• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makif130289

Field Marshal
78 Badges
Feb 20, 2008
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Version 1.1 Released :

+ Reverted back to classical model pictures. There are not any Francesco style pictures for US-SOV-ENG elite forces.
+ Fixed a model error in Version 1.0
+ Added 6 Ranger Battalions to US. 1942 Ranger Division is slightly better than 1942 SS Infantry.
+ Added classical model pictures for US infantry divisions.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kv5xg18t42xy351

INSTALLATION

1) Patch your DH to 1.02
2) Install Kazoo's skif icons. ( Not necessary but I used his icons for new units )
3) Copy-paste the content over DH Full.

New divisions and units:

1st SS Division Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler
2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich
3rd SS Division Totenkopf
4th SS Polizei Division
5th SS Panzer Division Wiking
6th SS Mountain Division Nord
12th SS Panzer Division Hitlerjugend
Ranger Assault Force I
Ranger Assault Force II
Ranger Assault Force III

------------------------

1931 SS Infantry
1939 SS Infantry
1942 SS Infantry
1939 SS Motorized
1942 SS Mechanized
1943 SS Tiger
1944 SS Tiger II
1942 Ranger Battalion

Future Plan :

+ More historical SS divisions
+ Soviet Guards
+ British Commandos
+ Italian Blackshirts

Screenshots :

tGdNl.png

Here as you see, I can choose LSSAH. This will cost me some manpower and IC. After I take this decision, I will get the unit few months later.

kJqMl.png

After production is completed, I get my IC back.

S9Qtd.png

In order to differantiate SS divisions from regular Heer units, I used Xurrumeku's models for SS units. These are similar to Francesco's models. So, I suggest you to install Francesco's mod too. I don't have any gfx experience, so don't blame me for graphical problems :) By the way, as you see, my LSSAH division is infantry division. But many SS divisions were refitted many times and became panzer divisions ultimately. I tried to simulate this via refit decisions.

wAvPi.png

Well, after necessary conditions are met, I could refit my infantry LSSAH division to motorized division. Different SS divisions hav different historical refit paths and you will see this in the mod. To refit a division, you will again pay with negative IC bonus for a couple of months. One more thing, in order to refit your division, you have to put it in Berlin.

XzEU9.png

4PtHi.png

I refitted my motorized LSSAH once again and it became mechanized SS division. This refit will be available in late 1942.

85yXl.png

And final refit : SS Tiger Division. This refit will happen in late 1943 and 1944

Other divisions haves also similar paths.There may be errors, so feedback is always welcomed. If anyone wishes, I could add more historical SS divisions. I hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
Looks awesome, man! Just one big issue, though: Tigers were only issued to either separate heavy battalions (e.g. Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 101) or the heavy company in the panzer regiments, meaning that only a fraction of the division's combat power came from Tigers. For example, SS-Panzer-Regiment 1 in 1944 was made up of two panzer battalions, where the I. Abteilung was equipped with 67 Panthers and the II. Abteilung with 103 PzKpfw IVs. The makeup for the other SS panzer divisions was pretty similar, so maybe the "Tiger Division" is not the most accurate. Maybe you could make it a Panther Division with a H Arm brigade (Tigers)?

Looks awesome, man! Just one big issue, though: Tigers were only issued to either separate heavy battalions (e.g. Schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 101) or the heavy company in the panzer regiments, meaning that only a fraction of the division's combat power came from Tigers. For example, SS-Panzer-Regiment 1 in 1944 was made up of two panzer battalions, where the I. Abteilung was equipped with 67 Panthers and the II. Abteilung with 103 PzKpfw IVs. The makeup for the other SS panzer divisions was pretty similar, so maybe the "Tiger Division" is not the most accurate. Maybe you could make it a Panther Division with a H Arm brigade (Tigers)?

