Paradox survey, receive a free copy of CiM

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah. I'm still trying to decide how to take that. Does it mean CiM has sold so poorly that they're desperate to get more players who wouldn't normally buy the game but may be tempted by the DLCs if they already have it?

CiM is getting a bit on the old side, and I guess by doing this, they can expect people who would not have bought the game at all to buy some DLC, while most people who want it already own it. And it is still new enough to be good PR.

Has anyone had their email back after filling in the survey with the Gamersgate code? I did mine about a week ago and it said it would be emailed in two days but had nothing so far.

Regarding the reasoning behind it I would say its to get more new users trying the game who will buy expansions and DLC if they get into it.

doesn't look CIM hasn't much commercial value any more.
g.gif

Just filled it in. To bad that I couldn´t get a choice of which place to get it from, would have prefered to get it directly via Steam since that´s the place I get the majority of my games from, but hey it´s free so I shouldn´t be whining about such a minor detail.

Alright, This sort of questionaire is great for two reasons. We are more likely to fill out the questionaire as we want a free game. Its another win for Paradox because, if like me, we never even looked at the game and now are all excited about getting a older game for free we now, since we spent nothing on it, are more likely to buy add on's and DLc's.
All of these pluses are negated when Paradox only gives the game, " in a few weeks". The time to submit ended on 3/31 the more time that passes the more I loose interrest in the "Fee Game" and the less likely they will make any money off me by buying added content. Our in boxes are bombared by so many email's if weeks go by and I forgot or began loosing interrest in the game I may even deleate the content they send thinking it may be junk mail. Don't forget if we were the type of people that gravitated to this game naturally we would have already bought it. Every day Paradox delays sending this game is more and more lost oppertunity to grow the title and its rumored 2nd installment

Just got my code, wondering if/what DLC is worth it to get.