+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Signed game installers and Paradox as publisher in control panel

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IISengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Signed game installers and Paradox as publisher in control panel

Hi, two quick questions:

First, why are Paradox's installers .EXEs not signed?

Second, why in the Windows Control Panel's 'Program and Features' (the one that shows installed software) sometimes Paradox appears as the publisher and sometimes not?

In mine:
    Paradox appears as the publisher of EUIII, EUIII:NA, EUIII:IN, CKII, HOI3:SF, HOI3:FtM and V2:AHD;
    Gamersgate appears as the publisher of EUIII:HTTT, EUIIIW; and
    HOI3, V2 and Sengoku don't show any publisher.

I'm not complaining nor am I aware of the implications of those differences. I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Producer Paradox Dev Team Kallocain's Avatar

It is not signed because that costs money, we'd need to have a certificate for it and it just feels unnecessary.

Depends on who made the installer. If it says Gamersgate, then gamersgate made the installer. For the ones where it is missing, we must have forgotten a setting. Something to add to the list of things QA checks when they test our installers!

Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

I see. It makes sense now.

Thank you, Kallocain.

Paradox Forum Manager Administrator Castellon's Avatar
    90 games registered

200k club500k club

If it appears to be missing, it is a collector edition, hold on to it. It is one of the ones that was signed with transparent pixels. similar to invisible ink but for the computer.
    ya, that's the ticket "transparent pixels", don't listen to Kallocain, Paradox never forgets a setting.
    I have been dealt a good hand in life, now I am just looking for a few more cards!

Quote Originally Posted by Castellon View Post
    If it appears to be missing, it is a collector edition, hold on to it. It is one of the ones that was signed with transparent pixels. similar to invisible ink but for the computer.
    ya, that's the ticket "transparent pixels", don't listen to Kallocain, Paradox never forgets a setting.
    Great!

+ Reply to Thread