• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
B

Brucesim2003

When you have your messages set to "and pause", the game only pauses until you acknowledge the message and then starts again. Can this be changed to a "and stop" please? I.E the game stops until you tell it to resume. It's annoying when you need to react to the message but the game unpauses before you can do said reaction!

Cheers

Bruce

Like the good doctor said: Use the spacebar to pause (and unpause) the game after a message pops up. That's what I do. In fact, it has become a pavlovian reaction for me: After a message pops up I reflexively press the spacebar. Often without realizing it, without sometimes even wanting to.

If you press spacebar before closing the window the game stays paused. Some events do stop the game though and this unpauses it. When someone comes of age for example, the game actually does stay stopped and if you press space it will start when you click OK. For everything else that pauses with a window open though if will stay paused after you close the window if you hit space before you close it.

I have a question from the opposite point of view.
On multiplayer the game doesn't seem to pause for anything.
I thought it might be nice to try singleplayer this way, maybe as a sort of practice for multiplayer.
However in singleplayer under message settings there's no way to access the messages that pause the game until answered, I've checked them all and none of them have the 'pause' option checked. Yet the game still pauses for some.

Like the good doctor said: Use the spacebar to pause (and unpause) the game after a message pops up. That's what I do. In fact, it has become a pavlovian reaction for me: After a message pops up I reflexively press the spacebar. Often without realizing it, without sometimes even wanting to.

It would be nice if you could pause the game properly with the mouse though - like you could in CK1. Took me a while before I realised you could pause properly with the spacebar, and it was somewhat frustrating.

It would be nice if you could pause the game properly with the mouse though - like you could in CK1. Took me a while before I realised you could pause properly with the spacebar, and it was somewhat frustrating.

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by 'properly with the mouse.' You do know you can click the date on the top right to pause as well, right?

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you mean by 'properly with the mouse.' You do know you can click the date on the top right to pause as well, right?

Unless I'm going nuts (always possible), when you are under a pause given by a pop-up message, clicking the date to pause the game properly doesn't work, but pressing the spacebar does.

By 'properly' I mean that when you click through the pop-up, the game doesn't restart. I was playing just with the mouse to start with, and when I got a message I wanted to deal with but not leave on the screen, I thought I had to click through it, then as quickly as possible click the date to pause the game without losing too many days. Finding I could just press the spacebar while the pop-up was still there was a mini revelation :)

I know it's not possible but it would be nice to get event pop-ups with the earliest event on top.