Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope this game will be as polished as..

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I hope this game will be as polished as..

crusader kings 2, i don't know how many of you have played it but the presentation of the game and its stability are incredibly professional.

Overall i have been very impressed and hope that magna mundi will follow suit.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    crusader kings 2, i don't know how many of you have played it but the presentation of the game and its stability are incredibly professional.
    And it was also a game that bored or perhaps rather frustrated me after a week

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

CK2 was very well done, it was an incredible experience to play such a polished Paradox game, but it still suffers from the same things that always bugged me about all Paradox games (except Sengoku): They are absolutely game-able and totally implausible. I wish there would be a Magna Mundi mod for CK2 :|
    You must unlearn what you have learned

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by apg View Post
    That's because it is professional! CK2 is the best looking Paradox internaly developed title to this date, it had great marketing (the deadly sins videos are awesome), the graphics are absolutely great, no stability issues, it runs fast on most machines, and it has only minor bugs. Of course balance can be improved, of course there are gamey exploits and implausible expansion, but all that is moddable and adaptable to everyone's taste.

CK2 has been developed using the best of the best Paradox can offer after years of experience in game development. Magna Mundi is being developed by an entirely different team, by people with little or none previous experience in making games, who are not even full time game developers, and don't even work in the same place. Comparing both games is like comparing a James Cameron movie to that school project you made with your friends in the 5th grade (alright I'm exaggerating, that school project you made in high school).

So don't expect Magna Mundi to have the same level of presentation as CK2, that's unrealistic.
    Expect Magna Mundi to be Magna Mundi, nothing more and nothing less.
    We're still flying

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Meh, Magna Mundi is going to be light years better in it's content then CK2 can ever be.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I agree that it's unrealistic (and also unfair!) to expect the same level of polish from Magna Mundi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hister View Post
    Meh, Magna Mundi is going to be light years better in it's content then CK2 can ever be.
    Yeah this is why as someone who is already familiar with the MM team I don't care how well they present it. I already know that Magna Mundi will be far better than CK2.

I, too, expect it to deliver in content more than presentation, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It means there's room for at least one expansion.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Aulus View Post
    I, too, expect it to deliver in content more than presentation, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It means there's room for at least one expansion.
    The problem is with people (like me, I confess) that sees MM as EU4 so we're expecting something to that level.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
    The problem is with people (like me, I confess) that sees MM as EU4 so we're expecting something to that level.
    I think MM would/will for us be better than EU4 because Paradox designs quite ''vanilla'' games whereas UV knows its niche (depth & plausibility pretty much) and does it well. If a guy thinks EU3 is a complex, plausible, enjoyable game then he's gonna think EU4 will be even better but to jaded people like us... Magna Mundi is all there is

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect Universo Virtual to develop a polished game. Plenty of small studios release top notch games, if I didn't think this game was going to be polished I wouldn't be so interested in it. Even if it can't be perfected to the developer's ideals upon release, I'd expect it to be at least completed to the point where it can feasibly be perfected through patches.
    I'm also thinking of Magna Mundi as Europa Universalis' successor, I was unimpressed when III came out but all of the features in Magna Mundi I've heard about so far sound Excellent.

Studio Manager Paradox Dev Team Johan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    That's because it is professional! CK2 is the best looking Paradox internaly developed title to this date, it had great marketing (the deadly sins videos are awesome), the graphics are absolutely great, no stability issues, it runs fast on most machines, and it has only minor bugs. Of course balance can be improved, of course there are gamey exploits and implausible expansion, but all that is moddable and adaptable to everyone's taste.

CK2 has been developed using the best of the best Paradox can offer after years of experience in game development. Magna Mundi is being developed by an entirely different team, by people with little or none previous experience in making games, who are not even full time game developers, and don't even work in the same place. Comparing both games is like comparing a James Cameron movie to that school project you made with your friends in the 5th grade (alright I'm exaggerating, that school project you made in high school).

So don't expect Magna Mundi to have the same level of presentation as CK2, that's unrealistic.
    Expect Magna Mundi to be Magna Mundi, nothing more and nothing less.
    Professional developers are those that get paid to do a game. Both teams have gotten paid roughly similar amounts of money by a publisher to create a game, and both will be sold for money to customers.

Both games are developed professionally and will be sold professionally.

