+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: APD 2.0.8 download/feedback thread

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    Depends. Were you using the hotfix?
    Yes.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robotkiller View Post
    Yes.
    Well, that doesn't necessarily solve a crash if the bug is already in play. As I mentioned previously, the same bugs were in the NNM release and the hotfix didn't fix a person's savegame... but they did report not encountering any more crashes when they restarted. So I would say that, if the crash persists with a 2.0.9 game, then we'll look into it. But not otherwise.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Naselus, there is something I ought to tell you, which you may or may not know. Regarding making 1000 the brigade size. A long time ago I changed the brigade size for VRRP, though I did it upward to a whole 10000 (in the style of Victoria 1). Outcome was, the AI gathered its troops into armies that were way over supply limits even in peacetime, making its strength rot away from attrition. I concluded that the AI must've still thought its brigades are 3000 strong. If that is so, you obviously wouldn't get attrition, but on the flip-side, it would make the AI over-cautious of attrition by a factor 3, making players too easily capable of beating it with local superiority.

Oh, and kudos for finally introducing state capital soldiers. Now, the balance of PDM material ported to VRRP to VRRP material ported to PDM is a little less lopsided than it used to be
    So.. digital distribution equals communism?
    I disagree SO MUCH that I have to close this thread now.
    -Kallocain

Victoria 2 Realism & Rebalance Project 2010-2014, Requiescat in Pace

Quote Originally Posted by KonradRichtmark View Post
    Naselus, there is something I ought to tell you, which you may or may not know. Regarding making 1000 the brigade size. A long time ago I changed the brigade size for VRRP, though I did it upward to a whole 10000 (in the style of Victoria 1). Outcome was, the AI gathered its troops into armies that were way over supply limits even in peacetime, making its strength rot away from attrition. I concluded that the AI must've still thought its brigades are 3000 strong. If that is so, you obviously wouldn't get attrition, but on the flip-side, it would make the AI over-cautious of attrition by a factor 3, making players too easily capable of beating it with local superiority.
    Not had this problem occur, luckily enough. I'd guess the AI either now knows how to see it's brigade sizes properly, or else the 10k size was too unwieldy for it to work with within the relatively small supply limits in the game.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7