+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How To Be Completely Mediocre in Divine Wind

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

How To Be Completely Mediocre in Divine Wind

How To Be Completely Mediocre At Divine Wind Intro

Hello all. I have decided to create an AAR, not to just bore people with my gameplay, yet also to show how completely mediocre I am at this game.
    So, I will play a game in Divine Wind as a minor power. The settings I use will all be set on normal (except lucky nations, as most people do).
    As in most of my previous.. erm, "attempts" at AAR's, I will let all of you vote on which country I should play as. After that, I will rule my country with an iron fist, completely ignoring all advice from people who are most likely 10 times more skilled than me at this game.

But that's not important right now. First we must decide which country I should play as. The choices are:
    1. Aragon: Set in between France and Castille, this Iberian nation tends to gobble up Navarra and then sit there and do nothing until one of its larger neighbors swoops in and conquers it in several successive wars. Hopefully I won't let this happen.

2. Teutonic Order: A Catholic outpost of knights set in the Prussian lands. They are bordered by the great and powerful Tri-... uh.. I mean, (bonus points if you got that reference) Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. The only real routs for expansion are into Germany(and also into destruction with this path), Scandinavia(Where their large navy will help them somewhat, or Russia(Where they can dominate Novgorod, but have nowhere to go after that).

3. Naples/Milan: Italian nations who both have the chance to dominate Italy. Separated by the pope and some minor states, they must first conquer Italy before moving out into the rest of Europe.(these choices tend to always end in an uber-powerful France or Austria)**Note** If you choose this, please tell which nation you would rather see me play as.

4. Vijayanagar- An Indian nation that usually has an easy time of conquering much of their region due to multiple casus bellis against other countries. **This Country will most likely be easier than the others(knock on wood)**

Thanks to everyone who votes!
    Last edited by homy_dog34; 14-03-2012 at 23:16.
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I would like to see Aragon AAR
    Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam

Naples... Such a beautiful color
    Official Vagabond Cheerleader &
    Coolest fajita this side of the Mississippi

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I'd say Aragon or Vijayanagar.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

I say Vijay, you can expand ridiculously fast with them if you can manage all the low-tech rebel battles, in my experience.

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Aragorn! Let's see how will you manage to survive the Castilian onslaught...

Europa Universalis IV

Aragon has a quite nice set of missions,and after those you can just 'epand peacefully' and maybe even form Spain.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Vijayanagar sounds good.
    Reasons Why You Should Play Any Character in CK2
    Current playthrough(s): n/a, undecided
    generalolaf: 5/3/1, age: 17. No Legal Heir. Religion in province: Protestant. 100 Legitimacy, 30 Prestige, 0 Power Projection.
    Government: Constitutional Monarchy. Diplomatic Ideas (3), Religious Ideas (2), Administrative Ideas (0). 1 free advisor slot (Skill 1 Master of Mint, Skill 3 Theologian). Diplomatic Relations: 5/7 (Alliance; Guaranteed)

""Somehow the Neapolitans landed in Ireland -" That's very poor strategy on their side. Everybody know that pizza goes better with lager beer." - Victor Cortez

What about Genua ?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Aragon has my vote as well.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    King Arthur IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSengoku500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Milan can be quite tricky, as Austria will surely get a mission to conquer Brescia and the nearby provinces. So I'd say Milan :P

I say the Teutons because my world is a world of constant sadness and pain and everything must be black

Also, because an independent Riga really annoys me.

(Looks interesting!)

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    MagickaSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Thanks for the replies everyone!
    Voting will close tomorrow sometime after I get home from school, so anywhere from 4 o clock onwards.(in Eastern time)

**diegoami- Sorry but it's only between the above countries. If you don't change your vote before the deadline then I guess it won't count :/
    Want a Record? Come on over to the Europa Universalis 4 Hall of Fame!

Check out my States Mod. In progress though, so it won't be done for a long while.

My Inkwell: Link Here

Feel free to add me on Steam to talk, play, or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    **diegoami- Sorry but it's only between the above countries. If you don't change your vote before the deadline then I guess it won't count :/
    Ok, I'll go with Naples then.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyguy View Post
    I say the Teutons because my world is a world of constant sadness and pain and everything must be black

Also, because an independent Riga really annoys me.

(Looks interesting!)
    What he said ^

(yes my vote goes to Teutonia)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by homy_dog34 View Post
    Voting will close tomorrow sometime after I get home from school, so anywhere from 4 o clock onwards.(in Eastern time)
    well I'm sure "Eastern time" doesn't say much for a large part of us - for me at least anything is "eastern" that is above GMT+1

but I'm only joking right now

Vijy, be the man, form hindustan!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Vijyangar
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis IV

Teutonic Order - multiple expansion routes but one harder than the other.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast