fighting. Peace deals will be enforced by the GM and must be kept to. If a player is found to invoke surrender to give himself time to build back up when he has no intention of actually peacing, in the future players may continue to siege him whilst peace is agreed to.

3. Whenever there are two players in a war and one of them is the alliance leader, the alliance leader may not peace out with an enemy nation without the explicit permission of all the other player nations in the alliance. If this rule is not followed, the other player nations reserve the right to request that they be edited back into a state of war with the same strategical situation as when the alliance leader peace deal was made.

Rehosting:
    It is a players right to receive 2 rehosts per session. The procedure of rehosting is pretty familiar to you all ,of course, but I will sum it up just in case:
    1. Host saves the game and GM tells everyone to restart their game.
    2. Players rejoin the game
    3. GM makes a headcount, tells everyone to select nations and tells the host to load the save.
    4. Game starts again.

Please be alert in case of a rehost, no one wants a long dragging rehost, we want to have a fast routine evertime we need to rehost. Continual failure to co-operate in a fast rehost will cause us to leave without you. Our goal is to achieve a 5 minute deadline on rehosting. After your second drop, you will have to wait until the next rehost, if any come at all. In this time your nation will be AI'd. Keep stationary at steam so I can notify you fast when you will receive an rehost.

If anyone crashes during a game, or gets disconnected, that player must contact me on Steam to notify his condition and I will patch through when to receive a rehost. I am always available on Steam during the games and will instantly see if someone notifies me on Steam.

If a player is at war at his third drop, and notifies me of his return, we will rehost. As a GM, I retain the right to shorten the rightful rehosts to 1 later on in the game, or decide not to rehost a second time for a player, or to rehost a third time for a player. I also reserve the right to give a rehost at any given time.

I wish to note here, even if we get to 1820, the rehost rule is still in effect.
    The game will start on Friday the 23rd of March.

If you wish to join the game, post up the five nations of your choice in order. Major nations, such as England, Castille, France, etc. will be filled first, preferably by experienced players.

I will be playing the Ottoman Empire, to redeem myself after that abysmal failure in which I lost Greece and would have lost Istanbul to Austria if the game hadn't ended. Let us never speak of it again.
    Last edited by Taiisatai64; 23-03-2012 at 07:50.

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Player List:

1. Taiisatai64 - Ottomans
    2. Tazen - France
    3. King - Ming
    4. miotas - Japan
    5. Jords - Austria
    6. arcticpulse - Denmark (still playing?)
    7. Number One - Papal States (No show for two sessions, guess Killing Floor is more important?)
    8. Nan - Portugal
    9. KneeHi - Castille
    10. pevergreen - Muscowy
    11. varmulos - England
    12. rayzay - Teutonic Order (hasn't shown for 2 sessions)
    Last edited by Taiisatai64; 07-04-2012 at 11:37.

Victoria II: A House Divided

Burgundy
    France
    Venice
    Holland

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ming
    Milan
    Brandenburg
    Morocco
    France

I'd really love to play as Ming!

Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Japan
    England
    Austria

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    Crusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Delhi
    Austria
    Bohemia
    Timurids
    Castille

Judging by the number of sign ups, I don't think Asian nations are going to be a very realistic first choice guys

Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Might wanna rethink using the latest patch until you are reasonably sure there are no issues with it, the 19th patch has ledger issues.

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    Might wanna rethink using the latest patch until you are reasonably sure there are no issues with it, the 19th patch has ledger issues.
    Good point...

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Lets play with the beta patches, beta multiplayer!!

Quote Originally Posted by The-King View Post
    Lets play with the beta patches, beta multiplayer!!
    I see what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Do you?

I hope you guys have vacancies left, I'm interested in joining. I'll roll France/Austria/Teutonic Order/Sweden. It's my first MP game so I'll settle for weaker countries than in the list if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by arcticpulse View Post
    I hope you guys have vacancies left, I'm interested in joining. I'll roll France/Austria/Teutonic Order/Sweden. It's my first MP game so I'll settle for weaker countries than in the list if need be.
    We certainly do have vacancies Probably won't be playing tonight though, judging by the number of sign ups. We'll see.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Europe: The Papal State. Number One
    Europe: The Knights. Number Two
    Europe: The Teutonic Order. Number Three

Asia: Bengal. Number One
    Asia: Vijay. Number Two
    Asia: Korea. Number Three
    Last edited by Number One; 23-03-2012 at 07:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    The papal state
    I... no, I don't think so Anything else?

For the people who have already signed up, what are your thoughts on an Asian-nations-only game?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It would be interesting only issue with that is ming steam rolling all of us because we start out with 30 less provinces then ming assuming it can declare war.

Quote Originally Posted by Number One View Post
    It would be interesting only issue with that is ming steam rolling all of us because we start out with 30 less provinces then ming assuming it can declare war.
    The Ming faction system takes care of that. It also makes life utterly unbearable for the Ming player, but King has already volunteered!

But im sure king has some shifty underhanded schemes that he can use to circumvent the system

Oooh oooooh thanks for the mention

I will be playing the Ottoman Empire, to redeem myself after that abysmal failure in which I lost Greece and would have lost Istanbul to Austria if the game hadn't ended. Let us never speak of it again.
    If we are going to play asian nations i choose Bengal
    Last edited by Number One; 23-03-2012 at 07:32.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast