• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(344678)

Second Lieutenant
7 Badges
Jul 10, 2011
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Well I was playing the US. Was waiting to enter the war. What i was hoping since the beginning of the game was that the German's would win vs the Soviets and then it'll be USA vs. Germany in a epic struggle. But what happened? Germany got stopped 2 provinces inside the Soviet Union and its just a matter or time before the Soviets will push them back completely.. I'm pretty sad of the result. Is there any way to give the Germans some kind of "boost" that would help them win the war or at least be as successful as in real life?
Playing FTM btw!

Thanks

Well I was playing the US. Was waiting to enter the war. What i was hoping since the beginning of the game was that the German's would win vs the Soviets and then it'll be USA vs. Germany in a epic struggle. But what happened? Germany got stopped 2 provinces inside the Soviet Union and its just a matter or time before the Soviets will push them back completely.. I'm pretty sad of the result. Is there any way to give the Germans some kind of "boost" that would help them win the war or at least be as successful as in real life?
Playing FTM btw!

Thanks

sell them as many rares and metal as they can buy in the lead up to war? only thing i can think of, otherwise DOW teh sov union after tehy beat the GER

edit the save game, back up your save before you do this. Open up your save game, search for the tag "GER=" There will be several but the one with a bunch of techs and such listed not far after the tag is the one you want. Then search for "manpower=". Give German like 2000 manpower. That should be enough for them to steamroll the USSR.

Its sunday,very early in the morning(9 a.m.) and I waked up after playing HOI III until 3.00.
So my eyes are not tuned jet but is it me or is this debate about how USA could help Germany to win the war?:mellow:

There is a way to have Germany have better performance. They need to have their CORES restored and the invasion of Poland should be a Limited War to restore CORES. And I don't mean the piddly cores Germany currently gets, I mean all their CORE provinces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_changes_of_Germany

So, places like North Schleswig, Luxemburg, Alasce-Lorraine, Upper Silesia, Lower Silesia, Suwalki, Wartherland. Pretty much most of Poland except for the General Government section which included Krakow and Warsaw. So instead of getting very little, Germany will actually gain some industrial production. Also, Ostrava should have gone straight to Germany after the Annexation of the Czech Republic but currently it just gets handed to Poland and nada.

So, yeah, I'd petition for PI to fix the borders and give Germany its cores on territories that had large minorities of Germans living in them or that belonged to Germany pre-WWI. That's really the only way to have Germany stand up to the USSR.

Its sunday,very early in the morning(9 a.m.) and I waked up after playing HOI III until 3.00.
So my eyes are not tuned jet but is it me or is this debate about how USA could help Germany to win the war?:mellow:
Well, how it can help Germany win the war against the USSR so that it can have a real fight with Germany, instead of Germany rolling over and playing dead against the USSR in 1941. LOL

There is a way to have Germany have better performance. They need to have their CORES restored and the invasion of Poland should be a Limited War to restore CORES. And I don't mean the piddly cores Germany currently gets, I mean all their CORE provinces.

So, places like North Schleswig, Luxemburg, Alsasce-Lorraine, Upper Silesia, Lower Silesia, Suwalki, Wartherland. Pretty much most of Poland except for the General Government section which included Krakow and Warsaw. So instead of getting very little, Germany will actually gain some industrial production. Also, Ostrava should have gone straight to Germany after the Annexation of the Czech Republic but currently it just gets handed to Poland and nada.

So, yeah, I'd petition for PI to fix the borders and give Germany its cores on territories that had large minorities of Germans living in them or that belonged to Germany pre-WWI. That's really the only way to have Germany stand up to the USSR.

I always argued for Germany,after conquer, should have cores in western Poland,Alsace Loraine,and Part of Slovenia(historicaly some 8 million of Germans or partly german ancestry(Wolksdeutche) people lived in those areas before ww2 and were mobilised fully after Germany got control over those regions...this additional manpower is one of the reasons Germany managed to replenish terrible losses in USSR in first half of the war.

But reason is not"historical" but German AI looses to many(unhistoricaly many time more)manpower in battle of France!!!!!!!!!Historical blitz in the West only scratched German manpower.
In game battle in the West goes for months and costs Germany enormus manpower.
So Germany is deprived of manpower for Barbarrosa .

Last edited:
I always argued for Germany should have cores in western Poland,Alsace Loraine,and Part of Slovenia(historicaly some 8 million of Germans or partly german ancestry(Wolksdeutche) people lived in those areas before ww2 and were mobilised fully after Germany got control over those regions...this additional manpower is one of the reasons Germany appeared larger in ww2 than it was,and managed for example to replenish terrible losses in USSR.

But reason is not"historical" but German AI looses to many(unhistoricaly many time more)manpower in battle of France!!!!!!!!!Historical blitz in the West only scratched German manpower.
In game battle in the West goes for months and costs Germany enormus manpower.
So Germany its deprived of manpower for Barbarrosa .
Yup, you just give Germany CORES on Lodz, Chestochowa, Wielun, Luxemburg, Strassbourg and Metz and you've got 5.9 more MP, which would help Germany enormously, add Ostrava to that and the IC from all these provinces and all of a sudden Germany might be worthy of a fight.

BTW, to the OP. The other option is to make yourself use diplomacy to get closer to the Axis. It will have two effects. One, the UK won't be getting your "strategic resources" and if you get close enough to Germany, it actually might get your "strategic resources."

Either way though, Germany will still be a flea compared to the US with the current supreme US IC production. You also need to help Japan take over Nationalist China, so that you might actually have sort of a "challenge." But as I've posted in another thread the US is not really a playable nation. It is horrifically OP. And yes I realize we had huge production but with the current set-up, we literally will fly to the moon unless you set up some House Rules for playing the US, like no building of more ICs than 10 IC per year. And everytime the Lend Lease events come up, you have to give up whatever the other party got.

SonofWinter is right about adding some cores (if a reasonable amount) will help Germany. I add metz, strass and lux via event myself, plus some empty provs to connect them. What can also help is giving Germany better allies. If you want a challenge, tag Hungary and Italy and have them take yugo very early, like 36/37. Ideally Hungary gets the lion's share. Have Romania take Bulgaria and maybe Greece very early too. This way those nations actually provide more punch in the invasion of Russia some 5 odd years later. A little tag switching and no neutrality commands do the trick, and none of those wars seem to mess anything up. Just make sure to do it before they're in the axis or use limited war.

Edit: oh and don't connect the axis to the UK via land whatever you do. IE don't involve Turkey, else the axis will funnel a billion guys into Egypt and the invasion of Russia could get messed up. As a side note though I could swear I've seen Germany teleport units to the eastern front as they declare on Russia, when ai run of course.

This is not directed at people in this thread, but what is being discussed is almost comical. Back in the bad old days of HOI 1.4 and running through numerous patches of Semper Fi, the designers saw fit to nerf German manpower. In a display of even greater wisdom Soviet manpower was simultaneously increased. This was to appease those that were "unhappy" with Germany consistently plowing over the SU. To even a casual observer the result was inevitable: Germany gets stomped EVERY time. The best performance I have seen it achieve is to get to within striking distance of Smolensk. This is on a good day.

ArmChairAttila's advice is the best option, though 2000-MP might be over kill! Even 700-800MP should work. With 2000 YOU will get stomped if you dare set foot on the continent!!!

edit the save game, back up your save before you do this. Open up your save game, search for the tag "GER=" There will be several but the one with a bunch of techs and such listed not far after the tag is the one you want. Then search for "manpower=". Give German like 2000 manpower. That should be enough for them to steamroll the USSR.

If operation Barborossa already started would it change something?

I only want the game to be a bit more historical. If op.Barbarossa started earlier in real life, they would of won the war so i just want to have that small possibility!
Btw, how do you add cores on a country?
I'll probably try giving Germany stronger Allies!

Change one of your events. And add these CORES to Germany's MR pact.
add_core = 1685
add_core = 1746
add_core = 1806
add_core = 2036
add_core = 3150
add_core = 2947
add_core = 3083
add_core = 3015
add_core = 2814
add_core = 2815
add_core = 2881
add_core = 2750
add_core = 2684
add_core = 2683
add_core = 2552
add_core = 2618
add_core = 2749
add_core = 2429
add_core = 2566
add_core = 2567
add_core = 2505
add_core = 2386
add_core = 1630
add_core = 2271
add_core = 2328
add_core = 2504
add_core = 2444
add_core = 2269
add_core = 2213
add_core = 2154
add_core = 2096
add_core = 2040
add_core = 2155
add_core = 2214
add_core = 2156
add_core = 1867
add_core = 1807
add_core = 1926
add_core = 1927
add_core = 1982
add_core = 1808
add_core = 1868
add_core = 2041
add_core = 2097
add_core = 2038
add_core = 2039
add_core = 1981
add_core = 2631

This should give Germany the Wartherland (sp?) area that historically didn't give them any problems and Suwalki.

Playing FTM btw!

Thanks

Check if a half of German army is in Norway and out of supply.

Here's a low-tech solution that won't require changing any game files. Save your game. Then load it as the Soviets. Disband the entire Soviet army. Also cancel anything the Russians are building and cancel all the tech they are working. Save, and the load as the Americans. A.I. Germany will conquer the Soviets and you can then have your epic struggle.

Note when you return to the Americans, a lot of units will be moved by the A.I., and your Theatre headquarters will be on autoplay, so you'll have to turn those off and undo the moves.

not really, besides, why fight the NAZIs when you can fight the bear?

not really, besides, why fight the NAZIs when you can fight the bear?
The Wolf was hungry and angry enough to kill the Lion and the Bear. And without the Eagle's help, both would have succumbed to the Wolf.

What is currently playing out is that the English and the Russians can smash the Germans and it wouldn't have been likely without the assistance of the US.

i created two small triggerable events (from wiki hehe) one of them is to give Germany 2000 MP, and the other one is to reduce the build time by x days ( dont remember how many ). So i loaded up as Germany, triggered both events and reloaded as USA. I checked back a week later, they now have 1300 brigades and started going into the SOV :)

Why fight the Nazis ? Well because i feel like it, I already beat the Soviets in past games but never the Germans!

So, places like North Schleswig, Luxemburg, Alasce-Lorraine, Upper Silesia, Lower Silesia, Suwalki, Wartherland. Pretty much most of Poland except for the General Government section which included Krakow and Warsaw. So instead of getting very little, Germany will actually gain some industrial production. Also, Ostrava should have gone straight to Germany after the Annexation of the Czech Republic but currently it just gets handed to Poland and nada.

Alasce-Lorraine are as much German as California is Mexican!!!!!

Or, if we agree on your proposition, then a good part of Burgundy proper + Franche Comte shall also be add (As Himmler wanted that for his SS).

You are confusing btw population speaking dialects linked to old german, population with german culture, and german population! While Alasce-Lorraine do have population with german culture, most of the population were/are NOT german (the german population moved back after 1648 ... long ago it is not). While half of franche Comte dialectes are originating from germany; the population there is of french culture (since 1648 and La Couzon).

No reasons to adapt the map, but to deeply hurt a lot of people; none of the French provinces you named (and those I added ) were core province of Germany (But yes were part of HRE, as all provinces East of Rhone River ... 500 years ago).