+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: so i guess this game dieded

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindSengokuVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by James_Manring View Post
    I am fully absorbed by CK2 and can admit I have not come back to playing Sengoku, but I have been keeping my eye on the forum. I am hoping to see mods by chatnoir17 and a little love from PI bring this title up to speed in the coming months. I find myself missing certain aspects of it and wishing there was a CK2:Sengoku.
    Thanks for your kind words on my mod. If you find something in CK2 which should be included in MIH, please let me know.

After the release of CK2, Paradox might have more time to look at old works. EU3 gets new beta patches, so I hope they will release Sengoku ver.1.05 with some new features (adoption, more moddability, or some CK2 mechanics).
    Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica: A Sengoku Mod for CK2 (alpha 0.0.6)
    Historical 1534 scenario, original portraits, family trees between the 6th and 16th century etc. You can check alpha version video in ParadoxExtra!
    Direct Link to our Steam Workshop page.

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

Quote Originally Posted by chatnoir17 View Post
    EU3 gets new beta patches
    There's also a CK1 beta parch, a Rome beta patch...

Achtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIILegioMagickaSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I really hope the game gets a fully-fledged expansion at some time, it has so much potential.

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilfisher View Post
    zero activity on this forum
    IMHO the whole project was a cheap CK2 spinoff to jump on the STW2-Samurai-bandwagon. And honestly I felt sorry for the money I`ve spend right from the start.
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckenschmidt View Post
    IMHO the whole project was a cheap CK2 spinoff to jump on the STW2-Samurai-bandwagon. And honestly I felt sorry for the money I`ve spend right from the start.
    If you own Sengoku, why didn't register the game? If you look at the mod sub forum and play my mod, your opinion might be changed.
    Historical 1534 scenario, original portraits, family trees between the 6th and 16th century etc. You can check alpha version video in ParadoxExtra!

Pax Sinica (East Asia Mod for EU4) Bella Iaponica (Japan Mod for EU4, will be updated with AoW)

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    King Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Stuckenschmidt View Post
    In my opinion, CK2 is the cheap spinoff from Sengoku (although I enjoy it too). All in how you look at things...

Even though all Paradox games are played as 'conquest games' (maybe with the exception of CK2, but not CK1), Sengoku is the only one that really presents that to you as an object and makes it reasonably possible. Otherwise, it seems like the game was a side project, an idea targeting the Asian history market whose interest in strategy games was peaked when Shogun Total War 2 came out. I wonder if they'll ever make an expansion.

The mechanics of the game seem really interesting, and there's certainly a lot of marketing potential in its smooth play.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I wish the mods section of the Sengoku forum was open to the public. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but I might purchase the game if I saw some cool mods for it.

Or, at the very least, how about a mod highlight thread in the main Sengoku forum?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

It's a real pity that the mod forum isn't visible, as I think that a lot of those who are unsure about getting Sengoku, would probably get more interested about the game when seeing chatnoirs mod.
    Shōgun ni naritai! Sword of the Samurai AAR

"It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    I wish the mods section of the Sengoku forum was open to the public. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but I might purchase the game if I saw some cool mods for it.

Or, at the very least, how about a mod highlight thread in the main Sengoku forum?
    Here is the description of my mod. The scenarios are not completed and event texts needs to be written, but there are some improvements than vanilla.
    Code:
    I. Scenarios of several interesting periods in the Japanese history
    1. The Genpei War(1180)
    2. The Nanbokucho Period(1333)
    3. The Reign of Ashikaga Yoshimitsu(1399)
    4. the Onin War(1467)
    5. The Birth of Oda Nobunaga(1534)
    6. The Rise of Nobunaga(1551)
    7. The Battle of Okehazama(1560)
    8. The Anti-Nobunaga Alliance(1571)
    9. The Death of Nobunaga(1582)
    10. The Battle of Sekigahara(1600)

II. Expanded Family Trees for Historical Characters
    These 10 scenarios mean of course the significant increase of  characters, however MIH added their ancestors too. For example, the clan  members of the Shimazu or Date appear in each scenario, and these  characters are tied with the father-son relationship between 1180 (or  earlier) and 1600.

III. Expanded Game Mechanics
    The following features are already added in MIH.

1. Additional events
    a. Interactions with the Imperial Court
    b. Seasonal events
    c. Educational events
    d. Historical events for each scenario
    e. Building events

2. More thrilling battle
    a. x3 Movement of the Army
    b. Siege check in each 15 days

3. Provincial management
    a. altered building effects of castles and cities
    b. added new guild buildings
    c. All provinces are specialized as economical base or military base.

4. New traits with Japanese virtues and kanji
    Since the traits of vanilla contain some Western virtues and  icons such as angel, MIH replaced them with Japanese ones. Some of you  might be unable to read kanji, but they are just icons, so you don't  need to understand them. Please just try to feel them instead of "to  read"!

5. Optional anime/manga character portraits

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagicka
    March of the EaglesSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That all looks really neat, and anime portraits sound hilarious! Would it be against forum rules to start a mod highlight thread for your mod in the general Sengoku forum, complete with screenshots? It would probably get a bunch of fence sitters like me to purchase the game.

Quote Originally Posted by minispace View Post
    That all looks really neat, and anime portraits sound hilarious! Would it be against forum rules to start a mod highlight thread for your mod in the general Sengoku forum, complete with screenshots? It would probably get a bunch of fence sitters like me to purchase the game.
    Personally I would love to see the "advertising" thread of my mod, but I guess topics of mods are basically not allowed in the general forum.
    Last edited by chatnoir17; 09-04-2012 at 15:05.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by chatnoir17 View Post
    Personally I wold love to see the "advertising" thread of my mod, but I guess topics of mods are basically not allowed in the general forum.
    Basically, yes.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

I think the main problem with the game, discounting the area which I find boring to play, is the game is about endless war, with the goal of destroying all other factions. EU3 has similar issues whereas if you start small & don't grow you are crushed, though some of the Mods for it are very good, & get around these problems. CK2 on the other hand is all about Dyansties & it doesn't matter about whether you grow or not, as the game is never the same or boring. I think Sengoku is very one dimensional, which is I expect why it has failed relatively.

I do agree, but Sengoku also has the potential to be much more. The char system is quite fine, some rocking events would boost the game.
    Storm over Tintagel - A Cornwall AAR for CK: DV and TASS ... Started: 26.07.2008 ++ Updated: May 2009...

Final Patch - Ideas for new conditions and effects

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Naples, Campania, Italy, 115247758487174, Naples, Italy
    What they need to do is PORT what we have in CK2 into Sengoku.
    It takes just THAT and you'll see 500 mods and a big boost in this community numbers.

My personal idea is that Chatnoir and MHI are keeping this game alive, barely, but it's up to the DEVs to make a choice. Was this a MOD for CK1 or ... a PRE test to CK2?

Now CK2 is out, they should make a move.

Quote Originally Posted by GShock View Post
    What they need to do is PORT what we have in CK2 into Sengoku.
    It takes just THAT and you'll see 500 mods and a big boost in this community numbers.

My personal idea is that Chatnoir and MHI are keeping this game alive, barely, but it's up to the DEVs to make a choice. Was this a MOD for CK1 or ... a PRE test to CK2?

Now CK2 is out, they should make a move.
    I have feeling as well, his mod is most indepth only boy in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel M Bridge View Post
    I have feeling as well, his mod is most indepth only boy in town.
    While I am not unhappy with this situation, I really need more helpers. They don't have to be literally "modders", but someone who can write event texts and give me feedback and suggestions. There are few active members in the mod thread, but I want to hear opinions from the silent majority.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

I think what we really need here is a buildings system more like the CK2 one, so that there are still things to build after 80 years. It would allow more diversity between clans as well.

Sergeant
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of Nations500k club

Mod

I just think all Sengoku games is a DLC or mod that allows for "alternate victory conditions". For example, if you want a play a loyal vassal and help lead your lord to shogunhood, that's an admirable goal. There should be more options for victory in my opinion. There really needs to be a DLC or expansion but I haven't heard anything... I guess Sengoku 2 is possible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast