+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Paradox survey, receive a free copy of CiM

Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by DXMC View Post
    I'd like to know what Paradox had to say about these invalid keys. I know it's a freebie but it was their offer. I took the survey, I expected a free game,
    I agree. It still doesn't work for me and if it doesn't by tonight I won't bother and delete the email.

I received my email with redeem-code at 05:00. It's now past 13:30 and the code does not work.

I tried copying the whole code into the "Add redeem code" input field, copying just the 6 blocks and adding the dashes, and typing it in manually.
    I'm wondering if the codes were only for people from a specific country, if someone stole codes or if something just went wrong between paradox and gamersgate.

I'll keep trying today and tomorrow.

I just tried mine again, now it's working on GamersGate but I can't register it here, I just get an invalid key message.

Whoops, tried to download it and just got error messages.It gets to the end of the download then puts up an error message about a problem with the server. I think thats about the end of my efforts to try and get this game.
    Last edited by DXMC; 05-04-2012 at 15:03.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

NOTE: Once you have successfully registered your free copy on Gamersgate, you can access your forum-code by clicking the Forum Key button (underneath the Download option). The forum-code is NOT the same as the Gamersgate key you received in your email.

===== ===== =====

Quote Originally Posted by DXMC View Post
    Whoops, tried to download it and just got error messages.It gets to the end of the download then puts up an error message about a problem with the server. I think thats about the end of my efforts to try and get this game.
    I suspect that Gamersgate's system is under a fair bit of pressure today, what with everyone trying to register and download their free copy. If it didn't work straight away, maybe try again later on?

Okay, I got the game
    I went back to Gamersgate (was still logged in) and before me, I saw a page stating that if I had received a code, I should enter it there. I did and the game was added to my library and could download it.

(What I did before was buy the game and enter the code on that page).

Edit; Whoops, proper thing to do would be to thank you guys for my free game offcourse!

Thank you very much

Please feel free to give us feedback and by registering your game you'll get access to the tech support forum. Colossal will be on Easter holiday, but if you have trouble we'll be back next Tuesday. You can find plenty of tips by searching in the forums also. I hope you enjoy Cities in Motion!

I'm sorry that I can't help with the key issues (that's publisher territory), but I hope you all get it working in the end

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Got my code registered and the game is already downloaded. I would have preferred a Steam code, since I have a Steam account already, but not a GamersGate one.

Quote Originally Posted by slornie View Post
    NOTE: Once you have successfully registered your free copy on Gamersgate, you can access your forum-code by clicking the Forum Key button (underneath the Download option). The forum-code is NOT the same as the Gamersgate key you received in your email.
    I would have never figured this out. Thanks.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Thank´s Paradox. I got my key today and it all works fine.
    Is it necessary to download all the patches, or is it sufficient to update with the latest 1.0.22 patch?

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

The latest patch (in this case 1.0.22) contains all the previous patches.

First Lieutenant Valhalla's Call's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

When I clicked that button, a prompt came up and said that GamersGate is currently out of serial keys and has contacted the publisher about the issue. I was a bit annoyed, but I'm guessing it's because they were either overwhelmed or unprepared to cope with however many free copies Paradox gave out. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue promptly.
    It's just like Jesus said; "he who builds his house on sand will be eaten by Shai-Hulud."

Saxoniae est imperare orbi universo - A EUIV Saxony AAR

Bienvenido a la Jungla, Tenemos Diversión y Juegos – A HoD Spain Mini-AAR

The Guy with the Mascara Zebedee's Avatar
    200k clubCities in MotionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Managed to get mine working (though you're out of serial keys it seems ). It's a stunningly beautiful game. Not really my cup of tea if I'm honest, but my gf's eyes lit up when we had a play of the tutorial together. Think it's a definite winner for her.

Thank you.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Thank you, Paradox!

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The latest patch (in this case 1.0.22) contains all the previous patches.
    Thank´s!

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderAncient Space

Thank you very much. I, too, note that Gamersgate appear to be out of Forum keys, but I'm sure that will be rectified.

The game appears to be very pretty. My machine is far too slow to really play, but thanks anyway!
    "Nature always obeys her own laws"
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalla's Call View Post
    When I clicked that button, a prompt came up and said that GamersGate is currently out of serial keys and has contacted the publisher about the issue. I was a bit annoyed, but I'm guessing it's because they were either overwhelmed or unprepared to cope with however many free copies Paradox gave out. Hopefully they'll resolve the issue promptly.
    Yeah me too. No free badge. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Still, thanks paradox for another free time-blackhole game!

Got the game working - thank you! But like others, I can't get a serial key for the forum yet. Hopefully GG fixes that soon.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX infinity View Post
    Okay, I got the game
    I went back to Gamersgate (was still logged in) and before me, I saw a page stating that if I had received a code, I should enter it there. I did and the game was added to my library and could download it.

(What I did before was buy the game and enter the code on that page).

Edit; Whoops, proper thing to do would be to thank you guys for my free game offcourse!

Thank you very much
    I have this problem, can not find where this redem code needs to be entered, I tried to buy the game and type the code there, but it does not work.
    How can I get to the GG redeam codes page?.

Edited: Now I found how to do it, it is in the left menu "My Account", then "Digital Copy", there you type the code and your game is added to the Library, from there, you get the Key to register the game.
    Last edited by jafloresl; 07-04-2012 at 07:04. Reason: Know the answer now.

The first game ever finished in Victoria II for me, a Multiplayer game I was the Game Master Rise of the Secondary Powers
    The Mexican Empire in Rise of the Secondary Powers MP game.
    My last HTTT MP, Grand Campaign.
    The best AAR I have ever seen.
    Well, this one also is very good CK AAR
    Austria in my first MP European Domination
    Excelent HOI3 Learning AAR by misterbean, Germany Tutorial Take 2

How to search in the Paradox forums.

I just wanted to thank you guys for my new copy of Cities in Motion! I will very likely now add some dlc to it and I am really enjoying the way it plays! Thank you Paradox!

I love free games!
    Thank you for this survey!

i recommend users this mod which will save you from depression after the game crashes when you redesign your entire transport infrastructure.

http://www.citiesinmotion.eu/download_detail.php?id=19

It allows you to autosave/quick save

Unfortunately I cannnot get it from the mod section ehre since GG has run out of keys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast