Closed Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we have some real info on release date/development state?

Командир Батаљона DanubianCossak's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can we have some real info on release date/development state?

Ok so there are a few threads were people have mentioned stuff related to MM, from Ubik to Paradox people, and im still not clear whats going on.

So could someone explain whats up, exactly, if possible without being cryptic.

1. Is game finished (and i dont mean 100% finished according to development vision, i mean are you done working on its development before its released)?

2. When is it going to be released?

Thx.
    Clinically diagnosed russophile and scourge of self righteous westerners.

The game is currently Gold Master, meaning that it's almost finished and just needs some more beta-testing and polishing. It should be released in around two months (depending on Paradox releasing strategy - how to deal with the market's state, competition...).
    "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Join the Paradoxian Union of Lottocrats !

Anti-Emperor
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

What we (the fans) know:

The team has submitted a "gold master" - a final pre-alpha (?) release candidate version of the game to Paradox for testing. The team will be submitting another version correcting things pointed out by Paradox's testing and feedback tomorrow. For how long this will continue we do not know, but my guess is the underlying principle is somewhere near "The game shouldn't have any game-breaking bugs on release and should be as accessible as it can be within it's own niche". When the purpose of the testing has been fulfilled, there's also marketing concerns to consider. At that stage, when those have been addressed, Paradox will set a release date (assumably still within Q2, so at the latest 30th of June). When the team will know of it and when it will be made public we cannot know.

If Paradox or the MM team have new information to disclose that would be awesome, but at this stage it seems we just have to wait a bit more for the long awaited release date.

First Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis 3

Quote Originally Posted by Magean View Post
    [...]It should be released in around two months[...]
    Perfect.

RhoDaZZ, the gold RC isn't pre-alpha (or at least you'd better hope it isn't); alpha is the initial version used for internal development, after which you have beta which is a version somewhat resembling the intended release candidate (RC) - this is then tested either internally (closed beta) or publicly (open beta) and once it meets the devs' general criteria it's sent off to Paradox as a gold master. If Paradox are happy with it, they'll do some last-minute tweaking, wrap it up with an installer and so on (assuming ubik's team haven't already done this) and publish it. It seems they weren't happy with the gold master though, so it looks like it's been delayed a couple of months whilst ubik's team bring it up to scratch and can then send it off a second time and hope they're more successful.

Anti-Emperor
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Pied-Noir View Post
    RhoDaZZ, the gold RC isn't pre-alpha (or at least you'd better hope it isn't); alpha is the initial version used for internal development, after which you have beta which is a version somewhat resembling the intended release candidate (RC) - this is then tested either internally (closed beta) or publicly (open beta) and once it meets the devs' general criteria it's sent off to Paradox as a gold master. If Paradox are happy with it, they'll do some last-minute tweaking, wrap it up with an installer and so on (assuming ubik's team haven't already done this) and publish it. It seems they weren't happy with the gold master though, so it looks like it's been delayed a couple of months whilst ubik's team bring it up to scratch and can then send it off a second time and hope they're more successful.
    Sure, that's what I assumed too (since there was already announcements of a beta and testers being accepted), but it says Alpha version on the screenshots recently released. If we trust that, it would then make sense that they have either passed into Alpha after the RC or have passed from Alpha to Beta already - thus the question mark. In the end, we can merely relate to what we get as the released product.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

We're in Beta. Moreover, we're in gold stage, which means that every system we wanted to be in the game are in, so there won't be any new additions, only bugfixes before the final release.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Corporal
    Cities in MotionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

This is great news. My congrats to the MM developement team. I've been playing the MMU mod for weeks now and can't wait for the game, but I guess I'll have to.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by alrhuff View Post
    This is great news. My congrats to the MM developement team. I've been playing the MMU mod for weeks now and can't wait for the game, but I guess I'll have to.
    You think weeks is bad...

Hi,

the current silence is a result of Paradox reviewing the Magna Mundi Release Candidate (what Ubik referred to as the team's "GM delivery") and finding faults on some crucial points. There is definitely a very cool game there but the greatness was shadowed by hiccups; a few showstoppers and other issues just detracting from the overall quality . Either way, it's not yet the experience it can and deserves to be. So the bug hunt is on!

I'm sure Ubik and others on the team will pop back up on the forums with more detailed reports on the progress of getting a new Release Candidate ready for submission.

Cheers,
    Mattias
    Executive producer, Paradox Interactive
    - Strategy is our game -

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I don't mind waiting a few more months for a really good, mostly bug-free release.

Looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias Lilja View Post
    Hi,

the current silence is a result of Paradox reviewing the Magna Mundi Release Candidate (what Ubik referred to as the team's "GM delivery") and finding faults on some crucial points. There is definitely a very cool game there but the greatness was shadowed by hiccups; a few showstoppers and other issues just detracting from the overall quality . Either way, it's not yet the experience it can and deserves to be. So the bug hunt is on!

I'm sure Ubik and others on the team will pop back up on the forums with more detailed reports on the progress of getting a new Release Candidate ready for submission.

Cheers,
    Mattias
    Executive producer, Paradox Interactive
    Last I spoke to Carlos there was going to be a new version turned in today. We've fixed many of the issues presented (thanks to Artur for his fantastic and professional report ), and the game is certainly in better state than it was on Feb 20th.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    SengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

That's awesome Zeitgeist - I'm sure you guys will pull it out successfully!
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Hi guys!

Today we are going to deliver a very advanced RC to Paradox with the critical issues addressed.
    Of course more time to polish the game is always good and I can only echo Magean wish to have two more months until release.

So, from UV point of view the game is in a state where a release date can be set and the optimal date for release would be in two months. We can understand scheduling issues and in that case less than that would also work. UV intends to support this game long after its release and we believe MM will be in acceptable condition at release. A delay of more than two months would pose some problems for UV as we are already planning (and developing some base systems!) the next game. For instance, right in front of me stands one of the MM coders that will be partly diverted from now on to work on the new game. In two months he will be only allocated to it. Time passes and its time to move on for us and plan and implement the project.

What is the beta's place in the project after a sensible release date has been set? I'll cover it with Paradox first but given we have a inhouse ticket system that we use extensively, I would like to include the ones who sign in this thread in the team while giving them access to the svn versions of Magna Mundi (which means updates everyday). That will help us turn the game better for the release patch and post release support.

Thank you very, very much for your help in fixing Magna Mundi and looking forward to work with you in the future,

Carlos Gustavo
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Victoria 2

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    A delay of more than two months would pose some problems for UV as we are already planning (and developing some base systems!) the next game. For instance, right in front of me stands one of the MM coders that will be partly diverted from now on to work on the new game.
    A new game! How long before an official press release and overview?

Thanks for the long update, Carlos, that's some great info. Is your cryptic third paragraph referring to an open beta? (I'm in!)

As much as I love the idea of a new UV game, I hope that it doesn't mean a lack of strong support (content patches, DLC) for MM, or that there's no possibility of an expansion until the new game's done.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

Cheers to the team for all its work, and thanks Ubik for the report.
    "The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

We will release several patches for Magna Mundi after its release. This doesn't mean that the game will be that buggy, but it is possible that some features will need a rebalance, or some players find some ways to play the game gamey-style. We want to fix these things

DLCs are different story as at this point Paradox is more in that. If they ask UV to make DLCs or expansions, we have plenty of ideas we did not implemented in the game because of the lack of time (most well known is to do something with PLC). But it's too far in the future.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Plc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Magean View Post
    Plc ?
    Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth

My guess is, while they seem pleased enough with Elective Monarchy as it is, PLC is hard to represent with any general mechanic. I'll be very impressed if they make PLC workable without breaking their "no special faction rules" policy.
    1 Clerk............................................. ........................1 Angestellte
    Nationality/Culture: Yankee /
    North German...............Nationalität/Kultur: Yankee-Amerikanisch / Norddeutsch
    Religion: Orthodox.......................................... ..........Religion: Orthodox
    Ideology: Reactionary....................................... ........Ideologie: Reaktionär
    Issues: Protectionism (Mercantilism), Pluralism.............Probleme: Protektionismus (Merkantilismus), Pluralismus
    Current Work: Student (Germanistik / Linguistics)......Arbeit: Student (Germanistik / Allgemeine Sprachwissenschaft)
    Cash Reserves: Low, but steady..................................Geldreserv en: Niedrig
    Revolt Risk: 7.5%.............................................. ........Revoltenrisiko: 7,5%
    Militancy: 3.00 (-.01).............................................. ....Militanz:
    3,00 (-,01)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (+.02).........................................Bew ußtsein: 7,00 (+,02)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast