+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask MM team for screenshot(s) of area(s) you would like to see!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    At this stage, all that can be done regarding the interface are minor corrections here and there. I don't think the interface is fearful, considering the genre of course, and you have the tutorial plus tooltips to figure everything out.
    Arbus is right, and the work done for the tooltips is amazing. They are very detailed.
    Magna Mundi old beta tester
    From Manipur to Milan, each nation has a story to tell.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

I found this. Is it up-to-date? If the answer is yes, I want to say some critical mistakes about province names, positions and city positions.

Major Mistakes
    - Anatolia is not a province, it is whole peninsula in the screenshot.
    - Konya should be in south of Angora province.

Other Mistakes
    - Almost all city positions are wrong.

I don't want to be cruel, I wrote these because I really look forward to play this game. Graphics are awesome of course, and the projection of map.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    And you can check a bit there the edited HRE borders as well
    And they are certainly a good improvement over the earlier version! The French-German border looks better as well. Thanks for all the hard work and sharing these screenshots. The following suggestions are not meant to critisice but only to further improve on your work.

1) The coat of arms of the netherlands (on the indonesia screenshot) has it's colours wrong. The States-General used a gold lion on a red field, while the county of Holland used the red lion on a gold field.

The Low Countries look great for such a dense province area, even though a lot of improvements could be made.

2)Holland is maybe a bit too small and Zeeland too large. In reality Zeeland only consisted of the islands, while in the screenshot it occupies the entire South Holland province, including mayor cities such as Leiden and The Hague. If you don't want to change borders, maybe a name change would be better?

3)Also, the Isle of Terschelling should belong to Holland. It was only transferred to Friesland during the Nazi-occupation. Unfortunatly that would mean moving Frieslands port.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    I don't want to be cruel, I wrote these because I really look forward to play this game. Graphics are awesome of course, and the projection of map.
    None of us is a Turkey - or OE - expert, so be indulgent with us. Of course, as I already said, these pictures are shown before the release because we know that our geographical and historcial knowledge is far from acceptable on huge territories of Earth. If you can create or show a map with proper provincial borders, names and city layout, of course we'd be more than thankful for your contribution and would implement the changes in the game.
    Of course the change of the number of provinces i out of question

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Iain View Post
    1) The coat of arms of the netherlands (on the indonesia screenshot) has it's colours wrong. The States-General used a gold lion on a red field, while the county of Holland used the red lion on a gold field.
    The CoA of Holland is correct, but I did not find any reference picture about the CoA of the Netherlands as you described...

2)Holland is maybe a bit too small and Zeeland too large. In reality Zeeland only consisted of the islands, while in the screenshot it occupies the entire South Holland province, including mayor cities such as Leiden and The Hague. If you don't want to change borders, maybe a name change would be better?
    As so many times, we had to compromise here. We need both provinces, but we also need some room for the sprites within the province, so no big changes can be expected here. But I'll look into it if we can shrink Zeeland a bit.

3)Also, the Isle of Terschelling should belong to Holland. It was only transferred to Friesland during the Nazi-occupation. Unfortunatly that would mean moving Frieslands port.
    This will be fixed, thanks for the info.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

You may give new capitals to new provinces as well. But keep in mind that not only the OE controls those provinces during the course of history (don't forget about Trebizond for example!)

Those glaring black borders are an eyesore, otherwise its looks nice.

I suggest that you soften the colors a bit, add lighter gray on the fringes of the lines and darker along the middle.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

"Kütahya" might be better than "Eskişehir" as capital for Anatolia.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

@K_merse,
    Here's a link to the wikipedia artikel on the Generality Lion: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Republic_Lion. These are nice examples as well: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...icae_Blaeu.jpg, http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi..._Dordrecht.jpg. But, inconsistant as they were during that age, the Red lion on a golden field was used as well (see http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...oom_(1600).jpg).

I really like the look of the game, and cannot wait to play it.

Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteMagicka
    Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Has a screen or Romania already been posted? I'm sorry but I don't have the time to browse everything right now so I would appreciate it if you posted screens of Romania's area,thanks.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by MihaiROU View Post
    Has a screen or Romania already been posted? I'm sorry but I don't have the time to browse everything right now so I would appreciate it if you posted screens of Romania's area,thanks.
    Yes, here: http://www.magnamundi.com/downloads/...ts/balkans.png
    We're still flying

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations

I wish take a look to the iberian peninsula, i'm sure that some of you had an special care of this region

Hearts of Iron III

Any screenshot of Greece? maybe I could help with the regions and names

It is not "Srjem" but "Srijem".

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV

How about North America?

Did you guys go for all-native names for almost all the locations again?

EU3 Complete

I've to say that names for Moldavia's provinces are wrong: Bessarabia designated the same land as Budjak before 1812, more exactly the SE corner of Moldavian princiaplity.
    Bessarabia, litterary Basarab's land was brifely held by Wallachia from around 1330 to c.1400. While the name Budjak for the same land was used later, starting from the conquest of the region between 1484 (Kilia&Akkerman) and 1538 (the interior of the province+Tighina stronghold).
    The name Bessarabia was given to the larger region situated between the Prut and Dnister rivers, including Budjak, in 1812. Further, the original starting point of Moldavian principality between Carpathians and Prut river was NEVER called Besserabia nor Budjak.

At the same time, the border between Oltenia and Wallachia provinces should be on Olt river, with Oltenia being the province bordered by Carpathians, Olt and Danube rivers, while Wallachia being the province bordered by Carpathians to NW, the Milcov-Siret rivers on NE and Danube on E and S.
    Muntenia(Wallachia) map
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Muntenia.svg
    Oltenia map
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Oltenia.svg

Arsenal of DemocracyDeus VultDiplomacyEU3 CompleteMagicka
    Sword of the StarsMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

OK,if people and admins don't mind,may I say that:

1) "Wallachia" isn't the name of the region or the country,it's "Ţara Românească"(The Romanian country),and it's divided into 2 sub-regions:Oltenia and Muntenia. The Romanians never use "Wallachia" to refer to "Ţara Românească" while naming a sub-region as "Wallachia" when it fact it's called "Muntenia" is simply wrong.

2) "Bassarabia" there was never such a region until the Russian Empire took half of medieval Moldavia away and renamed it "Bassarabia"(in the aftermath of the Russo-Turkish War, 1806-1812). The name "Bassarabia" was only used for a small sub-region at the seaside,what on the map is called "Budjak".

Further information on what I said can be easily checked on the internet:

1) The historic regions of Romania,and you can see what I said about "Muntenia" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greater_Romania.svg

2) How medieval Moldavia looked like: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adminis...ns_of_Moldavia AND http://hiphi.ubbcluj.ro/Public/File/.../8_Moldova.jpg

PS you can all ask any Romanian this,or check the historic sources or on the internet for yourself.

PS2 might I add that I totally don't understand why Transylvania isn't an autonomous land,vassal to Hungary? I saw that in other games it was so,not to mention that it's probably 100% Hungarian for some shady reason I don't understand(many hungarian employees added to the staff?),unlike EU2 when it was correctly put as Romanian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...lvanian_rulers
    Last edited by MihaiROU; 12-04-2012 at 14:40.

what i don't understand is why there are almost only people from balkans and slavic countries complaining about the fact the provinces there don't have the exact culture or the exact name or whatever. I mean of course it's not perfectly accurate nothing is but obviously complaining about bosnian culture groups, "Ţara Românească", or the border between two tiny province isnt helping whatsoever and moreover isnt interresting anybody beside you. For instance i m from belgium and of course borders, cities locations and stuff are not perfect but whats the point of harassing the devs with such meaningless details. Buy the game, rename the province, culture groups and whatever you want when it's out as it's an easily modable game.
    I'm badly hoping that the release date isnt delayed because of those constant complaints.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast