Yes, I'm also throwing my opinion into the pot cause I want to tell these devs a couple of things.
I'm usually playing mount & blade warband - crpg. I suppose you've heard of it and know what it is. Actually it's one of the best mods warband has, although it's quite unbalance in some points. And as many other players I'm really looking forward to this game. But if you want many players and especially those who already play similar games, you have to give them something much better than for example crpg, otherwise they'll just stick to what they have.
I'm just going to write down what I would love to see/ not to see in WotR:
- Less awkward movements than in m&b. Blocking looks crappy and unrealistic in m&b and especially the stab animation with 1h/2h swords...noone would ever stab like that. A stab comes from below (around the hip) and aims usually for the stomach, not for the face. Please give us something better and more realistc
- Please no stupid spin-around moves. Don't know if you know it, in m&b people can turn around 360° (while their polearm is in the ground o.O ) and then stab someone as if they were running at full speed --> crap
- No stab and then pull it into the enemy. Works also in m&b: People stab and when the stab animation should actually be over they pull the sword/polearm from the side into their enemy, dealing the full pierce damage the stab would do --> crap
- No jumpslashing or jumpshooting. Many people are really annoyed that it still works in m&b, even in crpg. People in a heavy plate armour with a big 2h sword jumping as if they were athletes, swining while jumping. Of course it's possible to do that, even in armour. But you would lose your balance and fall to the ground instead of hitting someone effectively --> jumphitting = crap (saw it in the trailer that people jump around there, hope you are not going to give us jumpfights like in m&b. I know a couple of people who have problems getting into m&b due to the jumpfighting. More realistic fighting than in m&b would be cool, otherwise people will stay there)
- the hitboxes in m&b, related to the animation of swings. It's ridiculous that someone does an overhead swing and hits people behind him with that. Same goes for sideswings. I ask myself if anyone of the m&b devteam has ever had a sword in their hands. Probably not, otherwise these animations would be totally different. There is no need to raise a sword above and behind your head when you want to hit from above. Just raising it to a certain point is enough.
- Polestun. Maybe you know it. People with polearms always stun people very badly, making it possible to spam people to death without them being able to do anything due to the stun. A slight stun for every weapon would be cool, cause getting hit hurts and would probably stop your movement. But having it only for 1 or 2 types of weapons and having it as it is in m&b (you stumble backwards for 1 or 2 meters) is crap
- balance among the weapons. There shouldn't be a handful of weapons that are superior compared to all other weapons. Balance them please so that people can take what they like most and not what deals most damage. This goes for melee and ranged weapons.
- Addition to the jumping: I saw something in the last trailer that someone jumped off a houseroof which was like 5 meters forward and from a height of 5 meters. Seriously? With an armour? Imagine the speed and force when you come down? My knees and ankles wouldn't be so happy about that and the last thing I would like to do after such a jump is fighting...more realism than in m&b please!
- I don't know if you've decided anything about servers yet, but please make it 64 people per server. 32 is too little to be funny :/ More is not needed I think because then it will probably be to much concerning ping etc for players as I suppose you don't want only players with pro computers^^
- Take something like the slotsystem crpg has. People shouldn't run around with shield, 1h sword, 2h sword and maybe a pike at the same time. I think 2 weapons should be maximum (+the little dagger you are going to put in)
- Horses that are not heavily armoured should take a bit of damage when they bump through people. It's crap that an unarmoured horse bumps like 20 people without breaking its legs somewhere in between.
- Please make the weaponspeed more or less realistic. It's ridiculous in crpg that people can spam a long heavy twohanded axe faster than someone can swing a short 1h sword. Less spam, more timing
- Please don't balance referring to most whine like it is in crpg. Those who whine and complain most usually receive what they want there....balance shouldn't be done on the opinion of a person with a 2h sword without shield, who has a problem when someone is shooting him and thus requests a nerf to arrowdamage or similar. Just one example
These are most of the points I found in my mind. If I find more, I'll write them down.
I'm really looking forward to this game, but if it will be as unrealistic as mount and blade, I'm probably not going to buy it. I don't want a game that is like reallife fighting and 100% historically accurate and realistic, but m&b for example if far from being realistic :/
Hope devs read this and keep these in mind.