• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

randakar

The doomsayer
46 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn

Werewolf Lite CCXXVII: The French Revolution

liberty.jpg

"...and never heads enough..."

Domestic carnage, now filled the whole year
With feast-days, old men from the chimney-nook,
The maiden from the busom of her love,
The mother from the cradle of her babe,
The warrior from the field - all perished, all -
Friends, enemies, of all parties, ages, ranks,
Head after head, and never heads enough
For those that bade them fall.

William Wordsworth

The French Revolution. The peasants have risen up, and demanded ridiculous "rights" that none of these plebs truly deserve. Seventeen nobles have agreed on gathering their men-at-arms to deal with this nonsense quickly and decidedly. But during the gathering, it becomes apparent some of them are conspiring against the throne!

EUROO7's Werewolf Lite Primer for Absolute Newbies

Werewolf Lite is a game of survival. Your main goal, no matter your role, is to survive. The game is played with seventeen players divided into two sides: the Villagers and Seer(s) on one side, the Werewolves on the other. Each side's goal is to eliminate the other. Out of these seventeen, five are given a special role. Four are Werewolves, and at least one is a Seer. Their identities must remain secret. If a Seer's identity is revealed, the Werewolves may hunt their most dangerous enemy. If the Werewolves' identities are revealed, the village will surely lynch the monsters.

The game is divided into two sections. Day and Night. The game begins with a Night session. During the Night, the Werewolves hunt one person, and a Seer may discover the role of one player. During the Day, the villagers must decide who is responsible for the murder of the Night past.

Every game has a special theme. The theme for this game is above. Let your Werewolf journey begin...

Standard Lite Rules

There shall be seventeen (17) players. Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Everyone will get a PM.

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer(s) win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

Standard Werewolf Rules

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, except to substitute for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Failure to vote will lead to immediate substitution.

§2A. – Players will vote daily. See Rule 1D.
§2B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted and be considered to be in violation of Rule 2A.
§2C. – In the event of a tie all tied players will be executed.
§2D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline are considered dead. They will not reveal any inside information after the deadline. The presumed dead player(s) should post in green text until their true role is confirmed.

§3A. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.
§3B. - Orders (scans, hunts, et cetera) are sent to the Game Moderator via PM.
§3C. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages missed due to inbox being full.

§4A. - Spectators and ghosts may comment, but never suggest a course of action, reveal any new information, including vote counts. Preferably spectators will comment only in a manner tangential to the actual game.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8A. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text.
§8B. - If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE" and their name in bold text.
§8C. - In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote.
§8D. - Do not edit votes after posting them. If you make a mistake, like not bolding, unvote and revote in a new post.
§8E. - Votes should be oversized or clear of other text to ensure they are not missed by the GM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at their full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM.

Player Roles

2 x Members of the ruling dynasty (Seer)
4 x Revolutionaries (Werewolves)
11 x Royal Loyalists (Villagers)

Deadline

Deadline will be:

10:00 GMT / 11:00 CET

Votes and orders posted one minute before the deadline will count, those posted at the exact deadline or later will not.
Voting ends at the deadline even if the GM is not present. All players except the presumptive lynchee(s) are permitted to post analysis of the game between the deadline and the update.

This game will utilize a slightly tweaked seer role:

Seer: Chooses a player to scan once every two nights. The seer will then know if their chosen target is a wolf or not.

Last edited:
List of players:

1. reis91
2. esemesas
3. THE_SPLIT
4. rendap
5. the_hdk
6. drxav
7. falc
8. Suirantes as Napoleon Bonaparte.
9. EUROO7 as Sergeant Pumpernickel.
10. snoopdogg as Robespierre the seer.
11. tamius23 as Insandwich.
12. Tornadoli
13. Boris ze Spider as Lenin in a time machine
14. Capt. Kiwi
15. AOK. 11
16. madtemplar0
17. Cakravarti as napoleon

Subs:

Game events:

the_hdk the villager is hunted on night 0
reis91 the wolf is lynched on day 1
drxav and Suirantes the villagers are lynched on day 1
snoopdogg the villager is hunted on day 1
cakravarti the villager is lynched on day 2
EUROO7 the villager is hunted on day 2
Tornadoli the wolf is lynched on day 3
Capt. Kiwi the villager is hunted on day 3
Yakman the villager is lynched on day 4
tamius23 the villager is hunted on day 4
Boris the villager is lynched on day 5
The_split the seer is hunted on day 5
snoopdogg the wolf dies to a failure to vote on day 5
madtemplar0 the wolf is lynched on day 6

Winners:
7. falc the villager
15. AOK. 11 the other seer

Last edited:
Half-seers, really. :)

Intriguing. IN.

In

a randy game? :)

Yep.

I'm not sure yet on what deadline I will use, though. I've set it to something that *should* work with my current day-to-day schedule, but I can't be certain so I may shift it a few times. Especially in the weekends.
But I also may just set it to 20:00 GMT / 21:00 CET instead. Which means I will probably have to shift it on tuesdays, at least one thursday in the next two weeks, and again in the weekend due to prior obligations.

I'll guarantee at least 24 hours for people to vote in, though.
Yeah, I'm a busy man ..

(Which explains why I don't run these games a lot. I have difficulties with keeping to a regular deadline.)

In as Napoleon Bonaparte.

He got unbanned fairly recently.

I was unbanned through tongue skills and pure awesomeness.

Save a room for AOK. He needs his bi-monthly spanking.

Don't start without me.

In as Sergeant Pumpernickel.