• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(255172)

Turbo Tape Games Dev
1 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
turbotapegames.com
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Presenting the Royal Navy's Type 23 Frigate, also called the Duke class. With 13 active ships of this class, it is correctly stated that the Type 23 currently makes up the backbone of the Royal Navy. The Type 23 is a specialized anti-submarine ship.

Type23_duke_maya_screenshot_RED.jpg

In fact, it was originally intended to be far more specialized than it is, but hard lessons from the Falklands war lead to a rethink of the design. The Type 23 sports Harpoon anti-ship missiles and a battery of capable Sea Wolf VLS-launched anti-air missiles. It is advised, however, to pair it up with its big brother the Type 45 destroyer (Daring class) if you expect a serious missile or aircraft threat.

The below is a recent screenshot of a Type 23 appearing in-game (pre-release):

NWAC 2012-03-02 13-13-59-46_RED.jpg

Brits generally give cool names for their ship classes, huh?

They better make a new class ship called dreadnought ;)

The Type 26 (the replacement for this class from 2020+) don't have names yet. I'm hoping for some classic names... Warspite, Furious, etc. The F class names seem like a good choice to me; Fearless, Fortitude, Formidable, Focus, Furious, Fighter, Fain, Flinty, Foison, Foudroyant, Fructuous, Fulgour, Furibund, Fair, Falmouth, Falkirk, Falklands. :p

This is an interesting thing that Brits do. For example they called most of their tanks with names starting with "C". Churchill, Cromwell, Covenanter, Crusader, Cavalier, Centaur, Challenger, Comet and Centurion.

Really interesting choice of words.

Will Russia be in possession of Tu-22M3M, Kh-65, Kh101,102, Kh-22, 32 and would missiles use evasive maneuvers? What is damage system like?
We don't include any nuclear weapons. We may include the Kh-101, but definitely Kh-555.

There's been a lot of discussions here about the Kh-22/32 'Kitchen'. We have it in the weapons database, but we're not entirely clear where to put it :)

Missiles do not evade attempts to shoot them down, no.

Tu-22M3M: We have backfires. I am not entirely clear what upgrades are put into the M3M compared to the Tu-22M3 we've implemented.

The damage system is a simple hitpoint based system, with additional (repairable) damage to subsystems (sensors, weapons, aircraft facilities). Damage has other consequences, too: fires, slower speed, subs must surface, etc. Aircraft have the same damage model in theory, but I have never experienced anything but one hit kills of aircraft.

There's been a lot of discussions here about the Kh-22/32 'Kitchen'. We have it in the weapons database, but we're not entirely clear where to put it :)

Somewhere close to the sink? Then everything will be in :D :D :D

(old English saying, throw everything at something, including the kitchen sink - meaning, literally, everything).

Okay, it was a bad pun. Really bad, and I take great pleasure in knowing that :D

The damage system is a simple hitpoint based system, with additional (repairable) damage to subsystems (sensors, weapons, aircraft facilities). Damage has other consequences, too: fires, slower speed, subs must surface, etc. Aircraft have the same damage model in theory, but I have never experienced anything but one hit kills of aircraft.

JanH, since the subs will surface under some situations, will they surrender? Or, will all the units simply fight "until death"?