I am flattered about being compared to James Cameron, but my ck2 team is about 1/4th the size of the MM team, and had about half the development time. It has a lot of talented individuals, but several devs there had not made any games before CK2 started. With a competent designer and project leader like Doomdark though, a game can truly shine...

Me, King, Besuchov, etc were not involved directly in CK2 other than helping out at times.. And I've logged more hours on Magna Mundi while I was producer for it, than I did on CK2 in the same timeframe.

Magna Mundi will be released as a polished quality product.

Johan Andersson
    Studio Manager at Paradox Development Studio AB - Follow me at Twitter!

"A patch is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!"

For our Patching and Expansion Policy, read here...

Read here why EU4 requires steam!

Field Marshal
    57 games registered

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Well said Johan.

I never really got into EU3, as I'd already been "contaminated" by the Hearts of Iron series, and I found it difficult to get my head settled into a game with a different approach.

That's why I'm looking forward to Magna Mundi. It is going to be my first time to really get stuck into this kind of game. And with the reputation of the Devs, I'm doubly wanting it soon...

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Johan View Post
    Magna Mundi will be released as a polished quality product.
    Of course, I don't doubt that, or that both games are developed and sold professionaly, meaning both have high quality standards. What I meant was, (and I greatly exaggerated the comparison for humorous reasons) that both teams are completely different, and a Paradox internaly developed title has a lot more know-how and expertise, than a team of people who don't work full time on game development, that work from different cities/countries/continents, for a company that is developing a game for the first time. Different people, different stories, different games.
    We're still flying

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Excellent Johan, thanx for the insights!
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Quote Originally Posted by Descri View Post
    CK2 was very well done, it was an incredible experience to play such a polished Paradox game, but it still suffers from the same things that always bugged me about all Paradox games (except Sengoku): They are absolutely game-able and totally implausible. I wish there would be a Magna Mundi mod for CK2 :|
    Funny, i see this as a pro not a con. Adds to re-playability when the outcome is radically different.
    CKII is a game worth buying. As it is, out of the box.

I am very curious as to how MM turns out.
    A Game of Thrones - Total conversion mod.
    Modding Team Member aka Oga / Ogaburan.

F.A.S.T - Forgable Alternative Sword Themes SumMod for AGOT

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Ran Miller View Post
    Funny, i see this as a pro not a con. Adds to re-playability when the outcome is radically different.
    CKII is a game worth buying. As it is, out of the box.

I am very curious as to how MM turns out.
    But the different outcomes are only really worthwhile if you feel they could really happen. A great Granadan Empire is not what I'd call plausible.
    Also a lot of the times the outcomes of game like EU3 are implausible AND repeat themselves, for example the early fall of OE that happens right now, which is really odd from a game design perspective.

Basically I agree with you, but I want the many outcomes to feel as if they could've happened IRL.
    You must unlearn what you have learned

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Descri View Post
    Basically I agree with you, but I want the many outcomes to feel as if they could've happened IRL.
    And that's exactly what we're trying to achieve with Magna Mundi. This does not make the game deterministic, because we doN't have features which would determine the fate of a country, we just make things very likely to happen. But if you play enough games, you may see an OE collapsing, a HRE minor Austria, a never-existiong United Kingdom, a missed Reformation, a forever struggling pair of Castille and Aragon etc.
    It is not likely that these scenarios will occur, but there is a possibility.

In my CK2 game I am currently controlling Britain, Half of France and southern Italy without really breaking a sweat. I really hope this won't be possible with MMtG!

Game Breaking Bug DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dawkins View Post
    In my CK2 game I am currently controlling Britain, Half of France and southern Italy without really breaking a sweat. I really hope this won't be possible with MMtG!
    Hmmmm i think its a bit unfair to put "everything" into "polished" basket. I think what Johan and Paradox people mean by "most polished" game, is that there is nothing game breaking in it on release date; from technical point of view CK2 had the least CTDs of any Pdox game i tried (on release and even in patched versions in some cases), had practically all game features and mechanics work as designed and compared to some other titles was optimized so well that it makes me wish it was EU4 instead.

What you are talking about could probably be classified into game "balance", where the result of game has tendency to go ahistoric too much in most of the games. But the important thing to remember is that balance can be fixed with couple of patches (it takes a lot of time and effort to get it right, and even then it can never be perfect trust me), while broken mechanics, engine not optimized etc would probably take months if not an expansion to fix / get right.
    While Chosen One in absentia, Temporary Chosen One Of The Exalted Church of YEShans

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Provinces-Mod

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast