+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox survey, receive a free copy of CiM

Cities in MotionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Paradox survey, receive a free copy of CiM

In case you missed it, Paradox currently has a survey out. Complete it to receive a free copy of CiM.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...t-a-free-game!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Naval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars

Yeah. I'm still trying to decide how to take that. Does it mean CiM has sold so poorly that they're desperate to get more players who wouldn't normally buy the game but may be tempted by the DLCs if they already have it?

Yeah, doesn't look CIM hasn't much commercial value any more.

But it seems CO is still alive atleast...
    CIM2:CIM1 Addons & Mods:
    ModManager - Big Underground Metro Station v5 - Elevated Tram Tracks - Tram Puzzle Pieces 0.6 - Extended Moneybar 0.4
    Creating Mods: CIM Internals Scratchpad - Modified gs_tools 2011-12-24

filled it in, just in case Steam calls it quits...

CiM is getting a bit on the old side, and I guess by doing this, they can expect people who would not have bought the game at all to buy some DLC, while most people who want it already own it. And it is still new enough to be good PR.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Has anyone had their email back after filling in the survey with the Gamersgate code? I did mine about a week ago and it said it would be emailed in two days but had nothing so far.

Regarding the reasoning behind it I would say its to get more new users trying the game who will buy expansions and DLC if they get into it.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete

On their Facebook post about the survey they said this:

Paradox Interactive We will send out emails with your game key after due date which is March 31st. Will let you know when you should have got it. Thanks :-)

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by slornie View Post
    On their Facebook post about the survey they said this:
    Ah, thank you.

doesn't look CIM hasn't much commercial value any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzurass View Post
    doesn't look CIM hasn't much commercial value any more.
    That might be true, but neither does Total War: Shogun 2:

Buy Fall of the Samurai and Get a FREE Copy of Total War Shogun 2 for a Limited Time!
    http://www.impulsedriven.com/shogun2fots

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

On their Facebook post about the survey they said this: We will send out emails with your game key after due date which is March 31st. Will let you know when you should have got it. Thanks :-)
    Thanks for putting this up so that us weirdos who don't use Facebook actually know what's going on.

Cities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

The last time Paradox gave away a game for free, it was Crusader Kings I. And shortly thereafter, Crusader Kings II was in development.

So, you may never know...

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMagicka
    March of the EaglesPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Just filled it in. To bad that I couldn´t get a choice of which place to get it from, would have prefered to get it directly via Steam since that´s the place I get the majority of my games from, but hey it´s free so I shouldn´t be whining about such a minor detail.
    "The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism—ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power" - Franklin. D Roosevelt, 1938

Am I the only one who still hasn't received it?

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    Elven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLead and GoldLegio
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I've not recieved it either, and i did the survey ages ago...
    Well, you can prove anything with facts....

The survey only closed yesterday, and today is a Sunday. Give them chance!

The survey only closed yesterday, and today is a Sunday. Give them chance!
    Indeed.

Although if it gets to be over a week with no game and no word from Paradox, maybe that would be a good time period to start worrying.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete

Alright, This sort of questionaire is great for two reasons. We are more likely to fill out the questionaire as we want a free game. Its another win for Paradox because, if like me, we never even looked at the game and now are all excited about getting a older game for free we now, since we spent nothing on it, are more likely to buy add on's and DLc's.
    All of these pluses are negated when Paradox only gives the game, " in a few weeks". The time to submit ended on 3/31 the more time that passes the more I loose interrest in the "Fee Game" and the less likely they will make any money off me by buying added content. Our in boxes are bombared by so many email's if weeks go by and I forgot or began loosing interrest in the game I may even deleate the content they send thinking it may be junk mail. Don't forget if we were the type of people that gravitated to this game naturally we would have already bought it. Every day Paradox delays sending this game is more and more lost oppertunity to grow the title and its rumored 2nd installment

Just got mine in my e-mail.

Benevolent Imperialist flame7926's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Just got my code, wondering if/what DLC is worth it to get.
    Come see my AAR: Scandinavia: 1890-1936 w/ Great Wars : Dead
    Try my user tweak for PDM mod Victoria 2. Winter, gaining cores, and more.
    Victoria 2 Pop Utility, works with any version
    White Man's Burden mod for Victoria 2. Greatly improves exploration and colonization, as well as rebellions and international affairs: Coming Soon
    Contact me by PM or at flame7926@gmail.com if you are interested in helping

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast