• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There's not much you can do to help Germany as Japan, except join Barbarossa. And fighting the Soviets isn't in Japan's best interest in '41. That's the most frustrating thing playing as Japan; watching the Axis collapse in Europe and knowing you are on your own.

Well, you could annex the UK for them while they take out the Soviets. I mean, you got India already at this point (hopefully), so why not finish off the Allies. Doesn't that at least buy the AI some respite from bombing and whatnot?

There's not much you can do to help Germany as Japan, except join Barbarossa. And fighting the Soviets isn't in Japan's best interest in '41. That's the most frustrating thing playing as Japan; watching the Axis collapse in Europe and knowing you are on your own.

1. Annexation of UK is possibility.
2. Rockets/Nuclear is option.
3. You can attack SU through Turkey and Persia, and AI will be forced to divert extra forces, weakening front against Germany. Now spoils will be useless, but that is another story.
4. You can take out USA (theoretically), or at least force it to keep huge armies in homeland. Our Japan pulled it off even in MP game, landing 20 divisions on undefended coast, throwing enemies into panic mode. Oh yes, and he got Panam too :D
5. Play Italy or other Axis, if as Japan you feel useless.

Overall Japan human in fact is reall asset, if Germany succeeds in France. Happens rare, but if they lose, you do have really tough times ahead.

Not necessarily. Germany collapses for lack of manpower, something you can alleviate by sending an army overseas to fortify their line. Your decent manpower gains after the fall of China should keep that army on its feet. You can do this and still invade Siberia, as the Far East only allows for so many units to fight at any one time, so you don't need that many troops there anyway. This way, you keep the German front static, while the Far East font gets pushed westwards steadily. Eventually, the production, manpower and leadership of the USSR is overwhelmed.

out of curiousity, does anyone actually use Panzer Divisions? I find using Infantry Divisions with Brigade Attachments work much better.... but that was my trick from HoI the original lol... i take it a bunch of people do that now, unless... are Panzer and PzGr Divs actually worth a crap now?

out of curiousity, does anyone actually use Panzer Divisions? I find using Infantry Divisions with Brigade Attachments work much better.... but that was my trick from HoI the original lol... i take it a bunch of people do that now, unless... are Panzer and PzGr Divs actually worth a crap now?

yes, as they move faster, but if you have all the techs relating to ARM and all the techs relating to MECH at the same level mech is nearly always better (at least on the attack), this of course depends on unlimited resources and IC. Mech does take ages to unlock though so ARM is the branch i normally use.

yes, as they move faster, but if you have all the techs relating to ARM and all the techs relating to MECH at the same level mech is nearly always better (at least on the attack), this of course depends on unlimited resources and IC. Mech does take ages to unlock though so ARM is the branch i normally use.

thanks for the advice mate ;) i just don't have much time to play most of the time, my son likes to play his games on the desktop so 'ol dad gets sent to the netbook to watch youtube... this thing is so slow i don't think i could even start the game on it lol...

Their r several reasons why france fell so fast. 1st they were in a state of civl war. France was split into 3 factions. Loyalist, nationilst and communist.. The french units in the nationilst camp refused to fight germany as they wanted to ally with them. When the nationlist retreated to avoid fighting the germans the communist units followed them to fight against them instead of the german army. That left the loyal units cut off and surrounded. France had the biggest and most powerful army in the world. They had far better tanks than Germany and out numbered the german tanks 30 to 1. But the french commanders refused to allow the tanks to be used if there was any inf in the battle. They were only to be used tank on tank and were not allowed to support the inf. So the french tanks never got into action. The BEF were under french army control and were ordered to remove their tanks from the front line and not to engage german tanks if their was inf with them. That hampered the BEF as all the brit inf divs had tanks for support. Its why they were called inf tanks not heavy tanks. The BEF also had the only arm div in the world in 1940. It was made up of light tanks, med tanks and mech inf in support. The french refused to allow them to act as a div. But it was that div that held up the germans long enough to allow dunquirk to happen. If the french nazi troops had not of refused to fight germany would not of broken through and surrounded the other units. Several german commanders stated the french retreated faster than they were able to advance. But they also stated that they could not beat the BEF as their combined arms tactics destroyed a lot of german units. Germnay is far overated in the game. The brits had the same amount of fighters as the germans in 39 and the same amount of tanks. The bef and the french were fully moterised while the germans where using horses to bring up supplies and most support weapons were also horse drawn as they didnt have enough trucks to go round. 1 thing the game has not taken into account is the fact that most of the british army were made up of commonwaelth troops not british. IE south africa, Australia and New zealand put most of their units under brit army control. During the n.africa campaing only 1 unit in 4 was british the rest were commonwealth units. But in HOI3 the commonwaelth countries r not in the allies till u can get them to join. Also Britain postponed all elections for the duration of the war and put in a coalition govt under churchill. Again thats not in the game. Iveplayed uk loads of times and so far ive never had churchill as prime minister. I cant even give him his historical job as 1st sealord which is cheif of the navy in the game. Germany didnt have any arm divs till after the fall of france. During the polish campign 80% of their tanks were panzer I. They only had a light machine gun. The rest were panzer II with twin heavy machine guns. During the battle for france 80% were panzer II and the rest were panzer I. The panzer III didnt appear on the battlefield till the N. Africa campaign. Even the panzer III was inferior to the brit tanks. IE 10 matilda mk 2,s took out 200 german tanks and 400 italion tanks before they broke down. 1 brigade of inf and 10 tanks held up the axis advance of 2 million axis troops and 1000 tanks for 3 months. The brits only retreated cause they ran out of supplies. Rommel never won a battle in N.Africa by fighting. He won due to lack of supplies getting to the brit units. The brits however did start to have problems beating rommel when they got amercican tanks. Yes they were more relable but they lacked armour and firepower. The brits modified as many shermans as they could by adding armour and taking out the yank guns and replaced them with brit guns and renamed them firefly. The firefly could take out a tiger tank while the sherman couldnt. The germans had no tanks that could match the brit tanks at anytime during the war. But the brits could not build them fast enough so had to rely on american tanks. Even the french tanks of 39 were far suppior to the konig tiger. The polish tanks were suppior to the german tanks. It was the stukas that destroyed the polish armour as the german tanks had no effect on the polish tanks. It was the stukas that won the battle of france not the ground troops.

The BEF also had the only arm div in the world in 1940. It was made up of light tanks, med tanks and mech inf in support. The french refused to allow them to act as a div. But it was that div that held up the germans long enough to allow dunquirk to happen....

Germnay is far overated in the game.
I just couldn't continue. What allowed Dunkirk to happen was that Hitler got convinced by Goering that he could sink the RN, attempting the evacuation of the BEF, with the Lufftwaffe and the German army was given strict orders not to follow into Dunkirk. But please continue to educate us on your 'version of history.'

Hitler wasn't always that sane either, so he might have thought, if we let those thousands of men get evacuated maybe the english will surrender, altough they probaly should've done it otherwise, surrender or lose all your men at Dunkirk..

I never said Hitler was sane. :) Just saying, it wasn't some BEF armored division that prevented the Germans from taking Dunkirk, like out little ultra-jingoistic friend from England believes. :D