• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter 11: Caruso Takes Charge

The Reactionaries were still in the minds of many Texans, many Government Officials Feared that Civil War would break out in Texas. In 1890 Carbone, still trying to Secure an Alliance with Peru, dies of Malaria. He never gets his dream of a Reactionary Texas. Government Officials rejoice at the News of Carbone's Death. After Carbone's Death, The Brothers of the Reactionary Coalition Collapsed.

The Election of 1890 Followed, Candidate John Caruso against Shakes trying to run for Re-election. Caruso wins by a Landslide getting 98 Percent of the Votes. Shakes retires to his Ranch In Shame. Now that the Threat of Civil War looming over was gone, Caruso decided to Continue the Pacific Wars.

Caruso, 1890:
245px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1968-101-20A%2C_Joseph_Goebbels.jpg

War Begins with Dai Nam in 1890. 12,000 Volunteer Texan Troops Invade Dai Nam, but before Texan Troops can Board Transport Troops, The Pacific Fleet is Blockded by the Namese Navy. The Two Forces Slug it out for Hours but Dai Namese Naval Forces are Victorious. 3,000 Dai Namese Troops are landed at Brunei but are Quickly defeated By Texan Forces. They Retreat but are Defeated again by Texan Forces. The Next week, Caruso asks the Texan Congress for a Declaration of War on Dai Nam for the Destruction of the Pacific Fleet.

Caruso gets his War. The Ironclad Fleet, the Transport Fleet, and the Raider Fleet, most of the Texan Navy is sent to Participate in the War. Dai Nam quickly tries to build up troops and do all they can To try and stop the Texan Onslaught. Dai Nam is on the Brink of Annihilation. The Texan Naval Fleets arrive in 1891. The Texan and Dai Namese Battle but Texan Naval Forces defeat the Enemy Fleet. There is nothing now preventing Texas from Invading.

While that was going on, Caruso worried that More Revolutions could break out passes the War Of Independence Pension Act. All Veterans of the Texan War of Independence will receive a Yearly Pension from the Texan Government. The Following Years, Caruso Passes the Health Care Act and the Minimum Wage Act. All of these Acts will lower Texan Militancy in the Country. Revolution is Averted.

11,000 Texan Troops Invade Dai Nam in 1891, they are met with 15,000 Dai Namese Forces. They are Determined to drive back the Invaders. The Battle of Hon Chi Lo Follows, the Two Forces Battle for Days but Dai Nam Forces are Overrun.

Texan Forces at Hon Chi Lo:
chargeoftheroughridersa.jpg

A few more Small Skirmishes occur but in 1892 Dai Nam Capitulates and Surrenders. Dai Nam is Annexed as a Territory of the Republic of Texas. In 1893, Russia, Stricken with Nationalism, believes it can Defeat the North German Federation for a Territory it lost to Prussia generations before. Russia Declares war on the North German Federation in 1893. Portugal and Greece join Russia in the War against the N.G.F. World War I begins.

Kaiser Wilhelm Of the NGF Is shocked that Russia would Declare war. Russia and the N.G.F had generally good relations. With the Opening Fronts of the War in 1893, Russia suffers devastating defeats against the N.G.F. Russia was suffering heavy Casualties thanks to the Better Technologies of the North German Army. Baden and Wurtermmburg join the N.G.F And form the Federation Alliance against Russia, Portugal and Greece.

North German Machine Gun Team, 1893:
gasmasktrench.jpg

By 1894, Russia And Her Coalition's War Efforts were Completely Exhausted from fighting. Thousands had died from the Massive Technological Weapons Being used in the War, such as Poison Gas. The N.G.F's terms for Surrender of Russia and her Allies. A Region in Russia annexed to the N.G.F, the Douro Region in Portugal, and part of the mainland of Greece, but still Russia refused Surrender.

The European Powers were not very Content with the N.G.F's Terms for Surrender of Russia. France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands all Declared War On the N.G.F In 1894 forming the Containment Alliance against the N.G.F. With the rest of the European Powers now Involved with the War, The United States Declared Neutrality in the War days later, Caruso Declared Neutrality for Texas.

Texas Declared Neutrality, but officially supported the Containment Alliance Politically. Many European Powers felt worried that the N.G.F would threaten the Integrity of Europe. But the War for the Containment Alliance in the opening months of 1894 were devastating Defeats. The North German Army Was Unstoppable toward The Containment Alliance.

