+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Message to the devs!!!

Message to the devs!!!

First of all you have possibly made my life a paradise.

Second of all just got done watching this http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2...ml?sid=6365126

Thirdly I would love to throw out some suggestions from a long time M&B/CRPG player... M&B native multiplayer is pretty much dead probably about70% of the traffic of the whole game is run through CRPG a fantastic MOD in some respects, and quite terrible in others.

I would like to just say you should take a look at the good and the bad for instance, the character progression is what M&B should have been (not just levels mind you but stat points as well) you can full customize how much strength (power strike, Iron flesh, power draw, power throw) or agi (Athletics, Riding, Weapon Master, Shield, Horse archery) your character has, This intense customization was phenomenal. In turn you saw builds all across the spectrum anything from 7str 33agi (with a spear/Light xbow just kiting and stabbing or reloading) to
    36str 3 agi (with heavy armor slow moving but just completely obliterate someone with a single swing) and everything in between the two

Also strategeous which was the single player map of M&B Warband but clans would fight over keeps castles and villages in online battles using the maps of the locations them selves which created a very compelling/fun thing to continue to fight over.

I hope you can take some of these suggestions into consideration i know Mikail Yazbeck knows a lot about the things i have covered here.

In closing, i hope you guys might have gotten some good ideas from my ramblings and I hope you could leave some feedback or something on this post about what u guys like dislike or already are considering.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!

Sincerely,

Epoch

EDIT: Since no one realizes what i'm trying to say i'm just gonna state it blatantly here.... cRPG has some pretty sweet concepts added to Warband, NO THE GAME ISN'T BALANCED!!! i know that, That's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that the ideas behind it are good but poorly implemented. I don't care if you think native is more populated, cause its not nor is MM. The game as a whole is IMBA so stop arguing about it.

All I'm sayin is that the deep customization in the aspect of character progression is very nice and it would be cool to see some of that past perks and armor/weapon proficiency
    Last edited by cwliias; 12-03-2012 at 22:32. Reason: Reading comprehension of this forum is sub par

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireSemper FiMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Thirdly I would love to throw out some suggestions from a long time M&B/CRPG player... M&B native multiplayer is pretty much dead probably about70% of the traffic of the whole game is run through CRPG a fantastic MOD in some respects, and quite terrible in others.
    I'm guessing you:a) Don't look at the list of native servers a whole lot
    b) Have no clue that other mods also exist and have higher populations that cRPG. (mm Russia springs to mind)
    "There are no limits to what science can explore."

-Ernest Solvay, Belgian Chemist

well back when I used to play crpg a year ago I'd look at servers list and crpg was always like 90% of the players on all m&b servers. maybe thats different now, but think its besides the OP's point.

Aw hell no. CRPG is absolute terrible; and part of War of the Roses purpose is to not base the game off of progressing in statistics. CRPG does not have balanced gameplay and does not serve as a fair competitive field. It also discourages new players which also strikes against the purpose of War of the Roses.

Also, GK Siege is a US Native Siege server and reaches max population every day.

Welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by cwliias View Post
    M&B native multiplayer is pretty much dead probably about70% of the traffic of the whole game is run through CRPG a fantastic MOD in some respects, and quite terrible in others.
    I lol'd. Native is alive and kicking mate, the European Native League, (which has 3 full divisions of clans participating in it,) and Nations Cup tournament are proof of that.

cRPG is the biggest M&B: Warband mod, with that I agree, but I think Native still has more regular players, (one glance down the server list tells me that.)

its true that crpg has imbalance between new players and people who play alot, this is part of the game I don't like. It didn't used to be so bad before they added hierlooms. you don't have to start out level 1 tho you can make an instant lvl 30 now, but always be at a slight disadvantage to grinders.

the balance overall tho in terms of animations, weapon stats, fixes, cavalry, archery etc. is MUCH MUCH more balanced than native. native suffers from more animation abuse, dueling in native is just sad. There are alot of general balancing things which mean I could never go back to native. for example lancing from horseback has been insanely overpowered since warband beta (I was there), but in crpg they reduced the degree you can aim your lance, so no more ridiculous poking people behind you. no more stabbing your sword through the ground then into a player to hide the blow, no more poleaxes in 2h grip etc. etc. etc.

I could go on forever there are alot of subtle changes that make going from crpg to native as difficult as going from warband back to m&b 1.011 (which I did recently for tld mod).

Some of the little tweaks are a slight improvement I agree, but you can not beat Native for balance and fairness, (hence the massive competitive playerbase native has.)

In my opinion cRPG was always and has always been a bunch of people swinging blindly to get more monies. No tactics involved, no group play, just get what you can for yourself...

I wouldnt want more Agility people in WotR.. People who use a 2hander and swing it like a knife made of wood..

I like some stuff in CRPG, the customization is pretty awesome. In my head I like the idea of creating a build. But I hate, hate hate, any kind of stat disparity. I hate that people will have more or less points to distribute to their attributes then myself. It means when I won I either had an unfair advantage, or I just can't hurt someone. The challenge can be nice to take someone down who is higher level, but there becomes a point where you are just sort of sick of hitting some guy 6 or 7 times and he is still just spamming at full speed because he quite frankly doesn't care you are landing blows because he just needs one.

But you also can't deny how popular it is. Part of that I think is the level / gear grind compels people to play longer and more often. The other I think are people that really do enjoy that power disparity. Think about it, if you find that you play native a lot, but aren't really succeeding after a while, it can be hard to pick the game back up.

But now you can take CRPG where you can pour time into it and gain a pretty nice advantage over people, it can really appeal to those players. But they aren't just the backbone either, plenty love the customization and finding different builds.

I think I finally tried CRPG to try strategous, because that is a pretty cool concept in itself, but I found that I was based in the wrong continent (north america). I've always felt the EU population of warband has way more people and is overall more healthy in terms of the kinds of game modes you can find throughout the day.

Honestly I feel like from what we know, wotr's customization is going to be more along the lines of keeping people relatively the same in the amount of power, but specialized, which is exactly the kind I'd want to see. I guess we can focus on say perks as an archer to do really well there, but if we want we could maybe take some melee stuff too and have a middle of the road archer/melee character if we wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf1990 View Post
    I'm guessing you:a) Don't look at the list of native servers a whole lot
    b) Have no clue that other mods also exist and have higher populations that cRPG. (mm Russia springs to mind)

Apparently you dont realize that just because native servers are up doesn't mean they are populated the CRPG server constantly have 50-300 ppl playing 24/7 native might have 5-80 soooooooooo apparently u are just making stuff up.

Yes mount and musket has a good population but in case you weren't aware MM is nothing like war of roses so it is completely irrelevant thank you for you're attempted derailing but u sir have failed

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

I lol'd. Native is alive and kicking mate, the European Native League, (which has 3 full divisions of clans participating in it,) and Nations Cup tournament are proof of that.

cRPG is the biggest M&B: Warband mod, with that I agree, but I think Native still has more regular players, (one glance down the server list tells me that.)
    I understand what you are saying but i just checked 5 hours straight and each time i loaded the game up guess what servers had the most ppl CRPG...

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Apparently you dont realize that just because native servers are up doesn't mean they are populated the CRPG server constantly have 50-300 ppl playing 24/7 native might have 5-80 soooooooooo apparently u are just making stuff up.

Yes mount and musket has a good population but in case you weren't aware MM is nothing like war of roses so it is completely irrelevant thank you for you're attempted derailing but u sir have failed
    One server having about 120 people on in the afternoon, in just one server, is not "pretty much dead".

I understand what you are saying but i just checked 5 hours straight and each time i loaded the game up guess what servers had the most ppl CRPG...
    He just said it was the most popular mod...

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectAngel View Post
    Some of the little tweaks are a slight improvement I agree, but you can not beat Native for balance and fairness, (hence the massive competitive playerbase native has.)

In my opinion cRPG was always and has always been a bunch of people swinging blindly to get more monies. No tactics involved, no group play, just get what you can for yourself...
    You clearly have not played cRPG for very long nor participated in strategeous battles.... The whole swinging blindly thing applies to native not cRPG since you dont get money for kills

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade Chaos View Post
    One server having about 120 people on in the afternoon, in just one server, is not "pretty much dead".

He just said it was the most popular mod...
    The point is that, thats 1 crpg server, not to mention the the other 5 servers that have 30-100 people in them

Quote Originally Posted by Banok View Post
    its true that crpg has imbalance between new players and people who play alot, this is part of the game I don't like. It didn't used to be so bad before they added hierlooms. you don't have to start out level 1 tho you can make an instant lvl 30 now, but always be at a slight disadvantage to grinders.

the balance overall tho in terms of animations, weapon stats, fixes, cavalry, archery etc. is MUCH MUCH more balanced than native. native suffers from more animation abuse, dueling in native is just sad. There are alot of general balancing things which mean I could never go back to native. for example lancing from horseback has been insanely overpowered since warband beta (I was there), but in crpg they reduced the degree you can aim your lance, so no more ridiculous poking people behind you. no more stabbing your sword through the ground then into a player to hide the blow, no more poleaxes in 2h grip etc. etc. etc.

I could go on forever there are alot of subtle changes that make going from crpg to native as difficult as going from warband back to m&b 1.011 (which I did recently for tld mod).
    You're describing CRPG as Native and Native as CRPG. CRPG is anything but balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighvatr View Post
    You're describing CRPG as Native and Native as CRPG. CRPG is anything but balanced.
    Neither native nor cRPG is balance, Warband is a shit balance game all around thats not the dam point... the point im making is that cRPG has some good ideas/concepts that would and could be pretty cool in WOTR

Neither native nor cRPG is balance, Warband is a shit balance game all around thats not the dam point... the point im making is that cRPG has some good ideas/concepts that would and could be pretty cool in WOTR
    Perhaps Native is not balanced, as understanding that archers DO dominate, but it does have a balance. CRPG does not have a balance since players change their statistics almost constantly, and the effect of gameplay always tend to lead towards those who've played in the mod longer.

Corporal

First of all you have possibly made my life a paradise.

Second of all just got done watching this http://www.gamespot.com/events/gdc-2...ml?sid=6365126

I would like to just say you should take a look at the good and the bad for instance, the character progression is what M&B should have been (not just levels mind you but stat points as well) you can full customize how much strength (power strike, Iron flesh, power draw, power throw) or agi (Athletics, Riding, Weapon Master, Shield, Horse archery) your character has, This intense customization was phenomenal. In turn you saw builds all across the spectrum anything from 7str 33agi (with a spear/Light xbow just kiting and stabbing or reloading) to
    36str 3 agi (with heavy armor slow moving but just completely obliterate someone with a single swing) and everything in between the two

Also strategeous which was the single player map of M&B Warband but clans would fight over keeps castles and villages in online battles using the maps of the locations them selves which created a very compelling/fun thing to continue to fight over.

I hope you can take some of these suggestions into consideration i know Mikail Yazbeck knows a lot about the things i have covered here.

In closing, i hope you guys might have gotten some good ideas from my ramblings and I hope you could leave some feedback or something on this post about what u guys like dislike or already are considering.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME!!!!

Sincerely,

Epoch

EDIT: Since no one realizes what i'm trying to say i'm just gonna state it blatantly here.... cRPG has some pretty sweet concepts added to Warband, NO THE GAME ISN'T BALANCED!!! i know that, That's not what i'm saying. What i'm saying is that the ideas behind it are good but poorly implemented. I don't care if you think native is more populated, cause its not nor is MM. The game as a whole is IMBA so stop arguing about it.

All I'm sayin is that the deep customization in the aspect of character progression is very nice and it would be cool to see some of that past perks and armor/weapon proficiency

Mother of BOLD LETTERS RAGE
    Last edited by Varadin; 12-03-2012 at 23:40.

can someone ban this troll...really not worth the space what hes writing

Corporal

Quote Originally Posted by Thomsen88 View Post
    can someone ban this troll...really not worth the space what hes writing
    Says the guy who made 1 post.What would be the reason of banning ? cuse i just made a comment of my own opinion ? And troll ? You must be misunderstanding something here.

ME troll ? noooooo
    Last edited by Varadin; 13-03-2012 at 01:19.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast