• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Another nice way is to hide the annoying brawling on count/duke level by handing out kingdoms and reigning as an emperor over just a handful of vassals.

This is what I'm attempting currently with my Russian empire. If I have a couple of kings I focus on keeping happy, their troops are usually enough to keep the dukes in my main kingdom for trying anything crazy. Like the guide suggests, I tutor the heirs of said kings and weed out any ambitious heirs when they appear.

When I hand out duke level titles to non-heirs, I first hand out the surplus counties in that duchy to different people. I then hand out the remaining two or three counties to the duke/duchess. That way they will be too busy keeping an eye on their own vassals to try to scheme against you.

These trait tables are the excellent work. I wonder if they could be updated with the missing traits like honest/deceitful and new religious ones like pilgrim, crusader, hafiz, mujahideen etc...

When I hand out duke level titles to non-heirs, I first hand out the surplus counties in that duchy to different people. I then hand out the remaining two or three counties to the duke/duchess. That way they will be too busy keeping an eye on their own vassals to try to scheme against you.
Yup, having dukes is not really a problem. Having dukes that have more than 1 county on the other hand is ...

When your realm gets big you can marry old dudes to old women (44 was the limit I think ?) This way when they die in 10-15 years you get the title back and when you give it again you will get the bonus opinion with the new count -> repeat.

Last edited: