• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It would be nice if getting past a checkpoint didn't just instantly murder my elite... I've literally had a match where the heroes instagibbed my elites like 3 times by going past a checkpoint. And then, if they get to a checkpoint that pulls them to a next zone and it's red due to monsters because I'm keeping it blocked successfully, it will say "Oh, there's monsters here. Kill them." And then it will take them anyway.

As a DM I'd like to be able to remove structures I placed, sometimes I just put too many turrets/spawners/fans in one place making spot difficult to get through.

Also, it would be really great if I could create my own dungeons and use them with friends, so some map editor would be really really nice to get, eventually, but I know now there are still more important things to do.

Ah and since there is that lag/connection problem still, it would be good to be able to see what ping ppl have while in game, both heroes and DM.

Btw. I'd like to suggest few more monsters;
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?663016-More-monsters-suggestion

Last edited:
The warrior should be more tanky than the other two classes, but I feel like the difference between their health pools is a bit much. The DMG a shield can block should be lowered just slightly as well, imo. I think the DMG he can currently take before being knocked down whiel blocking is what it should be with the trait that makes his block stationary. When he isn't using that trait he should be able to guard less DMG.

I also noticed some checkpoint issues. I have had the PCs get to the last wall that will take them to the next stage, throw down some mobs before they reach it and they ignore them and zone anyway.

I'm sure you guys are aware of the lag, connection and FPS issues already, so no need to go into detail on that.

This may be related to my personal skill and not an actual design issue, but I noticed when I unlocked the most expensive boss, the elder dragon he wasn't any stronger than the Squid you get at default. If they are all meant to be side grades and not actually stronger than the default boss, then that is fine but it seems like 5,000 coins is a bit much if that is the case. Maybe adjust coin prices on the bosses? Not that it is hard to get coins if you want to farm them for the purpose of unlocking everything.

The only big issue I have, that I haven't seen posted and think you guys should be aware of is combining games. The very first DM I did online was bugged to hell and back. I waited for 3 PCs to join and we all started. When the game loaded we all had nearly pitch black screens for 3-5mins. You get just slightly see a silhouette of the cards, not enough to find them with the mouse though. After 3-5mins the blackness went away and to our surprise there was actually 6 PCs. I'm not sure if the 3 extra characters were actually PCs or bots because of the mess but there was 6 fighters below. We all said our "WTF"s in chat and then disconnected. Most of the other games have a player or myself lagging, on top of the frame skips. I assume it's all a server issue and that you guys are fixing it.

I would like to see in game a way to get rid of cards that I have no use for in some particular moment without wasting mana on actually using them. I mean while playing DM often I get for example 3 cards turning hero into sheep, not very useful when there are no monsters around to take advantage of it and it is expensive card with cost of (3) mana.

Something like, pick card you don't need atm, remove it and timer showing when next card will be received is now going down faster, removing card may have mana cost? of (1)mana, just food for thought.

Edited;
How about this, change some of the green/red "wall" checkpoints to kinda doors or gate, to open these you need to get to the switch (or two) placed somewhere else in the dungeon, progressing thru the dungeon won' be down to just slaughtering monsters.

Last edited:
Make possessed normal monsters not immune to freeze, pushback and stuns.

Sometimes player use freeze + backstab or "stun locks" to deal with trolls and imps but when the DM possesses a monster they become immune to that.

Add a small cooldown for possession. Something like 2 seconds or so. Right now there is nothing that prevents DM's to possess monsters like mages or dragons, teleport, hit once or two, die and repeat. Yeah they lose 5-10 evil points but they can egt that back by hitting the PC once.

I'm not sure about this one but increase how much evil points are lost when the possessed monster is killed while being possessed but don't apply this if the monster isn't possessed anymore.
For example, a monster being controlled by the DM is killed. -20 ~ -30 evil points
The DM notices the possessed monster is going to die so he cancels the posses and indeed the monster is killed: -5 ~ -10 evil points

About the mage perk to turn the awesome beam into a healing one. Does it heal by number or by percent? If it is by number I suggest to change it to %, if it is by percent, buff it slightly by 5% or maybe 10%. Right now even though I consider it a sidegrade of the default beam, being useful in certain situations and not so much in other where the invencibility would be better, it doesn't seems that it heals a lot. You need a full charge to heal less than 1/3 of someone's health.

Give the mage a way to tell how full recharged is his awesome beam.

Dodge should be used to avoid attacks and not as a "sprint button". I think a dodge should be a fast rush followed by a slow recovery. For example, you dodge, you go to a certain distance twice as fast than walking and then you stay there for one second.
Right now there is almost no recovery after a dodge and it can be spammed over and over. Not only that I find it stupid that you need a perk to take less damage while dodging. By default you should already take less damage (like -1/3) while dodging and then be able to buy a perk to increase its effectiveness.

An additional setting in DM mode to turn of the Spell announcement. (for harder game)

Add a random button (space or something) for the DM so the screen goes to the players.

The evade is kinda OP so make a small cooldown between each roll/jump like 1 sec

DM mode Problems and Ideas

Problem 1:
Fix Heal Spamming.
Once DM gets a small Hoard of Monsters, (about a group of 10), he can Possess a monster and use heal, then possess a different monster and use heal, then possess a different monster and use heal... to infinity.

If the DM can do this fast enough (which is not that hard) it makes monsters impossible to kill.

DM:

MAJOR IDEA: CREATE MORE MONSTER/SPELL CARDS!!!

Idea 1:
Create more varieties of monsters and make them viable...
Fighting the same 3 monsters all game gets a bit boring, Especially since every single goddamned DM I see uses Dire Duck and Bees! There is hardly any reason for a DM to use Wizards or Skeleton Archers over using when they can get a Dire Duck and bees.

Idea 2:
Allow the DM to choose the Map style/tiles they can use, seeing the same Dungeonland tiles are boring.. Let us pick from diffferent themed tile skins...
For example, map that has a graveyard theme to it with tombstones, coffins, cobwebs, and etc litered across the map. Another example, a "Candyland" type of map where everything is made out of candy, like the ground is made of crackers and the roofs of buildings are made out of ice cream with cherry on top, and etc...

Idea 3: (goes with idea 2)
Create "Theme" monsters/spell cards and reward the DM for using the cards that adhere to the theme. For eg. using skeletal warriors, skeletal archers, zombies, and etc. type of monsters in a graveyard themed map... Or using candy soldiers in a candy themed map.

Idea 4:
Create different tiers of monsters to choose from... (Which is only viable if there are more varieties of monsters to choose from). Fighting the same 3 types of monsters throughout the map is boring. (Especially knowing that I am goign to see those monsters I have seen in stage 1 again and again throughout the whole game). For example, at Stage 1 allow the DM to use only skeleton archers and warriors.. Then at stage 2, DM is allowed to summon vampires and ghosts. At stage 3, DM is allowed to summon Skeletal Dragons, Black Knights... and etc. All the while giving a small chance for the DM to use tier 2 monsters at tier 1 stage and etc.

Idea 5:
Create more varieties of heroes then just warriors/rogues/mages.

Balance issues: (on hard difficulty)

The Beerholder and Minocow need buffs, I do not think that competent players lose against these bosses ever. I haven't played them so I'm not sure exactly what they need. But I would say that two main things need to be considered, their ability to inflict damage, and their ability to interrupt player resurrection. They do not seem to have the ability to hurt players who are avoiding them, such as a rogue or mage who is playing it at a safe distance. They have a massive dead zone at range where none of their abilities are remotely accurate and they cannot force players out of the dead zone for any extended period of time. As for player resurrection, they cannot stop an invulnerable resurrection, they cannot move a player affected by the ray of awesome. Since they lack that ability, it is nearly impossible for them to keep a good group of players dead.

The Elder Dragon could use some buffs as well. For starters, the ranged attack needs to refocus the camera so you can follow players outside of your normal camera range. Melee attacks could use a buff, perhaps a range buff on the jumping slam attack.

I believe the lumber tree is the only boss that enjoys having minions not drop helpful items to the heroes. Why should the other heroes get food items or life ups on fights other than this one? I can't think of a good reason. Why should life ups drop during boss fights at all? There doesn't seem to be a good reason. It hinders bosses like the hippo who's consistent damage is rather poor.

Wizards: The weakest creature that a DM can employ. As a possessed creature, their animation time for an attack is absurdly long and their stun isn't long enough to even guarantee a hit from point blank range. As a typical monster, they are one of the easiest creatures in the game to backstab as a rogue, they die quickly to aoe damage, and they do poor damage when they actually reach an opponent. Their one redeeming factor is that they have a stun, otherwise there would be absolutely no reason to use them, this lowers their value to a support role. Suggested changes: Reduce animation time while possessed for their attack. Increase the range of the stun while possessed. Increase stun duration while possessed. Increase their combat value as a typical monster.

Orc Berserker: Their enrage ability is both their strength and their weakness. When the party of heroes has the tools to deal with orc berserkers, (damage output, usually from range) orc berserkers can find themselves stunlocked from their own rage, even the elite version. When the party of heroes lacks the tools, (insuffiecent damage output) they can use their absurd attack speed to clobber slow party members such as the warrior or mage, especially when it is an elite and/or possessed. Please place a cooldown on the enrage effect, increase the health amount that triggers enrage on non elite versions or change the mechanic behind enraging, lower the bonus attack speed and movement speed gained from it, and allow a possessed one to choose when to enrage. That should balance out the possible scenarios a bit.

Fat Phoenix: It is incredibly hard to hit anyone with it's attack, as it goes at a set speed, in a set direction, to a set location. Please allow players to end their movement at any time during the movement animation to attack the position the phoenix is currently hovering over. You might also consider giving them another ability while fattened up.

Spider: Do not allow the spider to stun an invulnerable player, excluding evasive maneuver's invulnerability if you decide to keep that aspect of it. I can stun a player who just recently revived, while they either can't move, or haven't reacted to their revival yet, and kill them off again.

Monster circle generates 8 minions regardless of what type of minion you are summoning. It should vary between minions. For ducks, 4 big ducks and 4 small ducks. For small minions like wizards, double the amount of wizards, perhaps adding layers of the circle instead of forcing all minions in the same circle.

The evasive maneuvers perk is simply absurd. Please nerf some aspect about it. Perhaps lowering the damage reduction or reducing the amount of rolls they can do before getting exhausted to two or three while they have the perk.

Improve consistency of the warrior's shield strength between difficulties. I don't know what the numbers should be, but warriors in normal and easy are nearly indestructible with their shield and become outclassed by the other classes in hard, (DM mode) harder and impossible. (I assume, I haven't really played those difficulties as or with a warrior)

Normalize shield break damage. When breaking a warrior's shield, they take the amount of damage the attack would have dealt, (as far as I can tell) regardless of how much damage it took to break their shield. Please normalize the damage to around 25% of their max hp (changed by damage modifiers, such as the difficulty setting and the curse trap) so a DM wont be punished for not using a strong attack as a final blow to break the shield, and that warriors will experience consistency in their shield break damage.

The healing supplies potion provides too much healing per potion use. As a comparison, the mage has two healing spells, one that heals half way and rezs, and another that another that heals to full I believe and also grants invulnerability for a few seconds, and the rogue has the bomb which heals to full, whereas the healing supplies grants 6 flasks which heal a large portion of life. (~70% as far as I can tell, may as well be a 100% heal) Please reduce the potion count to 5.

Last edited: