• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just bought it too, although I ordered a boxed copy from amazon. I was mulling it over for a few days, but last night I fired up the demo and fought a battle where half the ships were wrecked by being blown into a lee shore. That clinched the deal. :)

is it a new game???

is it a new game???
It was made 2009 (I think) so it is not "new". (There is newer version as I understand, made in 2012?, that is set at western part of the world >america< but that is a different story).

However since I just got it it is new for me to play.

And I like it so far.
Plus it cost me 5.99dol. (EIC Collection), more than a fair price for any kind of game.

I had at first 3 unsuccessfully attempt and failed miserably (each time changing home port, allthought other than location of any EI company seat there is no difference what country you play). And my fourth attempt with France Company going well finally so far. I got up to 1615 a.d. and managed to complet first set of missions, but I am not in a very good shape for continuation, since it does look like the next missions are much more demanding, but I saved a game so I will continue next time (I can play this game until CK2 Republics is out :) )

So far I resolve all of my battles automatically, I figure I have first to manage trade and tactic before I learn a skills for sea battlefields. So the game look like a double fun to me.