Thread: How many troops do you prepared or used in American Civil War?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Rome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club

How many troops do you prepared or used in American Civil War?

I'm in 1857 playing as USA. I wonder how many troops do I have to prepare/use for incoming American Civil War 1861-1865 ? I have built fortress + one fortress division numbering 400 + good defensive general in Washington DC numbering around 430 (engineers, artillery, medic, signals, supply, balloon observer). And fortress +fortress division in southern*Illinois. And i have +/- 11000 money ready to used to build army. My other army unit is scattered all over US in small number from 10-70, maybe numbering around 300-500 in total. How many more troops should i add/make ?

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Check out the multiplayer section of this forums. The ACW has just erupted in late 1859 in our game! You could load the savegame given and study what the current player has done.
    My AARs
    -------->>> The House of Zähringen <<<--------
    -------->>> Bismarck's Spirit <<<--------

Cities in MotionDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

When the war starts you get given a lot of free troops and ships. You don't really need to build them manually in advance, although of course if you do, you'll win faster. I built extra warships when I played the US, so I could blockade the Confederate ports. (Ships at sea for more than a few turns lose all their cohesion, so you need to shuttle fleets in and out of port frequently to maintain a constant blockade.)

You might consider it cheating, but you could also make sure you rebase all your military and naval units to the North before the rebellion starts. Otherwise the game will do it for you automatically, but they might not end up where you wanted them.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Rome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club

Thank you so much for all the tips.
    I love this forum

Hearts of Iron III

I have found it useful to build:
    - forts
    - artillery
    - light warships
    - cavalry

You don't have a lot of manpower, so concentrate on what give you the most bang for the buck. Be advised the CSA will invade north and not sit and wait; the single best thing to do in my opinion is build a lot of forts. You will end up losing some of them, but it greatly hampers a quick advance by the rebels.

As mentioned, you will get about 11+ corps of infantry when war breaks out, so don't sweat the manpower intensive units until much later in the game.

Regards,
    Feltan