+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Domination of the Draka

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Glad to see this isn't dead! Been waiting for this to be done since the AoD version.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Gukpa View Post
    add more events
    Yes, I'm in the process of adding more events according with the timeline of the trilogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gukpa View Post
    and give to USSR the Central asia.
    Giving them central asia would go against what hte books say, and I would have to switch resources everywhere to compensate the provincial switch between the two nations.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

Owner of the Portuguese Speakers Community (PSC)!

Domination of the Draka for Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by T.j. Arnold View Post
    Glad to see this isn't dead! Been waiting for this to be done since the AoD version.
    The mod would've been almost finished by now if we had an AI modder. :/
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin

aww no ai modders

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory500k club

It's sad to see a Soviet Union with no Central asia

Quote Originally Posted by gianlucad View Post
    The mod would've been almost finished by now if we had an AI modder. :/
    it's not hard to mod AI files a little, try looking at the HoI wiki and play around with bits here and there a little at a time. I've only ever changed/made 1 ai file and it hasn't been tested yet but i'm sure you can figure it out with baby steps

http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/i...dding_ai_files
    The SPQR mod has been joined with the New Age of the Roman Empire - A Darkest Hour Mod

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...rkest-Hour-Mod
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...e-Rise-of-SPQR

Playing the mod with the goal of defeating/defending against the Drakka, any ideas?

It would seem that the war in Europe would only increase the chances of a Drakka victory. But since the war in Europe is being lead by two "Major Alliances", they are unlikely to come to peace: the European war will likely continue until one side is destroyed.

Hm, I theorized that the best strategy would be to either destroy the Axis quickly or destroy the Allies prior to the USNA joining them. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rfish12 View Post
    Playing the mod with the goal of defeating/defending against the Drakka, any ideas?

It would seem that the war in Europe would only increase the chances of a Drakka victory. But since the war in Europe is being lead by two "Major Alliances", they are unlikely to come to peace: the European war will likely continue until one side is destroyed.

Hm, I theorized that the best strategy would be to either destroy the Axis quickly or destroy the Allies prior to the USNA joining them. Any thoughts?
    What nation are you playing as?

Well, I was thinking of playing as Romania, as I don't want the responsiblity of a truly major power, yet Romania can generally grow into one over time. Plus, I got that border with the Drakka that I can wisely reinforce with level 10 forts.

But the question would also be: Which power under human control would most likely be able to help the world resist the Drakka invasion?

Granted, "USNA" is always a good answer, but they're a little too big for my tastes. Plus, I think their AI and size can usually take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfish12 View Post
    Well, I was thinking of playing as Romania, as I don't want the responsiblity of a truly major power, yet Romania can generally grow into one over time. Plus, I got that border with the Drakka that I can wisely reinforce with level 10 forts.

But the question would also be: Which power under human control would most likely be able to help the world resist the Drakka invasion?

Granted, "USNA" is always a good answer, but they're a little too big for my tastes. Plus, I think their AI and size can usually take care of itself.
    Apart from the USNA, I'd have to say Germany, since htey have a major influence in most of europe.

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor The Glory500k club

Add more events in the next patch

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    53 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Pleases finish this so I can die a happy man!

Hello again,
    In around a month or so I will have more free time and will be able to start modding again. Also, there is now someone interested in developing this mod with me, so I'd like to know if there's anyone interested in playing it so that I can actually start redevelopment.

The current build has most of the basics covered in terms of tech teams, ministers, etc. But we need more events, a decent AI and a lot of balancing (although I remember spending days balancing the Spanish Civil War, so that should be kind of fine as it is). If you are interested in playing or developing the Domination of the Draka mod, please, let me know.

edit: sorry for the major thread necromancy mods :P
    Last edited by gianlucad; 09-12-2014 at 23:16.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I am definitely interested in playing this.
    I think more people who interact with me should know about the neuropsychological disorder, Asperger's Syndrome; that I am diagnosed with, in order to at least to some degree understand the background to my by some people perceived as strange personality.

+1

I hope you get this going. Looks great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4