• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forris

Second Lieutenant
18 Badges
Nov 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rise of Prussia
Hi, I have a couple of questions regarding your plans for the naval aspect?

NB: Please take notice that I do not know how the Clausewitz engine works, in NCII, with regards of naval battles (I've played a little HOI3 and EUIII)

1) Will the naval fleets engaged have only one senior leader assigned(like EUIII), or will there be separated squadrons with individual leaders?
2) Will there be a maximun number of ships engaged at one given time, if that's the case - how many have you planned?
3) Exactly how will a naval blockade affect the blocked port's owner - say, increased war exhaustion (if that's implemented), decreased trade and income?
4) Will there be a possibility to engage enemy convoys or shipping at sea (like in HOI3)?

I'm really looking forward to this game, I have high hopes - and judging by your previous titles, I do not think I will be disappointed.

At the moment we are making checks in the code to handle naval warfare.
* We have already implemented separate squadrons with individual admirals at their heads.
* Battles at sea will probably work with vthe classical line of file tactic and wind gauge advantage, but we also plan to implement a bit more maneuvers.
* Blockade will have both a tactical effect (preventing/hindering enemy movement from/into ports) and an economic one (prevent trade income)
* No convoys yet, but definitely we shall handle privateering and economic warfare on the high seas

Thanks

Sounds very promising, thank you!

Please make sure that the frequency of engagements is realistic. Most wargames allow for way too many big engagements. The oceans are huge and without radar fleets did not locate each other easily or have big battles very often. Maybe a good FOG of WAR system is needed here. Thanks for making this game. Can't wait to play it. My favourite period of history!!

Status
Not open for further replies.