+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Original Empire (1700s) for A House Divided is ready

Original Empire (1700s) for A House Divided is ready (old mod for new game)

EDIT: (September 24th 2012: I took down the download links, because I want this mod to either work properly or not to be published at all. I am, like the rest of you, awaiting the REAL
    Empire mod for AHD and APD).

To make everything clear: This mod is NOT a new version of Empire. It is the old Empire mod for Victoria 2 1.3 (vanilla) which I have converted to be playable with A House Divided expansion.

----------

You need a fresh, clean install of Victoria 2 - A House Divided which has been patched to 2.21 BETA

I am unsure if this mod will work on a Steam version, I have tested it on a version from GamersGate.com

---------
    I managed to completely convert more than 90, if not 99 % of the original Empire mod (1.3.0 BETA from http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...887-Empire-Mod).

I thought this one deserves it own thread, which is why I am not posting it in the Empire thread or sub-forum.

It includes some new stuff such as GTFO mod (to remove countries from your Sphere of Influence), but it only works for some countries. I had to rename HRE (Holy Roman Empire) to HRO and in the meantime of converting the Empire mod to AHD, I rebalanced Denmark and Sweden. Denmark is now a Great Power, but perhaps it should just be a Secondary Power?

It will be impossible for me to make the whole world as accurate as possible, so my emphasis will primarily be on Denmark and the Scandinavian countries.

Denmark has new leaders, like Tordenskjold, Rewentlow and Frederik IV to re-balancing the Great Northern War in the 1700s.

To make everything clear: I am NOT the mod-leader, and I am NOT the author of this mod. All credits for the mapping of provinces, events, and decisions must go to the original developers of this mod (Mikeboy, Takedown etc.). I am only converting the project to be playable with AHD version 2.21 beta patch.

DOWNLOAD Empire for AHD (require AHD ver. 2.21 beta patch)

HOTFIX v3 (solves the issue with Mughalistan and Scotland troops stationed in London) (NEW: Updated. Removes Maratha troops from Amsterdam).

New in version 3: Fixed issue with recurring/spamming events.
    Last edited by victoriafan; 24-09-2012 at 21:29.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossMagickaSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Just asking, what would the correct checksum be?

Quote Originally Posted by ferben View Post
    Just asking, what would the correct checksum be?
    The checksum should be OJVC.

Any feedback yet..?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Devon, England, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    I can't seem to get it to work can you run me through what i am supposed to do (It freezes at Databases II) and says can't open files taiping i think that what its called under common/countries taiping.png

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by victoriafan View Post
    Any feedback yet..?
    I had a quick start as the Mughals, and they appear to have no troops whatsoever. The ones they have are located in London. Same goes for Scotland.
    Here be dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph L View Post
    I can't seem to get it to work can you run me through what i am supposed to do (It freezes at Databases II) and says can't open files taiping i think that what its called under common/countries Attachment 50004
    1. You need Victoria 2 with A House Divided-expansion pack, which should then be patched to 2.21 (not 2.2).
    It needs to be a clean install.

2. Place the EMP-folder and the EMP.mod file in the mod folder.

Launch the game, and check "Empire" before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by HabemusZlatan View Post
    I had a quick start as the Mughals, and they appear to have no troops whatsoever. The ones they have are located in London. Same goes for Scotland.
    I know.

It is a bug from the old Empire mod.

As I have stated in the original post, this mod is simply a conversion from the Vic2 1.3 to AHD 2.21.

I copy-pasted the units folder from the original Empire mod to the AHD converted version.

You can change the settings of the armies in mod/EMP/history/units folder. Go to ENG_oob.txt and change what needs to be changed.

I just made a hotfix for the Mughalistan-Scotland issue.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21378407/Emp...%20hotfix1.zip

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k club

How were the 1700's POPs done?

And the OOBs?
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrelvis View Post
    How were the 1700's POPs done?

And the OOBs?
    I don't know about the 1700's POPs, I just copied the POP files from the original Empire mod.
    As for the oob's I did the same, the new oob's for Scotland and Mughalistan were made very roughly simply by copying the Indian and Scottish regiments to Mughalistan and Scotland respectively, though.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Does this mod contain the Great Wars Mod?

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I get a CTD on start- with the Calculating paths bit

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    I get a CTD on start- with the Calculating paths bit
    What version are you running? I am unsure if this mod works with the steam version, and you need Vic2 AHD 2.21 beta patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Legions of Rome View Post
    Does this mod contain the Great Wars Mod?
    I don't think so.
    It does include the Great Northern War though.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Quote Originally Posted by victoriafan View Post
    What version are you running? I am unsure if this mod works with the steam version, and you need Vic2 AHD 2.21 beta patch.

I don't think so.
    It does include the Great Northern War though.
    Great Wars mod was included in orginal Empire mod ,So would it have survived the conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by Legions of Rome View Post
    Great Wars mod was included in orginal Empire mod ,So would it have survived the conversion?
    Maybe, maybe not. I am saying this because I left out a lot of events and other stuff that I thought was simply left-over from the author's previously installed mods which had nothing to do with the Empire project.

I had to carefully select the stuff that I thought had something to do with the 1700's. There are alot of extra countries which I think has nothing to do with the project, such as a country for each american state (the country tags starting with an X) but I included them in the conversion anyway.

Please also mind you that this conversion is NOT the full project. I expect, as I think many of you do, that Mikeboy, Takedown etc. are preparing an Empire version for AHD which includes A Pop Divided. This one is to quench the thirst for the 1700's until the finished project gets done.

In do, however, hope that this conversion gives modders an oppurtunity to contribute to the project, which is my actual original intend with this mod. It is not meant to be "played" as such, but to experiment with ideas for the up-comming Empire for AHD with APD included.

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

GG 2.21 is my version...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsman1219 View Post
    GG 2.21 is my version...
    Hmm... I really don't understand this...

Sorry I can't help you out with this.

Just updated the hotfix to remove Maratha troops from Amsterdam.

Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

I was robbed in the War of Spanish Succession!!

Hi Guys,

Playing V2 AHD v2.21.

I'm Munster and as a satellite of Austria I start the game at war with lovely old France, Spain and Bavaria!

Being a clever little so and so, I checked my politics / decisions tab and noticed the 'Fall of the Bourbons' decision which is available to me (as Munster) if the following conditions are met:

either

- France has war exhaustion greater than 50
    OR
    - Spain has war exhaustion greater than 50
    OR
    - Paris is occupied by MUNSTER
    OR
    - Madrid is occupied by MUNSTER

and either

- Vienna is NOT occupied by France
    OR
    - Vienna is NOT occupied by Spain

So I used my only NF to encourage Officers and once I'd enlisted a general, I enacted my daring plan to end the war. Munster only had 1 regiment and no more were likely to materialse any time soon. But if I risked all, who knows what might happen? My compact army soon found itself marching one province at a time westwards to the Channel in order to avoid the marauding French armys; turning south at the sea, I reached Paris, only to find I had attracted the attention of 5,000 French troops stationed nearby at Evreaux. It was time for Plan B: abandon Paris and head for Madrid. Unfortunately, the French were hot on my heels all the way to Bilbao, but I eventually reached the Spanish capital unhindered, with no armies to be seen anywhere. I was guessing that they'd all be fighting elsewhere and I was right - well, almost! Out of the fog of war, came that pesky French unit and battle was joined. I was going to be squashed, big time. But then, all of a sudden Austria offers France a White Peace and I'm saved!! I'm still fighting Spain, of course. The French leave me to submit Madrid to my will. I was a bag of nerves waiting for the occupation counter to reach 100% before the Spanish could send troops to relieve their capital. Success! I take Madrid in 135 days: war's over and I'm rich!!

Because, as my reward for meeting the above conditions (as stated in the tooltip) I get a bag of goodies including 100 prestige and 800,000 (I could do with that today IRL ) and Spain gets the Treaty of Utrect for her troubles.

So, what happens next? Er, for me, not a lot! The pop-up that tells me I've subjugated Madrid, in fact states that Austria successfully completed the occupation NOT me. Thanks

I assume Austria gets the 'Fall of Bourbon' event because mine has disappeared from my decisions tab.

And for good measure, Austria is now out of the war and lucky Munster, as her faithful satellite, is still bloody well stuck right in it!

And Madrid is no longer occupied, so I have to start right over. However, this time 22,000 Spaniards hove into view and all is lost because I can't get back over the Spanish / French border. Add to that looming crisis is the fact that as a satellite, I can't even negotiate my way out of the mess I'm in!!

So apologies for my rambling but I really expected a little more for my stroll down Las Ramblas.

The points are this:

-If I meet the conditions should I not reap the reward? So what happened to my Bourbon event?

-If Austria leaves the war shouldn't all of her satellites automatically stop fighting as well?

Hope you can help with this one. I (Munster) was hoping for a prolonged peace in which to spend my newly found wealth. No such luck, it seems!

Many thanks

Stiv

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast