• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lighthearter

The Ship's Magician
41 Badges
May 15, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH
  • Knights of Honor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
Imperium Off Topicum 2: Paradoxian Risk!​

To Join:

O8cOX.png

Pick a province. And pick a color.

CONGRATS. YOU HAVE JOINED.

Yes, it's that simple. Anything else is 100% completely optional(but appreciated).

Each territory gives 1IP. You can buy either a navy or an army with 1IP. Both are represented on the map and can move 1 province/turn. Claiming neutral territories requires you to move armies into them. Armies can move into the water like normal, but at sea they CANNOT defend themselves and are completely at the mercy of enemy navies.

Navies cannot move on land. The Suez and Panama Canals do not exist.

You MUST post your REAL AND CORRECT build orders in the thread. However, your movement orders may be PM'd - or even faked in the thread and the real ones PMd.

Unifying a continent under your banner(and only yours) gives a bonus -

North America: 25IP
South America: 15IP
Europe: 25IP
Asia: 30IP
Oceania: 10IP
Africa: 20IP

That's all. Have fun!

There is only one way to win: Be the last man standing across the entire globe. There are no holds barred on HOW - be as diabolical, backstabbing and manipulative a monster as you have the stomach to be!

-L

The Invertebrate Confederation

O8cOX.png

After years of Pollution poisoning the air and water it's lethal Effects where finally realised by the People of Earth. It started small a few people here and there deep in the Amazon disappeared nothing too unusual and governments around the world failed to realise the Threat that was posed to all life on Earth. However Finally after months of these small scale disappearances it came entire villages were wiped off the map and large areas of the deep Amazonian Rainforest were cut off from any communication and all who entered vanished. It escalated rapidly after this with bigger and bigger towns going off the Radar. Military units were deployed to the Area but no survivors of these units ever came out. Information on what they were fighting only came out when this enemy attack the City of Manaus. Unlike other places it was well defended enough not to fall instantly and they were able to send several communications informing the world of the Foe they faced came out. It seems that rampant pollution had mutated previously small and largely harmless Invertebrates like Ants, Beatles and Spiders into massive killing machines and having gained a rudimentary form of advanced intelligence they realised that humans where the treat they all faced and organised themselves into a massive confederation of Invertebrates bent on enslaving humanity to ensure there own survival. Large scale raids against the Edge of their territory by Military forces led to the capture of several Specimens on which research could be done leading to an understanding that contrary to several widely believed theories that they had simply grown bigger and would suffer without enough oxygen were false as they had evolved with more complex brains and even organs not seen in life forms like hearts and lungs. It seemed that the Invertebrates were taking Vertebrate traits to overthrow them and then take control. As the Situation worsened governments in the Area began to collapse in the Face of this unstoppable menace who cunningly used terrain to make up for their lack of advanced weapons and used novel Ideas like firing acid to make up for their weakness in terms of lacking hands to hold guns or work Vehicles. Soon the Entire Amazon region was under their control and they looked set to spread their Influence out of the Rainforest and into Terrain that seemed less suited for them like mountains and open country. In the former the cold could have easily killed them while in the later they were vulnerable to Human weaponry firing upon them from great Distances at which they could not respond. However Humanity's governments had collapsed preventing Organised Resistance to them easing expansion.

OOC: Is that Ok? My colour is the one the text is in ok. Hoping this'll be good.

The Holy United States Of Katanga

Province: Katanga
Colour: Red
Brilliant flag:
X0GOc.png

Brief History:

After completing his travels, studying the far flung jungles of India, the young Johnny Africa decided that it was time to go back home. Ever since he found out his true origin and heritage, his biggest dream was to return to his homeland and unite the peoples under one banner. After building a boat out of recycled materials that totally did not harm the environment and were not tested on any animals, he set sail, crossing the Indian Ocean in just 14 days, and landing on the western Katangan shore (He might have had his map upside down. Who knows.). From there he travelled into the bush, talking to the various men who held power. Using his personal charm and stolen Chinese goods, he managed to convince them that he was in fact a prophet, and that they needed to follow him in order to reach salvation and eternal life on the holy grasslands. Soon enough the local peasantry constructed the first palace, into which he promptly moved in, along with his numerous wives, husbands, concubines and domestic animals. Thus the H.U.S.K. were born - a small country now, an empire... well, probably not.

OOC: Huzzah! As you see I've kept it fairly realistic.

Last edited:
The United Kingdom of Fairies.
Flag:
LsdYh.jpg

Brief History on our uhm transportation into this world.

After nearly killing Reimu on easy modo, someone had transported all fairies from Gensokyo to this weird world. It was most likely that Sanae person. Sanae is a good girl. But she stole Sakuya's place! Now, eye am Cirno, and eye AM THE STRONGEST. Eye am the queen of all fairies and now we shall conquer this world in order to finally be uncontested in our claims of being the strongest! We place ourselves in southern Honshu, much different from Gensokyo. Now, our armies are extremely good at sending all of their men at the enemy and winning... most of the time. Now who eye am? Eye am Cirno and eye shall kill you with Icicle fall! Prepare to die! And as such, the United Kingdom of Fairies was born in Honshu. The religion is the worship of the number nine and burning or insulting the number equals in the punishment of having to endure icicle fall... FOREVER! This Asia place, is my playground!

EDIT: It was your horrible flag that made me wanna do a Cirno flag! What is this heresy!

Last edited:
OK, so this doesn't look like it's going to start soon, so I'll chip in, but let me know if it starts before the 24th, because I won't be able to commit until after that day.

The Kingdom of Livonia
Colour: Gold
Flag:
Flag_LVN.png

History: After the European Civil War most countries in Europe became free-for-all battlegrounds, ripe for opportunists. One such opportunist was Andis Ozols, a lieutenant in the Latvian armed forces before the civil war. When the war broke out, he was one of the leaders of the successful coup which instituted General Janis Valinieks as head of state. Upon the general's unfortunate death four months later, Andis took control of the country, assassinating some and bribing others, which left him the de facto leader of Latvia. Upon stabilizing the country, Andis turned his ambitions southward, towards the severely weakened Lithuania. Facing danger from the South and East, the Lithuanians welcomed the Latvian army with a safe dose of cynicism, but many thought this was far from the worst possible scenario. After pushing south into Belarus, the Latvians were repelled by the still undermanned Belarussian army and their allies, the Russians, who, facing internal conflict of their own, could not dedicate many troops. A peace was settled: the Latvians would return Lida to Belarus, but would get Kaliningrad in return. With the country now twice its former size, a period of peace followed, which would last for more than a year. It was in early 20XX that the Republic of Latvia-Lithuania, as it was called at the time, faced a new threat from Scandinavia. Finland had been quick to recover from the crisis and annexed their cultural brothers the Estonians. This caused much borders friction, as with Russia's collapse it was clear that they would vie for domination in Northeastern Europe. The Finns invaded early next spring, hoping to use their numerical and technological advantage, however, flooding was especially severe that Spring, which gave the Baltics enough time to mobilize and take up positions. By July the Finns were pushed back to their borders and by September nearly all of Estonia was under Latvian control. The peace treaty was signed on the 22nd of November that year. Finland ceded Estonia, Saaremaa and Hiumaa and was forced to pay reparations. This treaty secured Latvia's position as the leading power of Northeastern Europe. Despite some unrest from the Estonian population, Andis Ozols crowned himself King of Livonia on the 16th of December. His full title includes King of Livonia, Grand Duke of Lithuania, Duke of Estonia, Margrave of Kaliningrad and Count of Saaremaa. With his new title came new responsibility - he had to show power and that meant conquering more land...

I must admit, this game intrigues me. I am thinking of joining as the New Confederate States of America.

It looks fun.

New Confederate States in Africa would be... interesting.

Zealand

Who needs a new one when there's a perfectly good one right here? (No Denmark does not exist!)

Flag:

Color: Light Blue, of course.

After the collapse of the planet, the proud people of New Zealand decided it was high time they were recognized! They were no longer the new Zealanders of Britain, and those darn Danish don't dare claim ownership on the name! The people of Wellington overthrew their British government, and installed liberté, égalité, and fraternité in the land under their new President Napoleon! Everyone in New- NO, no new- everyone in ZEALAND was secretly French! Oui, Oui!

Why? My girlfriend's from Wellington, so why not.

Suirantes, that's definitely going to be an eyesore!​

Last edited:
I just noticed that my nation is ruled by a Queen and that will never change and it is still called a kingdom! Makes absolutely perfect sense.

Nobody minds if I watch and occasionally post from the sidelines, right? This looks like it'll be quite amusing, but I'm working on my own OT war-game and I don't think I could manage fully participating in both.

For some reason the map has a weird tint that makes all the colours which are similar end up looking the same. Your colour looks exactly like mine.

tamius, I already took light blue!

Mapwise, I had the same issue as Thandros.

Hmm, now where and as what country should I join...so many ideas.

EDIT:

The Spacious Empire of Wyoming. Province: Great Plains. Colour: 255:255:255 (RGB) (i.e. white)

empirewyomingstarsmall.png

Flag of the Empire of Wyoming​

As the United States of America collapsed all around it, Wyoming endured. Due to extensive forward-planning, Wyoming managed to not only survive the collapse but also prosper. The mighty Wyoming military was swift in establishing control of the entirety of the Great Plains. The original states in the plains had all collapsed, making it easy for Wyoming to fill the vacuum. After these initial conquests and the cementing of Wyomingite lordship over the Great Plains, the Empire of Wyoming was proclaimed.

Flag of the Imperial Army

View attachment 50437

Flag of the Imperial Navy

View attachment 50436

Last edited:
OOC: I see what you did thar.