+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Filter my culture broken?

Filter my culture broken?

Is the my culture filter working for anyone else, or am I misreading the status? It seems that when I filter "My culture: Yes" I still get people that are Scottish, Welsh, or Brittian in addition to the Irish I was looking for. Does the My culture lump sub cultures together? Because I was really hoping to find a male to matrimarry my princess of Ireland to that would not result in a foreigner being born...

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesMount & Blade: Warband

i think its the same culture group. hope that helps

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Like Kyoss wrote, it indeed gives you all the subcultures of your overall culture group. I wish there was another option to limit it to your own subgroup.

I thought thats what it was doing but I wasn't sure. Do you know if the subculture penalty is the same as the foreigner penalty?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottiths View Post
    I thought thats what it was doing but I wasn't sure. Do you know if the subculture penalty is the same as the foreigner penalty?
    The penalty for being in the same culture group, yet different specific culture, is halved, which would be -10 instead of the -20.

EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yea, was wondering why not three options to the culture filter: "yes", "no", "kinda".

Second Lieutenant Emperor Basil's Avatar
    Crusader Kings II

If you click on the culture symbol at the top of the column it will sort your culture group into specific cultures so you can separate them. Also works for religion which is very handy for rooting out heretical vassals.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Basil View Post
    If you click on the culture symbol at the top of the column it will sort your culture group into specific cultures so you can separate them. Also works for religion which is very handy for rooting out heretical vassals.
    Well the problem with that method is then I can't search for the best stat. I really wish the game would allow multi level sorting. IE: sort by religion, then by stewardship then by diplomacy.

+ Reply to Thread