+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Religious Conversion Mod!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Religious Conversion Mod!

Your monarch has awoken blind one morning and has decided to pray to his deity. Upon the seventh day, he emerges...

EU3_1.png
    EU3_2.png
    EU3_3.png
    Nobody expects the Spanish Shintos...

The "Religious Conversion Mod" is a partially done, DIY mod. I basically make the code and the event, and you put it in your localization/text.csv file and the religious.txt file of "events"!

So, if you play Death and Taxes like me (or any other mod for that matter), you've been annoyed sometimes, when oh say... you start in 1356 as Lithuania, and your Animist, and you have no way to change to Catholic, Orthodox or Sunni.

That's where this custom-event comes into play! Convert your monarch to whatever you like.

It's designed for Divine Wind, and is untested on all other versions. It's been tested on Vanilla DW and Death or Taxes, unconfirmed on all others, da? Da.

Code:
    EVTNAME20510;Religious Conversion;;;;;;x;
    EVTDESC20510;$MONARCH$ awoke blind on unseasonally cold morning. In fear of divine vengeance, he fled to the nearest location of prayer and entered a small room and did not emerge. For days, it seemed all $MONARCH$ could do was pray. Pray and hope. Then, upon the seventh day of his prayer, he saw something. He saw the deity. As he emerged from his room, $MONARCH$ 's first words were...;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTA20510;Deus Vult! For God!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTB20510;Constantinople is the light of humanity!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTC20510;ALLAHU AKBAR!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTD20510;Ali is Muhammad's true chosen!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTE20510;Zen is necessary for balance.;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTF20510;Kami-sama will protect me in my new life!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTG20510;More religions please.;;;;;;x;
    religious_convert_title;To the temple...;;;;;;x;
    religious_convert_desc;The monarch has been feeling rather sick lately...;;;;;;x;
    EVTNAME20511;More Conversion;;;;;;x;
    EVTDESC20511;This event contains religions that are heretical to pretty much everyone that's not them. Be careful when converting in Europe...;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTA20511;The Great Badger Spirit Protects!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTB20511;Shark-bait Hoo-Hah-Hah!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTC20511;Outfit an expedition to the Ganges!;;;;;;x;
    EVTOPTD20511;Confucious say...;;;;;;x;
    Take this code and place it in \localisation\text.csv.

Code:
    country_event = {

id = 20510

major = no
    	is_triggered_only = yes

title = "EVTNAME20510"
    	desc = "EVTDESC20510"

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA20510"
    		religion = catholic
    		capital_scope = { religion = catholic }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB20510"
    		religion = orthodox
    		capital_scope = { religion = orthodox }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTC20510"
    		religion = sunni
    		capital_scope = { religion = sunni }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTD20510"
    		religion = shiite
    		capital_scope = { religion = shiite }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTE20510"
    		religion = buddhist
    		capital_scope = { religion = buddhist }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTF20510"
    		religion = shinto
    		capital_scope = { religion = shinto }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTG20510"
    		country_event = 20511
    	}

}
    Code:
    country_event = {

id = 20511

major = no
    	is_triggered_only = yes

title = "EVTNAME20511"
    	desc = "EVTDESC20511"

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA20511"
    		religion = animism
    		capital_scope = { religion = animism }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB20511"
    		religion = shamanism
    		capital_scope = { religion = shamanism }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTC20511"
    		religion = hinduism
    		capital_scope = { religion = hinduism }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTD20511"
    		religion = confucianism
    		capital_scope = { religion = confucianism }
    		stability = -2
    		}

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTG20510"
    		country_event = 20510
    		}
    }

This has the basic religions of the game, but if your mod has others, feel free to add onto it. Place THIS text batch in \events\religious.txt (or any other convient events file).

Code:

country_decisions = {
         religious_convert = {
    		potential = { 
    		NOT = defender_of_faith 
    		}

allow = {
    			defender_of_faith=no 
    			force_converted=no 
    			war=no 
    			stability=1
    			}

effect = {
    			country_event = 20510
    			}

ai_will_do={
    		factor=1 
    		modifier={
    			factor=0.0
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Add this to \decisions\religion.txt, and it will allow you to fire the event if you are not the Defender of the Religion, Not at war, or force converted, and requires you to have +1 stability.

Have fun,
    Sakura_F
    ----

Updates:

Update 1: Changed the Shi'ite option title, to make it less boring. Now it has a real statement a person would make. Hehe.

Update 2: Added the conversion of your capital province.

Update 3: Added decision to launch the event from and made converting religions incur a -2 stability hit (You don't expect your entire nation to follow the new religion blindly?)

Update 4: Added a second event that allows you to convert to Shamanism, Animism, Hinduism and Confucianism.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sakura_F; 20-03-2012 at 22:57.
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Reichskanzler, Party Leader of the New Society in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.
    Unable to start or complete any of his AAR's.

Deus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2500k club

Blog Entries
    you could make it so every effect sets a flag for the country. Then make it so it has a mean time to happen of days = 1 and the trigger is that the country does NOT have the flag set by the effects. This will only allow it to fire once right as the game starts, however, and the AI will have it. If you do/ do not want the ai to use it, set ai = yes/no in the trigger.

Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    you could make it so every effect sets a flag for the country. Then make it so it has a mean time to happen of days = 1 and the trigger is that the country does NOT have the flag set by the effects. This will only allow it to fire once right as the game starts, however, and the AI will have it. If you do/ do not want the ai to use it, set ai = yes/no in the trigger.
    Instead of having it trigger as an event (that would annoy people), I'm thinking of figuring out how to implement it as a religious decision or something, where you fire the decision, and it triggers the event. Perhaps something like what they use in Steppe Wolf, but with less religions to worry about.
    NK Foreign Minister Comrade Anastasia Ivanovna Petrova in Avindian's Soviet Union Interactive AAR.
    Otto von Bismarck, Stadtholder of Leipzig, Reichskanzler, Party Leader of the New Society in Avindian's Sonderweg oder Anderweg Interactive AAR.

I'm having issues with the event firing. For some reason, I can't get the event to fire. even "country_event" which is an actual modifier for a decision in the HRE decisions (join HRE), doesn't work.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    I'm having issues with the event firing. For some reason, I can't get the event to fire. even "country_event" which is an actual modifier for a decision in the HRE decisions (join HRE), doesn't work.
    One possibility is to split it into multiple religious decisions, convert to sunni (shiite, catholic, etc).
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Ah don't worry, I've got it, it works after a bit of retooling.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

I want to add this to the game, but I can simply not figure out how to add the code to the localization folder! (I am sort of noob on this) Help is appreciated!

By the way, does this work for all nations in the game?
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Vrael_1492 View Post
    I want to add this to the game, but I can simply not figure out how to add the code to the localization folder! (I am sort of noob on this) Help is appreciated!

By the way, does this work for all nations in the game?
    It does work for all nations in the game, and to add it to localization, just take the code I have for you, and paste it into the "text.csv" file (open it with Notepad).

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

One more thing, I cannot find the religion folder in events. Is it in decisons then?
    Comrade Vladimir Mehmetovich Sakharov, NK Finance, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)

The Earth is the Cradle of the Mind -- but one cannot eternally live in a cradle." - Konstantin E.Tsiolkovsky
    "Let others shoot; For here I leave my second leg, and the Forty-second Foot." - The Ballad of Faithless Nelly Gray by Thomas Hood

Please make this idea more known! I want it to get into the next Victoria 2 DLC! by Sakura_F. Copy this if you want this to be implemented

Quote Originally Posted by Vrael_1492 View Post
    One more thing, I cannot find the religion folder in events. Is it in decisons then?
    It should be there. "religious.txt", if not, just put it any folder. I only suggested that one file because it was the most convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura_F View Post
    It should be there. "religious.txt", if not, just put it any folder. I only suggested that one file because it was the most convenient.
    OK, Thanks!

Update 4 posted, put all the heretical religions into a new event. Warning has been added to mention that the religions forementioned are pretty much heretical to 90% of the world. Animist France? Oh yeah, have fun with that...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sakura... I can see MASSIVE hilarity ensuing. That, and endless religious wars. All you need to do is create some code that makes the AI choose different religions (with appropriate checks to keep them from changing every day).

You've got a great mini-mod here.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    Sakura... I can see MASSIVE hilarity ensuing. That, and endless religious wars. All you need to do is create some code that makes the AI choose different religions (with appropriate checks to keep them from changing every day).

You've got a great mini-mod here.
    Yeah, I actually, when I first started fiddling with the whole aspect of the religious conversion, I forgot to put "is_triggered_only" and every day, nations were flipping religions. Within days, half of Europe was fighting the other half. But yeah... that seems like an interesting way to go, but I'm not good with code, I'd need helpers. :P

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Because I'm a noob and I have no idea how the files work, how would this work if you were, say, a Native American nation and you converted to Catholicism and the Reformation rolled around? Would you not be able to convert to Protestant/Reformed?
    A rebel without a cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek75 View Post
    Because I'm a noob and I have no idea how the files work, how would this work if you were, say, a Native American nation and you converted to Catholicism and the Reformation rolled around? Would you not be able to convert to Protestant/Reformed?
    You would be able to convert to Protestant, afaik, since you are a Christian nation. When you convert to Catholicism, iirc, you discover ALL of Europe, same if you convert to Islam.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Ah, ok then. Thanks!
    A rebel without a cause.

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty 2March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It would be cool if pagan countries surrounded by Christians or Muslims could get an event to convert. This way the AI would also get a chance to convert.

Quote Originally Posted by xcrissxcrossx View Post
    It would be cool if pagan countries surrounded by Christians or Muslims could get an event to convert. This way the AI would also get a chance to convert.
    That's something that's way beyond my event creation capabilities. Perhaps somebody else could help me with that.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by xcrissxcrossx View Post
    I thought there already was such an event
    Nationality - American
    Ethnicity - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

+ Reply to Thread