You are right, I put Tiger model because I wanted to show extra-firepower provided by Tigers given to elite Waffen SS Formations. But adding Tigers to Panther divisions is much more reasonable. I will change this in 1.1. Thanks for pointing out it :)

Very nice mod...
One suggestion:
You should place one "empty" model between your models and the DH default ones, so that the game won't upgrade it's latest models to your first ones.
For example, you should place a single line "model = { }" between model 7 and model 8 in the armor.txt
This way the "1962 Modern Armored Division" (model 7) will never upgrade to a "1943 SS Panzer Division" (model 8).
Just my thought...
Agis

Very nice mod...
One suggestion:
You should place one "empty" model between your models and the DH default ones, so that the game won't upgrade it's latest models to your first ones.
For example, you should place a single line "model = { }" between model 7 and model 8 in the armor.txt
This way the "1962 Modern Armored Division" (model 7) will never upgrade to a "1943 SS Panzer Division" (model 8).
Just my thought...
Agis

This shouldn't be the case because model 8 won't be available by any tech.

Looks nice so far, one thing I would personally do is th reduce somehow reduce the amount of decisions.
F.e. only one Refit SS Division Decision, and add the indivdual Divisionupgrades as actions.
It looks a bit cluttered atm.

Very nice mod...
One suggestion:
Just my thought...
Agis

Not necessary anymore, if you add "armor = -2" to a model, it won't upgrade to the next level.

Looks nice so far, one thing I would personally do is th reduce somehow reduce the amount of decisions.
F.e. only one Refit SS Division Decision, and add the indivdual Divisionupgrades as actions.
It looks a bit cluttered atm.

Not necessary anymore, if you add "armor = -2" to a model, it won't upgrade to the next level.

Screenshots are taken during my testing. So, I made all decisions available from the beginning. In game, you will only see 3 or 4 of them together.

Version 1.1 Released :

+ Reverted back to classical model pictures. There are not any Francesco style pictures for US-SOV-ENG elite forces.
+ Fixed a model error in Version 1.0
+ Added 6 Ranger Battalions to US. 1942 Ranger Division is slightly better than 1942 SS Infantry.
+ Added classical model pictures for US infantry divisions.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1y5ba25x5m9ba7e/SS

INSTALLATION

1) Patch your DH to 1.02
2) Install Kazoo's skif icons. ( Not necessary but I used his icons for new units )
3) Copy-paste the content over DH Full.

New Ranger Battalions :

1umkx.png

Ws4OZ.png

dxDsD.png

Last edited:
Are the elite units different in anyway besides name? Like do they have more experince or better stats?

Yes, they are new units. They have better org, morale, attack,defense stats but also a little bit higher supply,oil consumption. I didn't make any changes to experience values for SS and Ranger battalions because I find it unrealistic. Currently I am working on integrating Soviet Guards units which will begin with high experience because they will replace already existing divisions after Barbarossa.

h guys, does anyone know the names of most famous Soviet Guards divisions ? I will add at most 9 guards divisions but couldn't find anything useful from Wikidepia.
Russian wiki has a list, I'm just not sure how to translate due to being pretty bad with military terms. Anyone willing to help?

How would soviet guard divisions work anyway? They weren't specially formed, but rather were a normal divisions renamed and rewarded for bravery on the battlefield.

Russian wiki has a list, I'm just not sure how to translate due to being pretty bad with military terms. Anyone willing to help?

How would soviet guard divisions work anyway? They weren't specially formed, but rather were a normal divisions renamed and rewarded for bravery on the battlefield.

I put two conditions right now : year is 1941 and barbarossa has begun.

After these, player have a decision to turn few divisions into Guards divisions which are better stat higher exp. units. This is supposed to simulate battle experienced russian troops.

I put two conditions right now : year is 1941 and barbarossa has begun.

After these, player have a decision to turn few divisions into Guards divisions which are better stat higher exp. units. This is supposed to simulate battle experienced russian troops.
How about making it a bit later down the line, it shouldn't be possible rifght after Barbarossa beginning after all :)
The initial order for renaming was issued on 18.09.41 (Order № 308) and renamed 4 divisions to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Guard Rifle Divisions. 3 of them were infantry divisions, one was mechanized/motorized.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Guards_Motor_Rifle_Division - ordered 3 days later

How about making it a bit later down the line, it shouldn't be possible rifght after Barbarossa beginning after all :)
The initial order for renaming was issued on 18.09.41 (Order № 308) and renamed 4 divisions to 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Guard Rifle Divisions. 3 of them were infantry divisions, one was mechanized/motorized.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Guards_Motor_Rifle_Division - ordered 3 days later

You don't take your divisions right after you take the decision. Couple of months are required for refitting. I suggest you to try 1.1 version. SS units are trained in the very same way.