+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: about the helmets

A couple of gestures, for want of a better word to use, emotes, would certainly be of use in multiplayer games.

I always wanted a gesture to the left, to the right, straight on, or stop when I was playing in groups. I can see gestures like using the arrow keys on the numpad with... shift held down, say, to trigger a couple of gestures so a player leading a team can gesture for them to move round in a direction or the likes, to take the left staircase on a tower, or the right doorway.

having those include some form of salute, maybe the classic sign of the cross ("breasticles, testicles, wallet and watch" as one particularly blasphemous catholic I know described it as...), or the likes would be fantastic for allowing players to make just the sort of signs for wanting to duel, as is so popular in M&B... as well as the ability to give some sort of salute to the vanquished.
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Siegbert85 View Post
    Proves my point that gestures are wanted :P
    I'm just in disagreement with the visor opening and closing.

Seems like they implented my visor idea :P (I guess they were thinking about it themselves) but anyway: thank you! Looks great and fun

Love the visor function!
    "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Oscar Wilde

I do like the fact that you are having an visor option, also having a more narrowed vision with more effects.

Just thinking... maybe taking off your helm completely should be an option.

Someone mentioned that your armour could be damaged so you'd see the dents and scratches. How about your helm gets beaten up in a way that your vision will be extremly narrowed so you have to take it off.

That way one would be able to see your customized face without the need of deselecting your helm in the inventory.

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Hmm, a helmet battered so much your vision is too obscured so it has to be removed - I don't like it. I highly doubt this would be added - I think people would recognize each other through their customized heraldry.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Surely, but you certainly will design your face, and then nobody will ever see it, unless you'd remove your helm permanently. But fighting without helmet isn't exactly a knightly fashion.

EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Blog Entries
    Yes well, that's a problem that may have to stand.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteKing Arthur IIMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses

Hope there will be an visor close-/opening animation. I think these little things are important, because it makes the game "alive".
    regards NIN3

"Dont read my boring signature, go out and meet your freinds ^^."

"Noch sitzt ihr da oben, ihr feigen Gestalten vom Feinde bezahlt, dem Volke zum Spott!

Doch einst wird wieder Gerechtigkeit walten dann richtet das Volk, dann gnade euch Gott!" Theodor Krner [sry but its german]

Blog Entries
    Yes that's been discussed already, waiting for a dev reply.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Quote Originally Posted by NIN3 View Post
    Hope there will be an visor close-/opening animation. I think these little things are important, because it makes the game "alive".
    Yep, suggested that already. I hope there'll be a couple of gestures your character can do. This helps to build up atmosphere

Blog Entries
    Did they bash swords onto shields as a sort of war cry in medieval times? If so that would be an awesome thing to have!
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    Did they bash swords onto shields as a sort of war cry in medieval times? If so that would be an awesome thing to have!
    Something like that would have certainly been done. For the shield bashing thing: I think this would rather fit into a viking scenario.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siegbert85 View Post
    Something like that would have certainly been done. For the shield bashing thing: I think this would rather fit into a viking scenario.
    Hmm I suppose, I just thought it would be cool to see a line of people shield bashing
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    Although yes Vikings did have a war cry you'd find there are quite a few warcrys throughout the ages, and warcrys can vary from a word to just gargled sounds or even an entire sentence, there would undoubtably be shouting or screaming before and during a fight ... just to psych yourself up.

So this means that face is different hit location than head otherwhere. Which hit locations are going to be in the game? (comparing to M&B's head/torso/legs)

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

I'm sure the developers have enough information about historical helmets. But there is another theme of the entertainment game.

I think the design of medieval armor, exceptional, excellent.
    2005: COD2 [SmileShot]
    2007: COD4 [ComSQ/SOBR]
    COD4 OpenCup 2008 winner
    2009: M&B: WARBAND [Runaway Scorpions]
    M&B: WARBAND Nation Cup 2010 winner
    2011: BFBC2 [30+] BF3 [SOBR team.BF3]
    2012: BF3 [SOBR team.BF3] WoT [SOBR] WoTR [Runaway Scorpions]
    2013: WoTR [Runaway Scorpions] Planetside2 [SOBR Outfit]

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

What you'd do is simply to open your visor :P When you're slowly advancing and the enemy archers are bombarding you with arrows, you don't much vision really, a long as you're marching in the right directon that is, but when it comes to close combat, you want to be able to see what's happening around you, you want to spot and stop the stab to your groin, you want to see the lance from the right

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2