World War I Caused much Destruction in Europe. Thousands of Soldiers would die on both sides. They hadn't seen such Number Of Casualties since the Napoleonic Wars. Russia, Portugal and Greece dropped out of the War in mid 1894.

Devastation caused by World War I:
01020135271900.jpg

World War I Dragged into 1895, with the Containment Alliance still trying to Turn the Tide. Caruso won Re-election in Texas Vowing to keep Texas out of the War. Belgium would Join the Federation Alliance the same year. At the end of 1895, France and the United Kingdom dropped out of the War, seeing it as a Stalemate and a lost Cause. Wilhelm now believed that the Federation Alliance had a Chance of winning the War with the U.K and France's exit of the War.

1896 would be the Turning point of World War I, Sardinia Piedmont joined the Containment Alliance the same year. The N.G.F Was starting to lose supplies and was losing morale. The Same year, the Middle Eastern Country Abu Dhabi Was Accused of Harassing Texan Diplomats. Caruso asked for a Declaration of War on Abu Dhabi. Caruso would get his War. The Persian Gulf War didn't last long, Texan Troops marched into Dubai and Captured the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi himself and forced him to Sign a Peace Treaty.

World War I Was dragging on in 1897, Two Sicilies and Sweden Joined the Containment Alliance. In June of 1897, The N.G.F Signed the Treaty of Munich, ending World War I. The Bloody Conflict finally ended. Due to the treaty, the N.G.F Now had no Military and was a battered nation. Wilhelm flees to Belgium in exile and shame. Wilhelm II Becomes Kaiser.

Diplomats meet at Munich:
superstock4220988.jpg

Caruso won the election of 1898, running for a third term, no Texan President would be Leader for three terms since Grant.

Last edited:
No, I'm playing the Original, almost every Nation in Europe Declared War on The North German Federation for Containment Wars, pretty Interesting.

impressive, I think that is the first real world war I've seen reported in any AAR (or any of my own games) with Vanilla that didn't involve the player and/or a lot of modding

Chapter 12: A New Century

Europe was in ruin after the Surrender of the North German Federation in 1897. Both Texas and the United States Declared Neutrality in World War I, trying to avoid a large scale conflict. Caruso was still President of Texas. Further plans for Campaigns in the Pacific were Cambodia. Many Congress members wanted to Seize Atjeh for a Texan Territory, but both Caruso and the Congress noticed that Atjeh had mostly Modernized and had an Army of 30,000 and a decent navy.

Texas would be fully Capable of Winning a War against Atjeh, but Taking on a Fully Modernized Army with 30,000 Troops was not in the Congress' Idea of expansion. Texas had already gone to War with Atjeh previously, but they were still, much like Johore and Brunei, using Primitive weapons at that time. Atjeh was Instead, Inducted into the Texan Co Prosperity Sphere. Peru, Texas' Longtime standing Enemy, Became a World Power, thanks to their Massive Industrialization, but were Still behind Texas Militarily.

In 1901, U.S President William Mckinley was attending an Inspection and Tour of the Erie Canal in Lockport NY. The Canal was now becoming outdated and the United States was thinking of Building a New Canal. He Was shot by Reactionary John Donorovich, a Former Member of the Brothers of the reactionary Coalition. Mckinley was shot in the chest and Collapsed, Donorovich was thrown over the side of the Canal by Onlookers. Mckinley would not Survive, he dies two days later. Lincoln, Harrison and Jackson had failed to be killed, but Mckinley was the first U.S President to be Assassinated.

Donorovich, killed instantly when he Fell into the canal:

czolgosz1.jpg

Assassination of Mckinley:
mckinleyassassination.jpg

Both the Governments of Texas and the United States were shocked at the Sudden Assassination of Mckinley. The Same year, Many Texan Congress members were getting Very Interested in the N.G.F Territories of Greenland and Iceland. They saw it as a "Gold Rush Waiting to Happen". They believed that Greenland was teeming with Oil, and other Riches. They offered 3 Million to the N.G.F for the Purchase of Greenland. Kaiser Wilhelm II Ultimately declined the Offer for the Purchase of Greenland. Wilhelm I Returned to the N.G.F from Exile in Belgium the same year.

Many Congress members were pressuring Caruso to Declare War on the N.G.F. Caruso believed that Texas could never win a War against the N.G.F, being that the Federation was a Global Power. But in Reality, the N.G.F's Military was Shattered from their Defeat in WWI. Even the Other world Powers Pressured the Texan Government to Declare War and Annex Greenland. The United Kingdom, France, Russia and Austria encouraged the Texan Government to Declare War.

In July of 1901, Texas Declares War on the N.G.F, the Greenland War begins. Many Texan members believed the War would be a matter of mere Marching. 18,000 Texan Troops were sent to Greenland, but were unprepared for the Arctic like Conditions. Information is found that 18,000 Federation Troops are located there as well. Reinforcements of over 30,000 Are sent to Greenland, for the Troops, it is an Unpopular Conflict due to the conditions.

42,000 Texan Troops Meet German Troops at Gothab. Many Texan Troops suffer Frostbite from the Battle. Gothab lasts several Months, but the German Army is eventually Defeated. Special Goggles protect Texan Troops from the Heavy Snowy wind, and Potential Artillery Shrapnel.

Texan Officers and Troops showing off the new Goggles:
hothtrenchtrooper1.jpg

The Texan Navy Blockades the Greenland Coast. By 1902, all of Greenland and Iceland were Occupied by Texan Forces. In February of 1902, German Officials Surrendered, signing the Treaty of Iceland. Texas had just defeated a Global Power and Annexed a Huge Landmass in less than 2 years. British King George V Congratulated Texas on their "Smashing Victory against the German Menace" The United Kingdom and Texas became close Allies.

Caruso had decided not to run in the Election of 1902, he had a Grand daughter the same Year, Betty Caruso was born in 1902. President Sanford Grant, Grandson of David Grant would become the New Texan President. By 1904, the Texan Territorial Empire stretched Miles, many Government members naming Texas the "Imperial Republic"

Last edited:
Chapter 13: Weathering the Storm

1902 had seen Texas winning the Greenland War against the N.G.F and securing an Alliance with the United Kingdom. After the War, many European Countries, most notably, the U.K began producing Propaganda pamphlets against the N.G.F, such as "Wilhelm, the Second Napoleon", "Had the German Menace had won the Great War" and "The Russian Massacre"

With Peru becoming a World Power, it began a campaign to destroy the Texan Co Prosperity Sphere, by Influencing Nations to ally with Peru. This outraged Grant and he urged Congress to Declare war but the Frequent permissions for War never passed, the Congress didn't want a Third War with Peru. Peru continued to try and Dismantle the Texan Sphere, starting with Ecuador in 1905, and their Influence had spread to many other Southern American Nations through the years. Grant continued to get angry.

Texas had constructed their first Dreadnought Class Ship, TNS Colossus, which would become the Flagship of the Texan Navy. The United Kingdom built the first Dreadnought class ship in the late 1800's.

TNS Colossus, 1905:
frcourbet.jpg

By 1907, the Diplomatic Crisis with Peru had reached a boiling point, Grant who had won reelection in 1906, delivered a Speech that would rock Congress. "It has come to my Attention, that the Intentions of Peru are to Dismantle Texas' Diplomatic Relations with our Southern American Allies, and to inflame us, I do ask Congress for a Declaration of War on Peru, for I have Weathered the Storm long enough for Peru's Insults to the Republic of Texas, it is now or never my fellow Patriots, we give Peru a licking, or They will trounce us" The Speech was applauded by all Congress Members

Grant's permission for a Declaration of War, 1907:
congresscongressopening.jpg

In a slim 120 to 109 Vote, Grant gets his War against Peru, it will be the Bloodiest War anyone had seen in the Americas. 1907 begins with Texas' third war against Peru, the Southern American Nations take Sides, Columbia breaks Diplomatic Relations with Texas and Sides with Peru, Chile, Ecuador, and Argentina Declare War on Peru, the United States Intervened on Texas; Side, sending their Massive Navy but no Land Units.

Both Alliances quickly Mobilize their Forces, Texas is able to field 160,000 by the First Few Weeks. Colombia Blocks off the Panama Canal to Texas and Her Allies, forcing Texan Naval Ships to Cross under South America. TNS Colossus would be first tested in this War, The Raider Fleet, Transport Fleet and Ironclad Fleet were all sent into Action. The Peruvian Navy was hopelessly outgunned by U.S and Texan Naval Ships. The 40,000 Texan Troops stationed at New Texas are Viciously attacked by Peruvian Forces at the Battle of Guadalupe, Texan Troops being showered with Artillery from Peruvian Forces. The Battle ends in Texan Defeat, with Texan forces retreating, Texas has lost over 8,000 in just the first battle. 1907-1909 will be the years Texas almost lost a war.

Transport Ships are frequently attacked by Peruvian Naval Ships, only to be aided later by the Raider and Ironclad Fleets. The Navy is struggling to bring Reinforcements into New Texas with the Panama Canal being Blocked Off. The U.S Dropped out of the War in 1908. The War soon settled into an Attritional battle with both Sides, showering each other with Artillery Fire. "Cowboy" Hats being replaced with metal Helmets to Protect from Artillery Shrapnel.

Texan Soldier, 1909:
doughboyimages.jpg

The Troops at New Texas were struggling to Hold back the Onslaughts of Peruvian Forces, both Sides digging in with Trenches in the muddy Peruvian Jungles. Peruvian Troops were Occupying New Texan Provinces, and in 1909, Peru asked for Texan Surrender, Grant saying to Congress, "We have not lost a war yet, and by God I'm not prepared to lose this one, if my Grandfather licked em 50 Years ago, I'm sure I can too" Texas Refused Surrender. Texas was Victorious in the Seas, Blockading the Shores of Columbia and Peru, again, cutting off Foreign Trade. Colombia was brought to It's knees from the Texan Naval Blockade, and signed a Cease Fire with Texas, now allowing them to Cross Through the Panama Canal. Now Peru was in trouble, with Panama Canal being Re Opened to Texas and her Coalition, Texas could turn the tide of the War

June of 1909 would be the Turning point of the Second War of the Coalition. Hundreds of Thousands of Texan Troops Being sent to the War front, and more being drafted for Combat. Peru Suffered Devastating Defeats in the Battles of Moyobamba and Cajamarca, Texas getting revenge for their Defeat at Cajamarca 40 years Previously. 200,000 Texan Troops were now at New Texas, and Peru suffering 20,000 Casualties each in the two Battles. Ecuador and Chile were also making gains. Texas had better Technology than Peru, most Texan Troops having Bolt Action Rifles while Peruvians having Winchester Rifles.

1910 would see Texas winning battle after battle against Peru, with Thousands more Texan Troops being sent over. The Warfare seen in the Second War of the Coalition would be brutal, just as bad as the Combat in World War I. Texan and Peruvian Troops would go over the Top of a Trench, only to be brought down by Enemy Machine Gun Fire. One Texan Soldier put It, "If somebody tells you they weren't afraid of going over the top, they were a damn liar"

Texan Troops in the Trenches, 1910:
first_world_war_2_lancastria.jpg

One soldier From Peru Said about the Texan Reinforcements, "They would just keep coming and coming there would be no stopping them". Texas was able to send 100,000 Troops at a time with their Transport Fleet. At Mainland Texas, Mexican and Texan Officials met to discuss a 75th anniversary celebration of the Texan War of Independence. Both Mexican and Texan Veterans celebrated at Lubbock, Austin, Mexico City, and the Alamo. They told each other their experiences in the War.

Texan and Mexican Veterans sit across from each other at a Dinner in Lubbock,:
p10civilwarreunion.jpg

In 1911, Chile and Ecuador dropped out of the War, their Militaries exhausted. And Peru's Efforts were just about exhausted as Well in 1911, Peru Asking for a Cease Fire, but the Texan Congress would only accept, "The Unconditional Surrender of the Peruvian Government and Military Forces". Peruvian Soldiers were exhausted from the Trench Warfare, but Texas was able to send thousands of more Troops. Texas would reclaim lost Provinces in New Texas through 1911. 1912, with New Texas' Provinces Re Claimed by Texan Forces, there was a gateway to the Peruvian Capitol of Lima. Only 50,000 would be left to defend Peru itself, Texas, over 150,000.

Both Sides Massacred each other through February and March of 1912, Peru Viciously trying to Defend Lima. By April, all Resistance was wiped clean off the map, Texan Troops Marching to Lima. They reached the Capitol Mansion at Lima, rebuilt in 1860 after Texas Burned it in 1855. They decided not to burn it again, instead waving a Texan Flag over the top of the Capitol, it was a Humiliating Scene for Peruvian Government Officials. They sign the Treaty of Lima in April 19, 1912, ending the Second War of the Coalition. The Treaty annexed a Region In Peru, Their Industrial Heart, and Texas' Industry doubling from the annexation

It was the bloodiest War seen in the Americas, it rivaled Europe's Great War. 300,000 Would die total on all sides, mostly from the Static Trench Warfare. 90,000 Texan Troops would be killed, the Bloodiest Texan War up to that point, being overcome only by World War II. Peru would become a shell of what it was before the War, not even a Secondary Power post 1912.

1914 would be the Ferdinand Crisis in Europe, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of the Austrian Empire nearly assassinated by a French Factory Worker, Lou Marbois, almost starting War between France and Austria, the Crisis slowly Died down and Europe was at peace again.

Marbois:
gavriloprincip.jpg

Last edited:
WW1 coming about in your game made for a great read. I do like that you took advantage of the NGF's weakened position in quickly besting them so as to gain Iceland for yourself. Whilst WW1 was bloody, I was surprised to read how bloody war against Peru proved! Still, you've made some more grains following it and hopefully you can enjoy a period of peace during which you can recuperate.

WW1 coming about in your game made for a great read. I do like that you took advantage of the NGF's weakened position in quickly besting them so as to gain Iceland for yourself. Whilst WW1 was bloody, I was surprised to read how bloody war against Peru proved! Still, you've made some more grains following it and hopefully you can enjoy a period of peace during which you can recuperate.

I've been at War frequently from 1890-1912, the only War doing much damage was the Second War of the Coalition. Sneak Peak, the next Chapter is where the Commies come in.

Great AAR. Very well done. I like AAR's that don't use screenshots from the game as I find it's not that interesting. Your pictures really add character and make it feel more like a story then someone playing Victoria 2. Great job!

Great AAR. Very well done. I like AAR's that don't use screenshots from the game as I find it's not that interesting. Your pictures really add character and make it feel more like a story then someone playing Victoria 2. Great job!

Thank you for your comment, very much so. This is one of the best comments in my whole AAR, and I appreciate it. Updates will be coming soon.

Chapter 14: The Red Scare

Texas had defeated Peru in the Second War of the Coalition, Peru suffering a huge loss after more Texan Annexation of their land. Their Industry was completely cut off from the annexation, and Texas' Production doubling. Texas was now an Industrial powerhouse following the War. Peru would never recover from the War either.

A new political faction was growing through the 1910's. Communism. A Communist country would be a classless society. Many Texan Government officials feared that if Communism took over Texas, it would end Texas' Financial Prosperity. Some nations in the world turned Communist, Venezuela being the largest. But Texas' neighbor, The United States was under heavy Communist influence, and had a huge Communist Revolution. Thousands took up arms against the U.S Government

But the United States had no real Army to stop the Communist Rebels, it was disbanded in the 1890's following a previous large rebellion. The Texan Congress argued whether to Intervene on the U.S's side to stop the Rebels to prevent the United States from becoming Communist. But the Intervening debate never passed Congress.

The Debate would roar through the streets of Texas through 1914,1915, Pro-Communist Citizens thrown in Federal Prison. Riots break out, citizens kill each other, while a Communist Army of 30,000 slowly take over the United States.

Anti Communist poster from Texas referring to the Communist Rebellion in the United States:
220pxisthistomorrow.jpg

Texan Pro-Communist Poster:
jointhecommunistpartypo.jpg

Some Texan Soldiers Volunteered to form an Expeditionary Force to stop the Communist Rebellion, but the Proposition never passed Congress. Texas would get It's own Communist Rebellion in 1916, 12,000 Communist Rebels heavily Armed, took up arms in Mainland Texas and Territories. Texan President Timothy Davis sent the Texan Armies to Crush the Rebellion.

They took up arms in the Pacific Territories, Greenland and Iceland, and New Texas. 6,000 Communist Rebels were killed. 300 Texan Troops killed in the Rebellion. More Rebellions would break out but on a smaller scale until 1917.

Karl Marx, one of the main proprietors of Communism:
karlmarxq.jpg

In 1918, President Davis sought to ignore the Communist Rebellions in Texas and the United States and Declared War on the Asian country of Luang Prabang. Only 10 Texan Troops were killed and it lasted into 1919, but Luang Prabang was annexed. The Communist Rebels in Texas argued that Communism was for the best for the United States and Texas, and it would bring even more Industrialization for Texas. The Communist Revolution was the biggest Rebellion since the Reactionary Rebellion of the 1880's.

There was no clear leader of the Communist Rebel Armies in the U.S and Texas, it was a disorganized Scramble of Armies. The United States still couldn't get rid of the Communist rebellions.

Rallying flag of the Communist Rebels:
communistamericanflag.jpg

Europe was also experiencing Communist Rebellions as well, the N.G.F being the biggest. Texan leaders feared if the United States was engulfed by Communism, a Communist United States could be a large threat to Texas.

Last edited:
Terrifying stuff with the sizeable communist rebellions breaking out seemingly accross the world. At least Texas seems to be surviving the communist threat, indeed she's still conquering nations!

Chapter 15: A Grave Decision and Different Destinies

Through the mid 1910's, Texas and the rest of the world lay in fear as nations around the world turn to Communism, Venezuela being the largest, and the United States about to have Communist sympathies. 1921 would be the zenith of the U.S Communist Revolts. The Communist Rebels were only 20 Miles away from the steps of the white house, U.S President Woodrow Wilson flees to Canada while the Communists are ready to take the White House and Claim the United Socialist States of America.

Texas and the United States were on their heels, if the United States became Communist, it would be a large threat in North America, there would be no physical way Texas could ever defeat the U.S, Texas' military was secondary compared to France, the U.K, or Austria.

Texan Troops crossed over into the U.S border, numbering about 30,000. Luckily, the Communists were defeated by a newly created U.S Army. The threat of Communism in the United States was over, for now. Wilson returned to the white house, but was ousted in the election of 1921.

In 1922, Texan President, Liam Fondis hosted a parade in the streets of Austin. Fondis was a large Imperialist, he admired Texas' Territorial Empire they created over the years. Diplomats from France, The United States, and the United Kingdom, Including King George V who had been good friends with the Texan Government since the early 1900's.

Texan "Lone Star" Dress Coat Regimental soldiers marched in the streets carrying Portraits of Sam Houston and Stephen Austin, who were believed to be the two greatest founding fathers of Texas. The Dress Coat Soldiers were wearing Uniforms like old Texan Troops had worn in the 1840's and 50's. Veterans of several old Texan Wars also attended, veterans of the Texan-Peruvian War of 1853, men who saw action on Culps Hill. The Louisiana War, and the First War of the Coalition.

Veterans of the Texan Peruvian War of '53:
32460civilwarvetspinefo.jpg

Texan Diplomats showed off Factories, new Inventions and the Car. The Car had been Invented by British Engineers in the late 1890's, the modern car wouldn't be created till the 1910's, and the First car that everyone could afford wouldn't be shown till the 1920's.

The "Grand Sedan" Made by the Lone Star Auto Company shown at the Parade:

1915fordmodeltpolicecar.jpg

The Parade gained much prestige in the eyes of the other Great Powers. A year later, 1923, Fondis wanted to Expand Texas' Territorial Empire, he decided to wage an Undeclared War on the Russian Empire for Alaska. There was only about 20,000 Russian Troops defending Alaska, under equipped as well. He decided to do a Raid on Alaska and Conquer it from Russia, he sent the Ironclad Fleet, the Dreadnought Fleet and the Transport Fleet to Russia.

The Raid would be unpopular for both Texan Politicians and Texan Troops Participating in the Invasion. A Texan Soldier put, "Christ It's Greenland all over again". The Raid didn't go as Fondis had planned. 30,000 Troops were landed on Alaska, without Russia's knowledge. A Russian Fleet caught the Ironclad Fleet off the Coast of British Canada.

The two Slug it out, a few Texan Ships are damaged and 12 Texan Sailors are killed but they are victorious. Russia's Navy was almost nothing compared to Texas. But the Land War in Alaska goes no where. 6,000 Texan Troops Freeze to Death. Attrition was taking It's toll on Texas. just 3 Weeks after the War began, Texas signs a Cease Fire with Russia, and pays them 500,000 Texan Dollars in Reparations, the war is called off.

Texas loses It's first War, ending in White Peace with Russia. The remaining 24,000 Troops Sail back to Austin in Shame. Russia Declares Victory over the Republic of Texas. Czar Nicholas II States, "Russia has survived Houston's Boot, I hope the rest of the world can too". Texas and Russia would become bitter enemies until the 1940's, placing Trading Embargoes on each other.

Fondis is humiliated, and Texan Politicians name the War against Russia, "The Phony War" Since Texan Troops gained absolutely nothing in Alaska. But in 1925, Manifest Destiny was once again, after 80 years, coming back to the United States. The original Manifest Destiny of the 1840's never happened, it was called off, losing It's popularity in America. The U.S's goal 80 years ago was to spread the U.S's eagle wings from sea to shining sea, now the goal, in the 1920's was to become the World superpower, and oust Britain out of it.

The U.S makes an excuse for a Border Incident for a War Justification and Declares War on Mexico in 1925. The problem was, Mexico and the United States were both Texas' Allies, both nations sent requests for Texas to aid them in a War. Fondis knew Texas could never defeat the United States in a War, even with help of Mexico. Many Texan Congress members wanted to stay Neutral, but Fondis wanted Texas' own Manifest Destiny, Texas had wanted Laredo, El Paso and Oklahoma since the 1840's, but never received it. This was their chance.

Texas Declares War on Mexico, 90 Years after the War of Independence, Texas and Mexico are at War. With the Opening weeks of the war, The United States is able to field about 3 Million troops, Texas, 400,000. Mexico, only 250,000. U.S Troops quickly occupy Mexican Provinces, Mexican Troops arrive at Laredo, the Texan Congress fears a second Invasion of Texas in 90 years, they flee Austin and go to Dallas.

100,000 Texan Troops attack 50,000 Troops in the battle of Kansas. The Mexicans lose 10,000 in the battle, and Texas loses 4,000, they retreat. After the battle of Kansas, U.S troops occupy the Western Mexican Provinces, such as Nevada and New Mexico. Mexican Troops arrive in Lubbock, numbering 100,000. 200,000 Texan Troops, one Army coming From Kansas attack Mexican Troops. Mexican Troops and Texan Troops meet in Lubbock after 90 years, the bloodiest Battle of the Texan War of Independence was fought here. But, the Battle of Lubbock turns out to be a massacre for The Mexicans. Texas loses 15,000, Mexico, 50,000.

Both the Texan and U.S Armies had much better technology than Mexico, most of the Mexican Armies didn't even have Bolt Action Rifles, they were hopelessly technologically Outclassed by Texan and U.S Troops.

Texan Troops In Lubbock, 1925:
2910915830103691965S600x600Q85.jpg

However, many Texan Citizens didn't know how weak Mexico really was in the War, they feared there could be a Re conquest of Texas back into Mexico. This would've been physically Impossible for Mexico to achieve, they were Outgunned, Outnumbered, and were on a poor command structure and low morale, Texas' Army was much better at this time. The Tank and the Airplane would be first used in both U.S and Texan Hands, Texan Bombers would drop bombs, usually fire bombs onto Mexican Camps, Tanks would overrun Mexican Positions, unaffected by Machine Fire.

Texan Tank in the Colorado War:
vickersmediummarki.jpg

Texan Airplane:
image_preview

The Texan Air force was created in 1919, the First Texan Tank being created in 1919 as well. The Colorado War, as it would be called later, dragged into 1926, Mexico was now losing the war, and to continue was futile. Haiti joined the War against Mexico in 1926 as well. The same year, The Texan Congress back in Austin, ordered an Amphibious Landing on the Mexican province of Veracruz, having little to no resistance. 30,000 Texan Troops Captured Mexico City, ending the War. While there, A Texan Commander reportedly said, "Santa Anna, we're here".

The Treaty of Mexico City was signed. Mexico lost most of It's Northern Territories to the United States, fulfilling It's Manifest Destiny, the only Northern Mexican Territory left was New Mexico. Mexico lost El Paso, Laredo, and Oklahoma to Texas. Mexico was still a great power after the war, but much weaker. About 100,000 Troops on all sides died in the War, about 1/10 of the Casualties seen in World War I or the Second War of the Coalition.

The Trans Texan Railroad Connected Oklahoma, Laredo and El Paso as well, and Texas' Government Income Doubling from new factories in their newly annexed Territories.

Mexico, Texas and the United States after the Colorado War:
usmexicomap2006.gif

Last edited:
Chapter 16: Peace Doesn't always Prevail

Texas and the United States won the bloody but brief, Colorado War in 1926. Texas annexed Oklahoma, Laredo and El Paso, the United States annexed Most of the western Mexican Territories excluding New Mexico. Texas was becoming stronger than ever. But, Communism was still looming in the air.

As many as 1 Million Texan Citizens supported a Communist Texas, President James Carver wanted this fixed Immediately. He said to the Texan Congress, "If those 1 Million Citizens Riot for a Communist Texas, it will be a War we cannot win" Carver didn't like the Idea of shooting down Civilians supporting Communism, but he called for their arrest.

In 1928, and 1929, Communist Riots broke out, as many as 17,000 Texan Citizens were killed and 300 Texan Soldiers, they called it bloody '29. As well as the Communist Riots, in 1929, the Global Stock Market Crashed, The U.S, Russia and the N.G.F were hit hard, the N.G.F Had turned Communist by this point as well. The Texan Economy was hit, but not enough to put thousands out of Jobs. With their Economic Strife, Fascists in the Two Sicilies and the N.G.F were Rioting through the streets.

U.S Citizens in a line to a Soup kitchen, 1930:
1928greatdepression2.jpg

Many Uncivilized Nations now embraced Westernization around the World As well. Japan, a small Island country off the shore of China and Korea, Civilized in the 1880's creating the Empire of Japan. But still in the 1920's, Japan was just a Secondary Power and Emperor Meiji didn't want it to stay like that. Meiji would die in 1930, taking his place, Emperor Hirohito.

In 1930, Texas was still Interested in Cambodia still from over 30 Years. Texas waged an Un Declared War against Cambodia, and seized it with little blood. Cambodia was annexed. Russia, the N.G.F and The Two Sicilies would still suffer from Political Strife and Riots.

Riots in Russia, 1931:
38a2d72a.jpg

Modena, a Small Italian Nation embraced Communism as It's Government as well. Can the world stop letting Bloodshed fall and end Economic Strife ? Or March To War.

Last edited:
The continued rise of communism throughout the world is worrying, especially considering the numbers supporting it within Texas. Nonetheless Texas continues to grow ever stronger, the gains made against Mexico considerable. It just disappointing how things panned out against Russia.

Chapter 17: The Wrath of Fascism

Communism was reaching It's Peak in the World, Several Nations turned Communist, and Communism was still taking It's Toll on Texas. In 1932, the Biggest Communist Riot Occurred. 200,000 Communist Militia Troops lay a rampage all over Texas' Territorial Empire. Texan Troops take down the Communist Rioters in a Bloody Guerrilla War with them. It lasted into 1933 with over 220,000 Casualties in all from the Communists and Texan Troops. One of the Bloodiest Riots ever in History. It was later called the Texan Civil War.

But the Communists lie quiet. Russia had been proclaimed as the Soviet Union in 1933 after the Murder of Czar Nicholas. Communist Rioters had engulfed Russia. Joseph Stalin, a radical Rioter in the Communist Revolution around the World proclaimed himself as the Premier of the new Soviet Union.

Stalin, 1934:
josephstalin.jpg

Texas' President, Betty Caruso, Granddaughter of Former Texan President, John Caruso of the 1890's and early 1900's. Betty was voted in by Overwhelming Numbers from Texan Suffragettes. She was the first female and youngest President of the Republic of Texas.

Betty in her office, 1934:
012thatcher468x577.jpg

But A new Political Faction would overshadow Communism. Fascism. The N.G.F, Greece, and Two Sicilies became Fascist. Greece became Fascist in 1929, Fascists had overthrown the Communists in the N.G.F. Adolf Hitler was the leading Political Figure in those Riots, calling the Communists as an Inferior Political Party. Hitler wanted to Punish the nations who had done damage to the once Illustrious North German Federation. Texas, Sweden, Sardinia Piedmont, Switzerland, Spain and Austria.

Adolf Hitler, 1933:
fde997a373.jpg

Hitler formed the Nazi party in the N.G.F and planned to Exact his Revenge against the nations who had caused the N.G.F to Implode after WWI. Many Nazi Political Figures blamed the former German Government during WWI. Hitler called for the arrest of the Former Leaders of the N.G.F. The S.S rounded them up and were placed into Prison Camps later to be Executed, only Kaiser Wilhelm II Was spared.

Many European Nations were appalled at Hitler's Actions, but could only watch in horror. In 1935 the German Civil War began, former Prussia broke away from Hitler's new Nazi Empire. The Civil War Didn't last long and Prussia was Re Annexed. The Same Year, Hitler called for an Alliance between, the Two Sicilies, Greece and The N.G.F. They had formed an "Axis". Japan later joined that Axis the same Year.

Imperial Japan was a rising nation in the 1920's and 30's. Hirohito needed a vast Supply of Oil and Rubber to keep Japan running. World War II Begins in March of 1936 with The Sicilian Invasion of the Italian Peninsula. Mussolini, Two Sicily's Fascist Leader, wanted to create a Second Roman Empire. The Nations of the Italian Peninsula are Completely Overwhelmed by Sicilian Forces.

France and the United Kingdom couldn't watch Hitler, and Mussolini's Actions anymore. France and the U.K Declared War on the Two Sicilies, forming the Allied Powers. The N.G.F and Greece come to Two Siciles Aid. Texas and the United States later joined the War against the Axis the Same Year

Last edited: