+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Steppe Wolf - Technical Support

Quetion: What would cause a crash of the game at no particular point in time, but near the same point. Like in my Zirid game, I am thoroughly enjoying it but when I get on I can play a little bit of time and then crash. I can get back on and play again, and it will crash again, sometimes a little later than last time or sooner. But, it happens every time I start my save.

Would an event cause this? If not what would and how can I fix it?

Thanks to all who reply. I love this mod, and I have about 4 or 5 days in my save and I would love any help getting it to work.

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gsamal View Post
    Quetion: What would cause a crash of the game at no particular point in time, but near the same point. Like in my Zirid game, I am thoroughly enjoying it but when I get on I can play a little bit of time and then crash. I can get back on and play again, and it will crash again, sometimes a little later than last time or sooner. But, it happens every time I start my save.

Would an event cause this? If not what would and how can I fix it?

Thanks to all who reply. I love this mod, and I have about 4 or 5 days in my save and I would love any help getting it to work.
    Combination of two thin gs - the interface issue and several modifiers. I have an advice for all of you - keep your save game files, because there is possibility that the next mod would be compatible. I'll make my best to enable this.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

this mod looks amazing but i'm having one major problem: Naval battles don't work. Every time a naval battle happens, no ships get hurt, the morale doesn't change, and the battle never ends. Also when i assault a province none of my troops get hurt, but their morale still goes down.

EDIT: In naval battles, regardless of starting morale, one side ends up with 40% morale and the other side has 41%.
    Last edited by fotc77; 09-04-2012 at 00:31.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

Somehow I got it to work, thanks. But I have a problem with land battles in modern times, which is the opposite of naval battles in early times, the problem the previous poster had. in modern-day battles, the morale just collapses on both sides in the first day or two, and the smaller army just gets annihilated.

Just downloaded the new version of the mod. Ive attempted to play the game starting in the year 475 as the following countries:-
    Northumberland
    London
    Wessex
    Angles
    Mercia

With each of them the game spams me with what I think is the same event, both options in this event is named "Missing Localisation" and it then promptly crashes within the first year of game play.
    I also found that Northumberland is able to form Great Britain without forming England first.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rkb53 View Post
    Just downloaded the new version of the mod. Ive attempted to play the game starting in the year 475 as the following countries:-
    Northumberland
    London
    Wessex
    Angles
    Mercia

With each of them the game spams me with what I think is the same event, both options in this event is named "Missing Localisation" and it then promptly crashes within the first year of game play.
    I also found that Northumberland is able to form Great Britain without forming England first.
    RKB53, thank you for the report. There is mistake in map_of_neighbours.txt event. To fix this issue, please download the attachment (map_of_neighbours.txt) and paste it in steppe wolf/event folder.

Success depends on forethought videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Still crashes on loading history with new version same explanation about luneburg in history provinces 532 can't read line 433

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Still crashes on loading history with new version same explanation about luneburg in history provinces 532 can't read line 433
    Strange thig is that there's no line 433 .

Could you try this file http://www.gamefront.com/files/21628...uneburg_VV.txt in your game. I guess the problem is from characters of capital name.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

This is what i get
    I really want to play this mod
    I have windows 7 (x86) and my pc is new.In my old pc (which was xp) it could play steppe wolf with no crash

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Quin View Post
    RKB53, thank you for the report. There is mistake in map_of_neighbours.txt event. To fix this issue, please download the attachment (Attachment 53350) and paste it in steppe wolf/event folder.
    No more event spam, but the game still crashes in the first year of game play.
    The countries i mentioned earlier still have no leaders.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rkb53 View Post
    No more event spam, but the game still crashes in the first year of game play.
    The countries i mentioned earlier still have no leaders.
    You are playing The game in English?
    You are playing EU 3, but not 5.2 beta patch?
    You are playing some steam version of the game?

I tried those countries, and no crash for me.

Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post

This is what i get
    I really want to play this mod
    I have windows 7 (x86) and my pc is new.In my old pc (which was xp) it could play steppe wolf with no crash
    And now, with new province file? Still crash?

Europa Universalis IV

yes

You are playing The game in English?
    You are playing EU 3, but not 5.2 beta patch?
    You are playing some steam version of the game?

I tried those countries, and no crash for me.
    Playing in english
    Playing Via steam
    Tried both 5.2 and 5.1

EDIT:
    Another fresh install of EU3 and reapplication of mod and 5.2 BETA appeared to fix my problems thus far.
    Thanks for the help.

EDIT 2:
    Now crashes February third year of game play without fail.
    Last edited by rkb53; 29-04-2012 at 18:52.

Europa Universalis IV

Ok fixed my problem thanks to a person but now i get spammed as khazars a "Missing Localisation!" with two options that both do nothing
    And it crashed after 2 years

Blog Entries
    There is mistake in map_of_neighbours.txt event. To fix this issue, please download the attachment (Attachment 53350) and paste it in steppe wolf/event folder.

Europa Universalis IV

Thanks

Europa Universalis IV

As ostrogoths i crashed

It says I need the 5.2 patch in order to play this mod which was apparently released in late April. I cannot find where to get this patch. Could someone link it to me, becuase this new mod isn't working without it. Thanks

Just kidding, I got it to work anyway. But now when I play I get this odd event that says nothing but Missing Localization with two options of the same name, and this even occurs quite often. Anyone else having this issue? It's fairly annoying. Thanks

But is there a 5.2 patch i'm missing?
    Last edited by gsamal; 01-05-2012 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by gsamal View Post
    It says I need the 5.2 patch in order to play this mod which was apparently released in late April. I cannot find where to get this patch. Could someone link it to me, becuase this new mod isn't working without it. Thanks

Just kidding, I got it to work anyway. But now when I play I get this odd event that says nothing but Missing Localization with two options of the same name, and this even occurs quite often. Anyone else having this issue? It's fairly annoying. Thanks

But is there a 5.2 patch i'm missing?
    There is mistake in map_of_neighbours.txt event. To fix this issue, please download the attachment (Attachment 53350) and paste it in steppe wolf/event folder.
    Here's the 5.2 beta topic http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-checksum-ZZFZ

ok, that Attachment 53350 fixed the my first problem where it plain wasn't working, but there is still a very persistent "Missing Localisation!" event that I have no idea what to do about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast