+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask MM team for screenshot(s) of area(s) you would like to see!

Quote Originally Posted by josip128 View Post
    there will be i think south slavic culture group, but making all one culture wouldnt be good beacose there was many differences,
    I mean when you read some old documents in Croatia if they mention Serbs they are mentioned as foreigners,
    as fore Bosnia i think it will be ok to add Bosnian culture as Bosnia was border region between Croatia and Serbia,
    but only thing I thiink should be done is to divide Bosnia in three regions one to cover area left from Vrbas river to present day Cro-Bos border
    as Vrbas river was border to Bosnia in past (and add Croatian culture here) second one Bosnia the core of Bosnian state area around Bosna river
    and third one that would cover same as Zahumlje region in CK2
    In an effort to avoid another 10 pages of misunderstandings - Merse's post not withstanding - we looked at actually increasing Bosnian provinces to 3 and 4. Both results led to a basic opposite scenario of the strong Serb state we had before with Bosnia then becoming the ahistorical regional power 90% of the time. As a result we left Bosnia with two provinces.

Ideally, I'd like to increase the number to 4, but that will take more work, something that can not be done for release.

EU3 Complete

Just I expected the map looks really awesome. Nonetheless, I would have a little comment to make concerning the map. While I understand that a third province for Moldova would be too much I suggest diminishing the size of Moldova's Southern province to its Eastern area, like in this map:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mihai_1600.png

While at first look would seem quite unimportant, in fact the border shared between the two states preserved and enhanced the unity of Romanian people, but also paved the way for the political union of the two states, with the first successful, though brifely in 1600.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ritterkreuz View Post
    Just I expected the map looks really awesome. Nonetheless, I would have a little comment to make concerning the map. While I understand that a third province for Moldova would be too much I suggest diminishing the size of Moldova's Southern province to its Eastern area, like in this map:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mihai_1600.png

While at first look would seem quite unimportant, in fact the border shared between the two states preserved and enhanced the unity of Romanian people, but also paved the way for the political union of the two states, with the first successful, though brifely in 1600.
    I second this. And how does the team stand on earlier made suggestions?

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I won't recheck all the suggestions, but several of them were approved and will be shortly updated for the Betas, so you'll get new screenies about the changes.
    For Moldavia, I tend to agree with you, bot we want to keep Moldova's port to the Black Sea, and we don't want OE/Bulgaria and Crimaea to have a common border, so we can't change it.
    When you have limited numbers of provinces, you have to make compromises.

Anti-Emperor
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    I won't recheck all the suggestions, but several of them were approved and will be shortly updated for the Betas, so you'll get new screenies about the changes.
    For Moldavia, I tend to agree with you, bot we want to keep Moldova's port to the Black Sea, and we don't want OE/Bulgaria and Crimaea to have a common border, so we can't change it.
    ...except for the fact that the area was actually under Moldavian control in 1453, or am I missing something? And as you say, it's also better for balance.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis IV

That's great to hear!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would like to see a picture of Ulm.
    If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club

Ulm does not exist as a separate province.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Am I the only one here who finds interface and graphics in general to be lackluster? I've been waiting for this game for so long but this just tips me off. I would never believe I'd say that but it is indeed so. There are lots different fonts on the screen, the icons are low quality and look uninspiring, the borders are ugly. EU3 had clean, sharp interface, CK2 had gorgeous beautiful interface but MMtG at this point looks even worse than EU2. I don't really know And problem is that it's not easily moddable, it's built-in basically.

I've been discussing this with my comrades from Russian-speaking Paradox community and pretty much everyone agrees on this that graphics is lacklustre. Meh, maybe the gameplay will be good and I'll get used to graphics but at this point the screenshots are disappointing.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm just confused by a minor tid-bit, and I do apologize if this has already been answered and/or asked.

In earlier video previews, like the ones shown on Paradox Interactive's YouTube channel, the detail of the water on the map is different to the one displayed in these screenshots. In the video previews, and some images in the manual if I recall, the water appears lighter and more detailed, showing a sort of sea-foam effect. I actually really loved this level of detail as I thought it complemented the map really well. So, I was just wondering if this detailed water will be in the final product? And has just, possibly, been disabled (like, via the Options menu akin to EU3) due to the preference of the user?

Quote Originally Posted by katzen-kratzen View Post
    Am I the only one here who finds interface and graphics in general to be lackluster? I've been waiting for this game for so long but this just tips me off. I would never believe I'd say that but it is indeed so. There are lots different fonts on the screen, the icons are low quality and look uninspiring, the borders are ugly. EU3 had clean, sharp interface, CK2 had gorgeous beautiful interface but MMtG at this point looks even worse than EU2. I don't really know And problem is that it's not easily moddable, it's built-in basically.

I've been discussing this with my comrades from Russian-speaking Paradox community and pretty much everyone agrees on this that graphics is lacklustre. Meh, maybe the gameplay will be good and I'll get used to graphics but at this point the screenshots are disappointing.
    I'm sure that gameplay will be worth it to try and get used to graphics. Indeed, devs apparently tried to recreate retro/board game theme when it comes to interface, as well as to differentiate it from EU3 one (otherwise everyone would cry about it being EU3 clone), but in effect it looks IMHO quite dated, and difficult to read (fonts, colours, backgrounds, icons). Shame, because it could cost them a lot of lost sales. As far as I know interface elements are moddable, as are map textures, so perhaps some beautifying mods would emerge eventually.

The old videos and screenshots were made with the old renderer and a WIP user interface. Since then we polished the GUI, removed some fonts which looked cool, but some fans and betas complained that they are hard to read. We also got the new renderer from Paradox, the one used by EU3 DW (at first we only got the old one form EU3, but thanks to the community pressure, we made an agreement with them - thanks guys ), but this meant that we had to completely rebuild the map, virtually from scratch. Currently the map is 4x (or 6? I can't remember any more) as big as it was originally. You can imagine how hard is to draw the whole world while you graphical editor barely can control files with that size In the mean time, the map got new textures which are still in WIP phase here and there - on the seas for instance.
    So always check the date of the picture, because it is possible that they are obsolete.

Both the map and the interface elements are moddable by the way.

EU3 Complete

Thanks for the fast answer I think that maybe a little misunderstanding slipped in our discussion. I'm not saying that Moldova should be left without a port (Chilia or Cetatea Alba), just that historically, the region of Budjak was a target not only for Ottomans, but for other nations too, chiefly Hungary. The problem is that in case Moldova losses its southern province is suddenly cut from the only country with which it share close cultural ties, and which in turn excludes the only major possibility of expansion, considering that to west is blocked by Hungary, to north by Poland, to east by Crimea Khanate, and now by Ottomans to the east.

I'm afraid that from game play perspective Wallachia and especially Moldova are doomed

Can I please see a screenshot of Travancore (Southern India)?? . . will that be possible??

I would love to see the provinces.bmp file.. Just to see how many provinces there are =)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by 4TyStigma View Post
    I would love to see the provinces.bmp file.. Just to see how many provinces there are =)
    There are almost 2000 provinces, including naval ones.
    Magna Mundi old beta tester
    From Manipur to Milan, each nation has a story to tell.

well I would still love to see it

We can't share any part of the game with the community. Provinces.bmp included.

Oohh okay =(

anyway can't wait to buy the game

Regards Stigma

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The old videos and screenshots were made with the old renderer and a WIP user interface. Since then we polished the GUI, removed some fonts which looked cool, but some fans and betas complained that they are hard to read. We also got the new renderer from Paradox, the one used by EU3 DW (at first we only got the old one form EU3, but thanks to the community pressure, we made an agreement with them - thanks guys ), but this meant that we had to completely rebuild the map, virtually from scratch. Currently the map is 4x (or 6? I can't remember any more) as big as it was originally. You can imagine how hard is to draw the whole world while you graphical editor barely can control files with that size In the mean time, the map got new textures which are still in WIP phase here and there - on the seas for instance.
    So always check the date of the picture, because it is possible that they are obsolete.

Both the map and the interface elements are moddable by the way.
    Ah, I understand. I commend you all too!

It's also comforting to know the map is moddable; if the sea design from the WIP screens doesn't make the final cut, at least I'll be able to barely re-create it. :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast