• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AllThat4Nothing

There are FOUR LIGHTS!
32 Badges
Jul 20, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Diplomacy
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
This is preventing me from doing things like holding feasts and going on grand hunts. What gives?

I was Count of Orvieto (the Pope's only secular vassal), and I recently took Capua and Napoli away from Africa in a Holy War, and created the Duchy of Capua. I have these Duke level options in intrigue now, however, that thing I have never seen before prevents me from enacting them. I have not seen this before. I am not "occupied" in any sense of the word.

Last edited:
not sure, I noticed that my maximum demesne size can vary depends on where the capital is located. Is yours located still in orvieto or inside the de-jure duchy of capua? Might have something to do with this.

not sure, I noticed that my maximum demesne size can vary depends on where the capital is located. Is yours located still in orvieto or inside the de-jure duchy of capua? Might have something to do with this.

maybe capital is set in a "recently conquered" province ?

my capital has never changed, and this has nothing to do with demesne size (which I am not exceeding anyway).

I have not seen this in the previous patch, must be a 1.04 thing. it shows as a red X when I hover the mouse over feast/hunt/fair

actually as it turns out there is no problem at all. misleading text and misleading red X. whoops lol.

maybe the legalism tech level of a certain county is higher than the others.
remember, it's only the capital's cultural tech that matters (unless you transfer your capital somewhere else of course)

maybe the legalism tech level of a certain county is higher than the others.
remember, it's only the capital's cultural tech that matters (unless you transfer your capital somewhere else of course)

point is moot because it was simply a confusing tooltip wording. there was no issue at all.