+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask MM team for screenshot(s) of area(s) you would like to see!

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    The old videos and screenshots were made with the old renderer and a WIP user interface. Since then we polished the GUI, removed some fonts which looked cool, but some fans and betas complained that they are hard to read. We also got the new renderer from Paradox, the one used by EU3 DW (at first we only got the old one form EU3, but thanks to the community pressure, we made an agreement with them - thanks guys ), but this meant that we had to completely rebuild the map, virtually from scratch. Currently the map is 4x (or 6? I can't remember any more) as big as it was originally. You can imagine how hard is to draw the whole world while you graphical editor barely can control files with that size In the mean time, the map got new textures which are still in WIP phase here and there - on the seas for instance.
    So always check the date of the picture, because it is possible that they are obsolete.

Both the map and the interface elements are moddable by the way.
    So... these pictures are *not* from the new renderer?

Just wondering if we will still be receiving generous screen shots

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yes, I will post more during this week
    We're still flying

Quote Originally Posted by Ivashanko View Post
    So... these pictures are *not* from the new renderer?
    Old ones are not, but there are some new ones that are. For instance, everything in this thread.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor New! EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    well i think the interface is pretty awesome on the new screens (any chance i can have a screen of the belgian area?)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    Old ones are not, but there are some new ones that are. For instance, everything in this thread.
    That is what I figured. Merse's post seemed to be trying to deflect blame on the old renderer, which made me wonder a bit.

For the record I have no problem whatsoever with the graphics.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I just wrote what I did because several outraged spectator go to us and say that our game is garbage, it looks ugly whatever, and then turns out that they saw only the old pictures...
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm a little bit concerned regarding the borders in northern Italy, in the area of the Valtellina, Brescia and Trento. On the one hand, it is a good thing to show the connection of the Valtellina (1) to Austria, as it was an important route, which the Austrians wanted to control. But this was nearly never the case. The Valtellina was in this timeframe mostly part of Switzerland, beginning with the Italian Wars until Napoleon. Also in Gameplay terms, the conquest of Milan would give Austria a direct way to the lombard capital, which was a much more difficult thing, as the Swiss and Venetians tended to blocade them. The map would not be only incorrect in this area for most of the timeframe, it would also be a little bit to easy for Austria to get the richest city in this area and have control of it.

Also it seems, that the Province of Trent is rather big and extends in the north, which was not the case. It resembles more the region of Trentino-Alto Adige in the national state of Italy, but not the historical territory of Trento.

http://www.magnamundi.com/downloads/...ears%20War.png

http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...20110617180750 Region, which was annexed by Italy in 1918

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Italy_1796.jpg Historical Province of Trent (The red austrian parts in the south were originally part of the bishopric, conquered in the 15th century by Venice, and conquered finally by the Austrianas after the War of the league of Cambrai)

The second thing are the Ionian islands (Kephalonia/Ithaka/Zante 2, Kythara 3) which are seperated for a strange motiv, as the Ionian islands were - with only some minor exceptions around the 16th century - under venetian rule and so under one state. They should be all part of Corfu, not be seperated, as this was not the regular case.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...an._1785.R.jpg

Only some things that I saw, I like the map, at all.
    Last edited by Marco Dandolo; 10-04-2012 at 21:11.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Dandolo View Post
    The second thing are the Ionian islands (Kephalonia/Ithaka/Zante 2, Kythara 3) which are seperated for a strange motiv, as the Ionian islands were - with only some minor exceptions around the 16th century - under venetian rule and so under one state. They should be all part of Corfu, not be seperated, as this was not the regular case.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...an._1785.R.jpg

Only some things that I saw, I like the map, at all.
    The first 3 islands you mention where actually part of Epirus until the Ottomans completed their conquest in 1479. I also find it odd that all 3 of the maps you like to show have a late 18th century setting, but who am I to blame - I guess I like 1453 borders better than anyone here.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club

1a (Valley) was already discussed, it rests at it is now because we don't want to give access Venice to Switzerland. Maybe in a patch or DLC it will get its own province. By the way, conquering Lonbardia will never be easy for Austria, I can reassure you.
    1b (Trent) seems accurate to me. I don't feel that it would need to be changed.
    2 is a special issue: If it possible, we want to avoid provinces to be bordered by several sea zones, because they still have one port and why should it be there and why only that sea province should be controlled to launch a blockade etc. So Corfu most likely rests alone.
    3 may be changed.

Serenissimo Leone Marco Dandolo's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RhoDaZZ View Post
    The first 3 islands you mention where actually part of Epirus until the Ottomans completed their conquest in 1479. I also find it odd that all 3 of the maps you like to show have a late 18th century setting, but who am I to blame - I guess I like 1453 borders better than anyone here.
    As i mentioned, there were minor changes, but it remains fact, that the Ionian islands were for most of their history under the rule of Venice. I took the 18th century maps, because I didn't find others in the short time. But I can assure you, that between the second half of the 16th century and the fall of the republic the possessions remained rather venetian. An exception is Lefkas, which changed between Ottomans and Venetians.

And yes, I know, that the three islands were under the rule of the Tocco-family, but to resemble this correctly, there should be a new tag. And I don't think that this would be the best solution for such a little terrain, so my decision would be to melt it with another province, which they belonged to the most space of the timeline.

Regarding the maps, I searched more for maps of this particular regions. But If you doubt my honour... zooming by clicking for the following...

http://www.maproom.org/00/01/present.php?m=0043 (Ionian islands)
    http://www.maproom.org/00/01/present.php?m=0041 (Northern Italy, Trento boundaries)
    http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/CH/ch1798.gif (Switzerland with Valtellina)

@k_merse:

1) I will remember your words for my first game.
    E' meglio vivere un giorno da leone che cent'anni da pecora.
    - It is better to live one single day as a lion than a hundred years as a sheep.

Serenissima Italia - An Italian Ambition for EUIV
    An overhaul mod for the whole Italian peninsula. Keep the Medici in power, play Calcio, meet Venetian Senators, be guest at the Palio and be prepared for a whole, new Italian experience!

Serenissima Italia is part of MUNDUS NON SUFFICIT, the first Major Overhaul Mod for EUIV!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: Warband

Aaah! Love this!

Can we get political and terrain maps of the middle east?
    Nationality: Canadian
    Culture: Anglo-Canadian/Mashriqi
    Religion: Sunni
    Ideology: Liberal
    Trade Policy: Free Trade
    Economic Policy: Interventionism
    Religious Policy: Pluralism
    Citizenship Policy: Full Citizenship
    War Policy: Anti-Military

Thanks a lot

And you can check a bit there the edited HRE borders as well

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    And you can check a bit there the edited HRE borders as well
    The city Mainz is still on the wrong site of the Rhine.

Do not take this too seriously, I do not care that much about correct borders. If I find the time, I will have to write a small mod for Hesse anyway [1].

Phi

[1] The landgraviate of Hesse was an influencual member of the HRE until its division in the 16th century and the following religious split, succession wars etc. The primitve Hesse-specific law of succession ensured that (without reforms) this was going to happen, hence (if I find the time to balance) should mod it in if I want to play Hesse (and I want to).

Consider making the UI as clean as possible, it might not be a mess, but to many it could be 'fearful' - especially for new players.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze86420 View Post
    Can we get political and terrain maps of the middle east?
    No.

Sorry

There are several pictures of the region already, like this and this and even this. As for the terrain map, alright, there are no pictures with the new map so I'll post it later.

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonBill View Post
    Consider making the UI as clean as possible, it might not be a mess, but to many it could be 'fearful' - especially for new players.
    At this stage, all that can be done regarding the interface are minor corrections here and there. I don't think the interface is fearful, considering the genre of course, and you have the tutorial plus tooltips to figure everything out.
    We're still flying

Major
    Europa Universalis IV

Very, very minor thing about Hessen, in the MM mod one of its provinces was really very rich (11 base tax with copper if i remember correctly) and the neighbouring province had base tax ONLY 2, was this really the case, was it so poor? It always looked suspicious to me, I dont think there were other provinces in HRE with base tax 2 or even 3.
    None.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast