+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: APD 2.0.7 download/feedback thread

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    There's a military score display bug on the country select screen, it's a vanilla thing.
    Actually, I enjoy the idea that the USA is put as merely an emerging Great Power, considering the fact that it basically was. I dunno, if you want to keep it the regular way, go on ahead, I just thought it was an idea to think about to as well give the Mexicans a chance to gain GP hood instead of simply going through a GP itself, as well as giving the USA a little more time to simply ascend to GPhood ahead of others and gaining instant access to the Americas as a sphere-bag.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

  2. #42
    Field Marshal Rylock's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    8,217
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    Actually, I enjoy the idea that the USA is put as merely an emerging Great Power, considering the fact that it basically was. I dunno, if you want to keep it the regular way, go on ahead, I just thought it was an idea to think about to as well give the Mexicans a chance to gain GP hood instead of simply going through a GP itself, as well as giving the USA a little more time to simply ascend to GPhood ahead of others and gaining instant access to the Americas as a sphere-bag.
    Perhaps you didn't read what I said. It displays as a SP in the country selection screen-- but when you actually go into the game, it's a GP as per normal. It's just a display bug.

  3. #43
    I know, but I was saying that I liked the concept of the bug itself, and gave thought to it as being a reality for the country selection.
    Nationality: British, living in the provinces-in-revolt of British North America, New York.
    Ideology: Reactionary.
    Issues: British Pan-nationalism
    Current work: PROVINCE_NAME
    Cash reserves: £50
    Revolt risk: 99%
    Militancy: 10
    Consciousness: 10
    "The biggest argument against democracy is a five minute discussion with the average voter." -Winston Churchill
    "The absolute ruler may be a Nero, but he is sometimes a Titus or Marc Aurelius; the people is often Nero, but never Marc Aurelius." -Rivarol

  4. #44
    God Emperor Soulstrider's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,019
    Happy to say that the crash problem that I had with was 2.0.6 disappeared with this patch
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

    Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

    One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

    "Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

  5. #45
    I've been playing as Peru-Bolivia, and I've been finding that every time a GP spheres China, all my factories become massively unprofitable. Once China civilizes and becomes a GP, all of my factories turn around and start producing good profits in the course of a few weeks. However, there are now shortages of some fairly common raw materials, like coal, iron, lead, and fruit. My country has not been a GP at any point nor has it been sphered.

    I suspect this problem isn't simply an issue of how much of a sphered country's economy a GP controls, but that China simply has too many artisans and not enough farmers/laborers.

    I also find that the population growth reducing events (Cholera, etc.) are occuring too often, I've lost nearly 10% of my population over the course of two decades.

  6. #46
    A newly westernizing nation probably shouldn't have mandatory service as their draft law.

    In my game Japan stopped passing reforms in the late '60s while 90% westernized. I tag swapped to them a decade and half later and saw that they had 100k research points saved up.
    Last edited by keynes2.0; 11-03-2012 at 07:40.
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

    Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

  7. #47
    Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kraków, Poland
    Posts
    347
    I checked promotion tables and i noticed few thing:
    -factor bugged: when pops have possibility to promote to officers they don't check it in state, but only in province. Since officers are state capital only it would make overproduction of officers.
    - have you removed fator which decrease promotion to soldier when they are not recruted on purpose or you just forget about it ? I think it should be back.
    - factor considering promoting to bureocrats in colonies. Lost or deleted on puropose ?

    And two suggestions:
    1.) Increase clergyman promotion without high education spending. AI is hard to convince to set it higher than 50 %.
    Clergymen population should drift to 2% even with low eductaction slider, high spending should make it faster.

    2.) Make some of social reforms not making bigger need for burocrats. It's much to high now. If you entact all social reforms optimum value for state bureocrats will be 13%. It's incredibly high even in our present socialist-twisted and bureocrat dominated world, in 19 century it would be hard to imagine. I suggest to remove increase in bureocrats in max.workhours, pollution and safety. To compensate it, remove decrease of needs. It would also stop their demands to entact one social reform after another, since they will be poorer.
    If you can add new type of social payment and would in addition remove bureocrats from arts endowment and replace it with payment from budget social spending slider.

    Those suggestions are pretty important to let AI use their NF to some other things than just promoting clergy and bureocrats (i see this in almost all countries all over the world).
    The AI has a problem with setting sliders in a proper way so we have to help him a bit.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by keynes2.0 View Post
    A newly westernizing nation probably shouldn't have mandatory service as their draft law.

    In my game Japan stopped passing reforms in the late '60s while 90% westernized. I tag swapped to them a decade and half later and saw that they had 100k research points saved up.
    Grrr, that thing again ><
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    -factor bugged: when pops have possibility to promote to officers they don't check it in state, but only in province. Since officers are state capital only it would make overproduction of officers.
    Officers aren't SC only.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    - have you removed fator which decrease promotion to soldier when they are not recruted on purpose or you just forget about it ? I think it should be back.
    Was removed on purpose. I might bring it back, tho.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    - factor considering promoting to bureocrats in colonies. Lost or deleted on puropose ?
    Deleted on purpose, since it was an incorrect factor which actually caused pricultures to be less likely to become crats in colonies. Going to replace it with a corrected version.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    1.) Increase clergyman promotion without high education spending. AI is hard to convince to set it higher than 50 %.
    Clergymen population should drift to 2% even with low eductaction slider, high spending should make it faster.
    No, I don't think it should drift to 2%. 2% is 'full' clergy. If you're not funding education 100%, you don't get 100% teaching staff.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post
    2.) Make some of social reforms not making bigger need for burocrats. It's much to high now. If you entact all social reforms optimum value for state bureocrats will be 13%. It's incredibly high even in our present socialist-twisted and bureocrat dominated world, in 19 century it would be hard to imagine. I suggest to remove increase in bureocrats in max.workhours, pollution and safety. To compensate it, remove decrease of needs. It would also stop their demands to entact one social reform after another, since they will be poorer.
    If you can add new type of social payment and would in addition remove bureocrats from arts endowment and replace it with payment from budget social spending slider.
    Again, no. Firstly, you're not really meant to get all the reforms; that's for communist nations only really. secondly, I'm not making some socialist reforms 'free' but ineffective; it'd remove the point in them. I may reduce the number of crats needed per social reform, tho.

    EDIT: yeah, bug in this - for some reason, our social reforms were adding half a % rather than 1/5th of a %. This is not only too high when we have so many reforms, but also doesn't match the promo tables. Fixed.
    Last edited by Naselus; 11-03-2012 at 13:54.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWest View Post
    Actually, I enjoy the idea that the USA is put as merely an emerging Great Power, considering the fact that it basically was. I dunno, if you want to keep it the regular way, go on ahead, I just thought it was an idea to think about to as well give the Mexicans a chance to gain GP hood instead of simply going through a GP itself, as well as giving the USA a little more time to simply ascend to GPhood ahead of others and gaining instant access to the Americas as a sphere-bag.
    To an extent yes - I'd certainly rather the USA was least of the GPs early on, since that was very much it's place in the world. But I don't want it in a SP position, simply because then I need to put someone else in a GP slot and no-one is really appropriate.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  11. #51
    I'm having a problem with the Unequal Treaty. I am playing the UK and I declare war on China but I am never given the option for the Unequal Treaty. As soon as the requirements are met (I've captured HK) Russia who is a junior partner in the war gets the decision and the war ends without me getting HK.

  12. #52
    General seattle's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,986
    Japan 1923. I grabbed some Chinese territory, saved and later reloaded. Now game speed slowed down to a crawl. There is a great war going on in Europe for years now, maybe that has something to do with it.
    I'm #1 in the world by a wide margin (some 3500 points compared to the 2500 points of #2 Britain). Game speed was fine up until this point.

    Edit: Speed just improved a bit when China annexed Nationalist China. China is #3 in the world due to 1700 points in military power. That gigantic mass of divisions probably causes the speed issues once unleashed.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by seattle View Post
    Japan 1923. I grabbed some Chinese territory, saved and later reloaded. Now game speed slowed down to a crawl. There is a great war going on in Europe for years now, maybe that has something to do with it.
    I'm #1 in the world by a wide margin (some 3500 points compared to the 2500 points of #2 Britain). Game speed was fine up until this point.

    Edit: Speed just improved a bit when China annexed Nationalist China. China is #3 in the world due to 1700 points in military power. That gigantic mass of divisions probably causes the speed issues once unleashed.
    Yeah, it's almost certainly due to unit numbers. That should be massively reduced for the next version.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  14. #54
    Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,636
    I just played another game as Prussia -> NGF. It is now 1875 and noticed a few more things:

    (1) "unit_start_experience" seems not to work for national values. I just switched to "nv_supremacy", but neither does this bonus show up in the tooltip, nor do my units receive any starting experience.

    (2) After I finished the Kiel Canal, I received an event that told me that "Another nation has started the Kiel Canal construction".

    (3) Overall the Prussian / NGF economy is terrifyingly strong. While I struggled during my last game as Chile to to get any profitable factories, even with fully advanced commerce and industry techs and 3% capis, in this game it is now 1875 and I managed to pile up over 35 million $, with a maximized standing army and full payment for all sliders. During the early game I had set my taxes to 50%, but now I can simply live of the 15k taxes I receive from my rich strata @ 50 taxation (tech level is Ad-Hoc money printing). I did not even have to prioritize my commerce techs (Organisation / Though & Critique) to be competetive. What can cause this significant difference?

    (4) There seems to be a shortage of pharmaceutica for the early game. In my Chile game, pharmaceutics where activated around 1845, and around 1860 the supply was 1.0 with a price of 50$ per unit. I opened a factory and mate loads of cash until other industrial nations started producing, and it took around 1875 until the price finally normalized. I thought that was just a single incident of "good luck", but in my current game, pharmas where in short supply again for a long time. Shouldn't artisans at least start to produce some pharmas to keep the price increase in check?

    (5) Some election events show "noissue" for all parties at the upper right of the event window.

    (6) The pops are a bit too keen to lobby for pollution standards. Anti-pollution movements are usually dominating all other movements and in all four games I played so far, I had "Strict Standards" while only 1-3 other reforms had been passed.

    (7) There seem to be no social-liberal parties.

    (8) The icon for Hussars/CAV in the military menu is labeled "Cavalry", the unit however is called "Hussar". The other two units are correctly labeled as "Dragoons" and Cuirassier" for both icon and unit.

    (9) One time I was hosting the world fair and the "delay" event kept firing over and over. After two years and (iirc) 5 million $ payment, it finally began. Bad luck? :<

    Anyway, I really enjoy APD, guess now there is no way back to vanilla.

  15. #55
    Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kraków, Poland
    Posts
    347
    Glad you found this bug with bureocrats vs. reform. I was going to post a flame post about you being mad staying with 13% of crats after your first response

    EDIT: Naselus do you know the console command which prevent game from pausing on events ? I rad about it some times ago, but i forget and can't find it. It would help me with my tests.
    Last edited by Yosiu; 11-03-2012 at 15:54.

  16. #56
    Checksum LVRW?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Chranny View Post
    Checksum LVRW?
    Yes, for me at least.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosiu View Post

    EDIT: Naselus do you know the console command which prevent game from pausing on events ? I rad about it some times ago, but i forget and can't find it. It would help me with my tests.
    Debug assert
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (1) "unit_start_experience" seems not to work for national values. I just switched to "nv_supremacy", but neither does this bonus show up in the tooltip, nor do my units receive any starting experience.
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (2) After I finished the Kiel Canal, I received an event that told me that "Another nation has started the Kiel Canal construction".
    Ancient bug; god alone knows why it still happens. Rylock, can you take a look at it? It's probably a flagging error.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (3) Overall the Prussian / NGF economy is terrifyingly strong. While I struggled during my last game as Chile to to get any profitable factories, even with fully advanced commerce and industry techs and 3% capis, in this game it is now 1875 and I managed to pile up over 35 million $, with a maximized standing army and full payment for all sliders. During the early game I had set my taxes to 50%, but now I can simply live of the 15k taxes I receive from my rich strata @ 50 taxation (tech level is Ad-Hoc money printing). I did not even have to prioritize my commerce techs (Organisation / Though & Critique) to be competetive. What can cause this significant difference?
    Because you're a superpower, mostly. You get a lot of your TE from literacy in PDM; this makes high-lit nations like Prussia and France very powerful. I may actually need to weaken the lit effect on this, since it gives France a 30% stronger tax base in 1836 compared to Russia. Also, there's been some optimizations over the previous version, so the economy should be better for everyone now - I increased base factory output by about 10% to avoid killing anyone under #8 prestige.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (4) There seems to be a shortage of pharmaceutica for the early game. In my Chile game, pharmaceutics where activated around 1845, and around 1860 the supply was 1.0 with a price of 50$ per unit. I opened a factory and mate loads of cash until other industrial nations started producing, and it took around 1875 until the price finally normalized. I thought that was just a single incident of "good luck", but in my current game, pharmas where in short supply again for a long time. Shouldn't artisans at least start to produce some pharmas to keep the price increase in check?
    Yeah, this is an AI problem which exists in Vanilla too. The AI isn't very good at recognizing newly-activated goods until the supply changes from 1. So until someone starts making them, the AI is very unlikely to do it. You can sometimes see the same thing on Automobiles and Fuel in vanilla. It doesn't always occur, but it's very annoying.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (5) Some election events show "noissue" for all parties at the upper right of the event window.
    Hmmm, interesting; wonder what might cause that. Got a save?

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (6) The pops are a bit too keen to lobby for pollution standards. Anti-pollution movements are usually dominating all other movements and in all four games I played so far, I had "Strict Standards" while only 1-3 other reforms had been passed.
    Yeah, I'm going to have to delve into the issue files fairly soon to bring them into line with the movement-based reform model. Which should be great fun. ><

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (7) There seem to be no social-liberal parties.
    Nope.

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    (8) The icon for Hussars/CAV in the military menu is labeled "Cavalry", the unit however is called "Hussar". The other two units are correctly labeled as "Dragoons" and Cuirassier" for both icon and unit.
    Grrr. I hate interface bugs ><

    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    Anyway, I really enjoy APD, guess now there is no way back to vanilla.
    Glad to hear it Hopefully, the fact that it's so popular in it's current barely-ready state means once we've refined all the new changes it should be awesome.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Naselus View Post
    To an extent yes - I'd certainly rather the USA was least of the GPs early on, since that was very much it's place in the world. But I don't want it in a SP position, simply because then I need to put someone else in a GP slot and no-one is really appropriate.
    More on this; I've switched unit sizes to 1000 men for the next release, which has massively inflated military scores (bringing them more or less into line with prestige and industry, funnily enough), and that's pushed the USA down a lot in the GP listings early on and made it much harder for it to leapfrog up to #3 from prestige alone.

    God knows what so many units will do to performance, tho :P Seems OK up to 1860 so far, tho, even with 5-6 nations running around with 200-unit strong armies.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

    Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts