+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 160

Thread: Steppe Wolf - Technical Support

  1. #21
    Tzar of Vitosha Dr_Quin's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria, Sofia
    Posts
    506
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    Are there my problems because i have windows 7?
    For sure not - I'm on Windows 7.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

  2. #22
    Field Marshal videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where no man has gone before!
    Posts
    3,189
    In versana vlasta you have two lubeck txts with same number
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

  3. #23
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Can't load the mod past Loading Databases. I have the correct checksum, the latest version, I've done a clean re-install, cleared my cache, and tried using the JSGME mod loader as well as the normal loader. I'm using the Gamersgate version of the game.
    Anything else I can do? Game is running by default with admin privileges, and compatibility with Windows XP SP2. Also disabled visual themes and desktop composition. I'm using Windows 7 SP1. I play in English.
    Does nobody have an idea to the source of this problem? The only thing I can think of is to redownload the mod, but that doesn't really make much sense, since the archive worked perfectly for me.

  4. #24
    Colonel Coronad'arago's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Viladecans, Barcelona
    Posts
    1,070
    Hi, I'm from spanish forums, sorry for my english (is not very good) VineFynn there's an other directory, on Windows7, in virtual store.

    C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III Chronicles

    Try deleting this directory too.

    This mod is really good, but needs more events and national decisions
    Nueva MP de los sábados Honoris Causa

  5. #25
    Field Marshal videonfan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Where no man has gone before!
    Posts
    3,189
    I have my pc in greek language and can't understand which files those are in greek
    I have eu 3 from steam
    [22:23:51] <Groogy> Mathrim, give it to me gently
    What Crusader Kings 2 makes you say:
    [19:23:43] <Duke> I just need my damn wife to die
    [19:23:48] <Duke> Then I can invade and take their shit

  6. #26
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronad'arago View Post
    Hi, I'm from spanish forums, sorry for my english (is not very good) VineFynn there's an other directory, on Windows7, in virtual store.

    C:\Users\YOUR USER\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III Chronicles

    Try deleting this directory too.
    Thanks! I'll try that at the next opportunity.
    Edit: That didn't work It would appear that my EU3 is in a place (secondary partition) where it doesn't need to have admin rights to copy to it's folder, so it does just that. In other words, my game has no need for a VirtualStore folder, therefore it has none. Any idea what things it puts in there?

    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    I have my pc in greek language and can't understand which files those are in greek
    I have eu 3 from steam
    "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis 3" is roughly the location of that virtual store directory. I can't help you with the translation, however
    Last edited by VineFynn; 21-03-2012 at 12:52.

  7. #27
    Colonel Coronad'arago's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Viladecans, Barcelona
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that at the next opportunity.
    Edit: That didn't work It would appear that my EU3 is in a place (secondary partition) where it doesn't need to have admin rights to copy to it's folder, so it does just that. In other words, my game has no need for a VirtualStore folder, therefore it has none. Any idea what things it puts in there?


    "C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis 3" is roughly the location of that virtual store directory. I can't help you with the translation, however
    Do you have the 5.1 patch? I don't know what is the problem... but this should work, this mod I had a problem sometime ago and now works perfect! (the problem was expired, and I didn't do anything, it was the famous problem "eu3game.exe dejó de funcionar", it's spanish, but in english: "eu3game.exe ceased to function") google translator....
    Nueva MP de los sábados Honoris Causa

  8. #28
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    YES! It's working now! Thank you guys for all your help. Coincidentally, just as I read Coronad'arago's post, I did another clean reinstall of the game, and it worked! Seems like Coronad'arago's method of doing bugger all is a perfectly legitimate way of getting this mod to work.
    Now to conquering the world as Australia..
    For future people having this problem, loading the mod was the first thing I did with the game after cleanly re-installing and patching to 5.1, no admin rights, nothing.

  9. #29
    Colonel PdoxNewbie's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Sultante of Byzantium
    Posts
    1,173
    I tried to, after downloading this mod, get it onto the actual option list you get in the launch screen. However, while in this process, the AppData folder in my computer just disappeared without a trace. Can someone tell me what could have went wrong and maybe how to get it back?

  10. #30
    Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    95
    Im not sure if this is the right place, but in my Viking game, I noticed their was no port in Gotland, or Halogaland(?) the tiny island next to Juteland also the isle of Aland between Finland and Sweden should have straights for both sides, thanks

  11. #31
    Colonel Coronad'arago's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Viladecans, Barcelona
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by VineFynn View Post
    YES! It's working now! Thank you guys for all your help. Coincidentally, just as I read Coronad'arago's post, I did another clean reinstall of the game, and it worked! Seems like Coronad'arago's method of doing bugger all is a perfectly legitimate way of getting this mod to work.
    Now to conquering the world as Australia..
    For future people having this problem, loading the mod was the first thing I did with the game after cleanly re-installing and patching to 5.1, no admin rights, nothing.
    Perfect!!! Good for you!!
    Nueva MP de los sábados Honoris Causa

  12. #32
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by PdoxNewbie View Post
    I tried to, after downloading this mod, get it onto the actual option list you get in the launch screen. However, while in this process, the AppData folder in my computer just disappeared without a trace. Can someone tell me what could have went wrong and maybe how to get it back?
    Is it compressed (If it is, uncheck your hard drive from compressing contents to save space, if I remember correctly that causes issues with a few things, never gone near the option myself)?
    Also check to make sure it isn't hidden. Check your recycling bin (obvious, yeah) and run the command "set" (no inverted commas) in command prompt. Check to see if there's any mention of the AppData folder in there.
    Was there anything you needed in there (other than saves, which are obviously important)? You might be able to recover it using a hard drive file restoration utility. You don't actually need the folder to run EU3 however, you can run it with admin privileges or outside of the program files folder (unless you've got it on steam).
    How it could have happened.. If I recall correctly EU3 uses the VirtualStore folder that is in the Local folder inside AppData to store saves and cache files, etc. Not sure how it could end up deleting it, but it's a possibility.
    No trace of this kind of problem on Google, either.

  13. #33
    Hey Guys, I usually don't post in forums but this mod is so much fun I figured I need to.

    I started a game as Milan in the beginning of the HRE (920? 930?). Bulgaria went berzerk, conquered lots of Russia and Greece, and is busy colonizing the rest of Russia. I wanted to form Italy/reform Rome so I conquered all the provinces that it said I needed to, but it still won't let me form Rome even though all the asterisks are green. Are there some requirements that don't fit on the screen?

    It just recently got really hard because Bulgaria has several little allies on my border who are always attacking me because they know Bulgaria is by far the strongest country in the world and will probably crush me. Within a week of Bulgaria declaring war, the entire continent of Europe and some of Africa declares war on me. I usually blitz the smaller country and force them into a peace, and them making peace drags Bulgaria into a peace as well. As soon as I get a peace with Bulgaria, every single one of the countries who just attacked me asks for a white peace. This has happened a bunch of times and it probably won't stop until Bulgaria dies or I conquer the world. Is this a common problem or is this just the way my game is going?

    Also I can't get past 1114, because halfway through that year the game crashes. I tried backing up the save and reinstalling the mod but it still crashes. It's really a bummer because I was enjoying it a lot and was looking forward to being able to play past 1900, which for some reason you can't do in vanilla or any other working mod. I'm running version 1.11 on a Windows Vista with steam. Is there anything I can do? Would it be worth it to post the save file?

    Thanks! I'm not trying be negative, I just really enjoy your mod and want to keep playing.

  14. #34
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Hey Guys, I usually don't post in forums but this mod is so much fun I figured I need to.

    I started a game as Milan in the beginning of the HRE (920? 930?). Bulgaria went berzerk, conquered lots of Russia and Greece, and is busy colonizing the rest of Russia. I wanted to form Italy/reform Rome so I conquered all the provinces that it said I needed to, but it still won't let me form Rome even though all the asterisks are green. Are there some requirements that don't fit on the screen?

    It just recently got really hard because Bulgaria has several little allies on my border who are always attacking me because they know Bulgaria is by far the strongest country in the world and will probably crush me. Within a week of Bulgaria declaring war, the entire continent of Europe and some of Africa declares war on me. I usually blitz the smaller country and force them into a peace, and them making peace drags Bulgaria into a peace as well. As soon as I get a peace with Bulgaria, every single one of the countries who just attacked me asks for a white peace. This has happened a bunch of times and it probably won't stop until Bulgaria dies or I conquer the world. Is this a common problem or is this just the way my game is going?

    Also I can't get past 1114, because halfway through that year the game crashes. I tried backing up the save and reinstalling the mod but it still crashes. It's really a bummer because I was enjoying it a lot and was looking forward to being able to play past 1900, which for some reason you can't do in vanilla or any other working mod. I'm running version 1.11 on a Windows Vista with steam. Is there anything I can do? Would it be worth it to post the save file?

    Thanks! I'm not trying be negative, I just really enjoy your mod and want to keep playing.
    Well, first of all I can assure you yours is a unique case with the crash at 1114 since I recently played past that as Byzantium. I think the intelligent wars module is doing the work here, since the AI can recognize you are in a terrible position to be at war in, and wouldn't have declared war otherwise. I remember playing as Byzantium and fighting the Abbasids and Armenia (who I had crushed to a pulp earlier and was planning to annex anyway) declared war on me. I guess they saw I was in a bad position, but the AI obviously didn't think about the consequences of actually being attacked by me despite being smack bang in the middle of my territory. I won the war anyway and was better because of it. By the way, in this situation it would probably be a good idea to upload the save since it would appear to be an isolated case (i.e. not the fault of the mod but a fault of the save).
    That Restoring Rome thing might be bugged, I remember someone mentioning something like that.

  15. #35
    Private
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ,United States
    Posts
    16
    I am having problems with the game crashing to the desktop. From what I can tell it looks to be a problem with corrupted save game files. But here's the catch, it has happened to me several times using different save game files, playing two different countries, and has occurred at several points in the game. I have tried creating new save files every so often an reverting back to them when it happens, but it still happens. Any ideas?

    Edit: Ok, I don't think it's a problem with corrputed save game files unless one can infect another. I have completely uninstalled the game, deleted all files, reinstalled the game, and tried the save games again. I have even tried loading completely new games and saving them as completely new files. Still not working.
    Last edited by cactuspete13; 28-03-2012 at 13:55.

  16. #36
    VeF Economic Patriarch VineFynn's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Not creating bugfixes
    Posts
    443
    I'm not sure if this goes in this thread, but I'm not getting any country history at all for Byzantium despite all of my actions and having played 150 years. Patch 1.02 added history for Byzantium, so I'm not sure whats going on there.

  17. #37
    Private Vlad1917's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northeast U. S.
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by videonfan View Post
    When it loads it crashes on loading history files
    further investigation shows that there is a problem with loading luneburg province txt in history/provines i think
    I'm having the same problem with this mod. I'm using the 5.2 beta patch.

  18. #38
    Tzar of Vitosha Dr_Quin's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria, Sofia
    Posts
    506
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuspete13 View Post
    I am having problems with the game crashing to the desktop. From what I can tell it looks to be a problem with corrupted save game files. But here's the catch, it has happened to me several times using different save game files, playing two different countries, and has occurred at several points in the game. I have tried creating new save files every so often an reverting back to them when it happens, but it still happens. Any ideas?

    Edit: Ok, I don't think it's a problem with corrputed save game files unless one can infect another. I have completely uninstalled the game, deleted all files, reinstalled the game, and tried the save games again. I have even tried loading completely new games and saving them as completely new files. Still not working.
    I experienced the same thing and played a lot to found out it is something with the interface. I would get rid of this

    I haven't tried yet 5.2 so can't say anything about the compatibility. When I found the fix I will return and announce it. Also I followed the posts here and there, and fixed many minor things as duplicate files, history.

    About the island between Sweden and Finland - forget about the straights - It will make Finland easy prey for Sweden.

    Also thank you about finding solution about steam issue.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

  19. #39
    Private
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper Fi

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    ,United States
    Posts
    16
    "something with the interface. I would get rid of this"? What are you talking about?

  20. #40
    Tzar of Vitosha Dr_Quin's Avatar
    Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Bulgaria, Sofia
    Posts
    506
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuspete13 View Post
    "something with the interface. I would get rid of this"? What are you talking about?
    It could be units sprites or ships. Not quite sure yet.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts