+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Knud Knýtling II: First as Tragedy, Then as Farce

Honourable Saxon Thegn AlexanderPrimus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Rome

Congratulations, phargle!

It gives me great pleasure to pass on this week's WritAAR of the Week award to you for your outstanding accomplishments in AARland. This great AAR has only just begun, but it's every bit as terrific as its predecessor.

Head on over and take a bow!

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Well done Phargle! And, congratulations on your most recent AARland award!!!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

So awesome AAR! I can't stop laughing . And congratulations, btw .
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

This... this... this may be the greatest thing ever. EVER! I never played CK because I only got CK with CK II, and the original just seems so... bland compared to the new one.

Regardless, I am subbed.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

It is aliiiive! Subscribed, as if it needed mentioning.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

It's like a nerd's wet dream come true: Phargle and Prince Knud are back. It's both entertaining and intriguing to watch how Knud fares in this brave new world. By the way, Knud Knýtling I inspired me to adopt the Knýtlings family in a text-rp of sorts where they frolic freely.

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Knud! Stands alooone, in Smĺland! Knud! Stands alooone....

The Muddling Adventures of Prince Knud

Begun March 17th, 2012
    Six years and eleven days after the original began

The previous story. . .

(the quality is low because there's a lot of them. pictures that is. the low quality of the words is all my fault though.)

1075 - 1077

The king agrees that my daughter should inherit my lands.

It's not "giving me free duchies" awesome, but it's way better than "ending my wars prematurely for no reason" awesome.

There's the king I know and love.

I'm not going to lie. That's still pretty hot.

My daughter needs a lesson in charity. I tell her it's simple, really.

Charity is when people give their money to the church, and we intercept it and spend it on whatever we want.

Q.E.D.

My newborn daughter is named "Cecilie," which is a venerable Danish name meaning "sixth daughter."

I have three children, so I can only assume that my wife is a moron.

Or she surreptitiously gave birth to three other children when I wasn't looking.

Maybe I'm the moron.

Using the charity Anders intercepted, we build a stone wall around the wood wall around Viborg.

This means I get to cross "big bag wolves" off the list of "things that can threaten Viborg."

The pigs are safe.

Huh.

I'd exclaim that laziness pays off again, but the king is really starting to freak me out.

Behold Näsborg, my newest castle. It gives me no soldiers, no gold, and hasn't even got any walls around it.

I'm not looking forward to the amount of work it'll take to turn Smĺland Danish, so I'm thinking I won't bother.

Laziness pays off again!

How much longer can Knud put up with the king's generosity? Will his daughter learn charity? Who will raise Ragnhild? Does God exist? And what will become of Skjalm, Knud's mortal enemy? All this and more will actually, for reals this time, be revealed, when the adventures of Knud Knýtling continue!

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    What the hell is wrong with this King. I can only imagine poor Knud is paralyzed with confusion and flashes of a past life haunting him.

If this was Valdemar, you'd probably rule half the North already!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

this is becoming quite the treatise in support of laziness ... & innumeracy

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    this is becoming quite the treatise in support of laziness ... & innumeracy
    Oh man, it's Middle Ages out there. You would want nobles to be able to count or actually DO things?
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

Will mod for food.

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Man, I wish my laziness would pay off as much as Knud's does...

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Knud is back! Genius! Definitely subscribed.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"civilized peasants"?! biggest Paradox ever - if you know what I mean...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 0Emmanuel View Post
    Man, I wish my laziness would pay off as much as Knud's does...
    Tell me about it.

Great happiness from me to phargle for making another Knytling drama!
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Maybe an update coming on later today. I've played a bit ahead, so I forced myself to play some Baltic pagans for a bit so I have another game going, at least 'til I catch up with the AAR.

Saithis, my experience with kings in CK1 was almost uniformly negative. The few times a king helped me, it was like a little miracle. I do miss Valdemar, and am tempted to name the first bastard that pops up after him. CK2 makes bastards a bit rarer, it seems... the camp follower event that prompted Valdemar and all the Torbens is just gone. As for Skjam, he is a problem that will solve itself, as you shall soon see.

loki100, "laziness and innumeracy" are as good a battle-cry as any. If Knud ever goes to war, maybe he'll use it.

Althacor, Knud neither counts not does things, but the king does. It's a topsy-turvy world. I hope you stop laughing long enough to ... take a breath so you can start laughing again.

0Emmanuel, maybe it's the combination of "ugh so lazy!" and "my dad's the king of denmark" that works for Knud. I recommend that you find a king of Denmark and get adopted by him.

Legolas, thanks for subscribing! I hope you like it.

vasziljevics, oh, I know what you mean.

Nikolai, thanks for reading! I hope this one lives up to y'all's expectations.

Tommy4ever, you and me both, brother. You and me and Knud both. Throth.

Waringham, if there's one thing I've wanted to be, it's a nerd's wet dream. One more item checked off the old bucket list... plus, I am glad you adopted the Knýtlings -- I do so enjoy it when I see them pop up in random places.

Alexey Romanov, of course it needs mentioning! It needs to be shouted from the hills!

Avindian, welcome aboard. The original CK1 was not so bland -- it does a few things better than CK2, but yeah, overall it's not as good. Plus, the original Knud saga, which is many times better than this, was in CK1. You might like it too!

Fookison, thank you, and thank you!

AlexanderPrimus, thank you. I'm looking forward to passing it on. And congratulations to you for having the award previously.

Onward! At some point today!

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries

Knud's mortal enemies. Yep, they're mortal all right.

Begun March 17th, 2012
    Six years and eleven days after the original began

The previous story. . .

(the quality is low because there's a lot of them. pictures that is. the low quality of the words is all my fault though.)

1077 - 1078

Skjalm Hvide. My mortal enemy.

Yeah, he's my vassal and I need him to like me, but the only way to do that is to entrust him with my children.

And I'm a bit nervous about entrusting him with my children.

He's also a colossal pervert, which really should take him out of the running for foster parent of the year.

But I need him to like me. . .

Excellent.

I hope sending Ragnhild to the woman who wanted to kill Ragnhild's sister won't come back to haunt me.

After the stunt that I just pulled with her sister, this is a pretty sensible question.

God exists, all right, and sometimes he really, really hates you.

It's nice to know that, in my own small way, I'm still sending all my problems to church.

Who the heck is Gunnar, and why is he count of Fyn?

What happened to Skjalm, my mortal enemy?

Died of that horrible wound that I hoped would kill him?

Laziness pays off again!

. . . and that's oddly convenient.

I guess "my husband died" is contagious.

And fatal.

I still need the count of Fyn to like me whether he's my mortal enemy, a nine-year-old boy, or both.

Except now my cousin is in his court. She can raise Ragnhild while I get all the credit.

Knud Knýtling, you're a genius.

Well, that's fostering of children out of the way. What's next for Knud? What will happen to Anders of Randers? How will Knud continue to raise Ellinor? Can Knud maintain his status as the future king of Denmark by doing nothing by going on hunts, waiting for his enemies to die, and knocking up his wife? You won't believe what you see when we return to the over-the-top shenanigans of Denmark's first family as the adventures of Knud Knýtling continue!

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Nooooo Skjalm! How could you kill him with your laziness, you cruel cruel man!

So far Knud and his epic moustache haven't had to lift a finger for all this success. All I can think is that he's being lured into a false sense of security before the game decides to play rough.
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

even better Skjalm didn't like you because you were slothfull ... well you showed him the true benefits of doing nothing

I'm now wondering how far Knud can actually go without doing anything ...

Europa Universalis 3

Shuttling back and forth between work and that someone special...
    This AAR is so far beneath the CK1 version, that it is painful to relive the same old jokes. I mean, how often can the Knytlings proclaim themselves geniuses and send all their problems to the church...when it is patently obvious that the church won't take them, and daddy Denmark takes care of Knud's every whim?

At least we see that God loves Knud...although Knud doesn't like God...

The Last Mission A Love Story

There is no way to peace along the way of safety. For peace must be dared, it is itself the great venture and can never be safe. Peace is the opposite of security. To demand guarantees is to want to protect oneself. Peace means giving oneself completely to God's commandment, wanting no security, but in faith and obedience laying the destiny of the nations in the hand of almighty God, not trying to direct it for selfish purposes. Battles are won, not with weapons, but with God. They are won when the way leads to the cross.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast